Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread***

I’ve got the Gus Bradley feeling in my gut, where I don’t feel our players have the best chance to win, because OUR head coach/staff is not up to par with the OTHER steams head coach/staff. We are at a disadvantage the second we kick off the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"We need a good play for this to win the game, what is the absolute last play they think we would run?"
-Fournette up the middle

Irvin>fournette

Toughest loss since the AFC Championship game

Fournette should be benched at this point movinfg forward. I don't even know who our spellback or backup is, but Fournette should not under any circumstance be starting.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:10 PM by TearExtractor.)

If Fournette wasnt a high draft pick he would not still be on this team.

(09-15-2019, 04:09 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Fournette should be benched at this point movinfg forward. I don't even know who our spellback or backup is, but Fournette should not under any circumstance be starting.

Fournette didn’t have a GREAT game, but I’m not putting this crap on him

Minshew balled out against a division rival. I think he's got a future in the NFL. I just don't see him succeeding with this FO and coaching staff though. Burn it to the ground except for the OC for Minshew's sake.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

So one question. For a number of spread plays, there is a check at the line to see how many guys are in the box. If the QB thinks there is an advantage there, he hands off to back instead of throwing. If not, it's a very quick PA pass.

Could the last play have been a read by Minshew instead of the coaches?

(09-15-2019, 04:09 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:07 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It was strategy, the defense thinks they'll go with the hot hand, so instead they go to their worst offensive player.

It was a thinker's move.

I understand it goes against the grain but I believe in always going with the hot hand. Put it in the best hands possible.

Fournette is absolute trash.  Carlos Hyde put on a clinic in comparison which adds extra salt to the wound.  Fournette is the guy we need to step up after losing Foles, and the loser can't even gain more yards than the backup rookie QB.  Then he's given a shot at redemption to win the game and of course he can't do it.  I'm so tired of the front office always guessing wrong on these high 1st round draft picks.

Someone help me that watched Fournette in college, was the LSU line dominant? Is he just an average back and we had a better line in 2017?

This might be a major mistake for his draft position.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-15-2019, 04:10 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: If Fournette wasnt a high draft pick he would not still be on this team.

In his defense, the o line got no push. They are utter [BLEEP]... the play call was the error. Fire these idiots now!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So one question. For a number of spread plays, there is a check at the line to see how many guys are in the box. If the QB thinks there is an advantage there, he hands off to back instead of throwing. If not, it's a very quick PA pass.

Could the last play have been a read by Minshew instead of the coaches?

You think our offensive staff is that smart?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:15 PM by Mowerguy.)

Even the announcers said minshew had more yards than fournette .....if you're going for two....the mustache is your man.
Marrone needs to go.

Redeem yourselves and beat the tacks Thursday
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-15-2019, 04:10 PM)B-SMOOTH Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:09 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Fournette should be benched at this point movinfg forward. I don't even know who our spellback or backup is, but Fournette should not under any circumstance be starting.

Fournette didn’t have a GREAT game, but I’m not putting this crap on him

Well maybe you should because he got out gained on the ground by Minshew.  It's a consistent issue with him.  He always under performs.

(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Someone help me that watched Fournette in college, was the LSU line dominant? Is he just an average back and we had a better line in 2017?

He was never good against great defense. He needed huge holes where he didn't have to think or find the hole. If the hole isn't right in front of him and huge, he can't get up to speed, can't find a hole, and can't create a hole.

He literally waits behind the OL for a hole.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Seriously though, it's pretty sad when your rookie back up QB playing his second professional game gains more yards on the ground than your veteran first round RB

I'm not sure I want to blame Fournette for the loss though. I think you have to lay it squarely on the coaching staff though

(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:10 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: If Fournette wasnt a high draft pick he would not still be on this team.

In his defense, the o line got no push. They are utter [BLEEP]... the play call was the error. Fire these idiots now!!

The problem is he never makes an exceptional run. The first guy to get a hand on him and he's going down. He runs into guys instead of around them. He's slow to the hole.

He's Trent Richardson with more open field speed. I'm not sure he'd seem like an exceptional running back with an offensive line of all pros in front of him.

Fournette did lose this game. He chose to protect the ball instead of going for it. He played scared. He should be benched.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:18 PM by MoJagFan.)

(09-15-2019, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Someone help me that watched Fournette in college, was the LSU line dominant?  Is he just an average back and we had a better line in 2017?

He was never good against great defense. He needed huge holes where he didn't have to think or find the hole. If the hole isn't right in front of him and huge, he can't get up to speed, can't find a hole, and can't create a hole.

He literally waits behind the OL for a hole.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Thanks then that means we over drafted him in the classic perceived need pick. Chasing to save BOAT then.  Yeesh well it was a very boring game with a fourth quarter of excitement  Might be a winner for us in the future but this year is going to hurt.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.