Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-30-2019, 05:47 PM)Jagwired Wrote: THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES NOT WANT RAMSEY HERE IS RAMSEY!!!
CAN YOU PEOPLE HERE ME?.......HELLO? ... DOES THIS THING WORK?

We can’t here you way over there.  Tongue

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 06:37 PM by Jags.)

(09-30-2019, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 05:47 PM)Jagwired Wrote: THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES NOT WANT RAMSEY HERE IS RAMSEY!!!

We can’t here you way over there.  Tongue

Don’t worry, he can hear YOU!  ...And soon, the whole message board will hear you!

Lol, that's untrue. Just reading some on this board, it's clear he's not the only one who doesn't want him here.

But to your point, if we can't change his mind, even if that includes saying bye bye to TC at the end of the year, then we might have to move him by the trade deadline. Unfortunately.... I wish we could just play hardball and get him to play here. Still have the 5th year option and franchise tags to keep him here. But is all of that worth it? I don't know. I just know we're a better team with him.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-30-2019, 03:03 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 06:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: There's no doubt we're better with Ramsey than without him. We're still a pretty good defense though and 20 doesn't want to play here. We can get a talented CB in next year's draft.
I've heard this debate more times than i care to mention.  So how many db's have their been since jalen was drafted that are at his level of play?  I mean even including years before he was drafted? I ask this because 1.  you all think that this is an easy fix and 2.  You're banking on our staff or new staff, to draft this said replacement and hit.  

I just want to know whats not being passed to me, and also, what facts or assumptions am i missing?
You're making the mistake of thinking we need the same level of talent. As things stand, that isn't the case. Offense appears improved and still has tons of room for further improvement. The defense can lose Jalen and simply plug in a quality/average starter, while still maintaining a high level of play.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Maybe its time for this thread to be locked?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-30-2019, 06:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Maybe its time for this thread to be locked?

All in favor .....

(09-30-2019, 06:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Maybe its time for this thread to be locked?

I think we should make Ramsey read it!!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 07:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-30-2019, 05:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You need a lesson in humility. It's not about breaking someone's will and making them bow down to your wishes. This game is about winning and sometimes you have to do things you don't wanna do to make the team better. I'd rather trade Ramsey for some high picks/good players in return who can help the team, rather than to keep him and have him holdout like LeVeon Bell did last season. We'd eventually lose him via free agency for what would be at best, a 3rd rounder. You can't keep a guy forever who doesn't want to be here. It's not feasible to keep a player who refuses to re-sign and will holdout until he is traded. That does us no good.

If he holds out he never leaves, that's how the CBA works. You clearly love the idea of surrendering a fight you can't lose. The team winning on the field since his little pouty boy act started is just more and more advantage to the team.  If you give in to this so soon after Bell and Brown there will be no way to keep really good players in small markets and the League will be Haves and Have Nots like MLB. This isnt about Ramsey today, it's about the League in the long term.

And he never plays. What good does that do us? We're stuck using our own draft picks to try and replace him and we have other needs already. Why don't you get that? We gain nothing! All we do is prove how stubborn we are. If we trade him, at least we get some compensation to replace him and fill a few other needs. We don't have to scramble and try to use what few draft picks we already have, in order to fill multiple needs. Geez! This isn't hard to figure out!

(09-30-2019, 04:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:10 PM)Rico Wrote: Who said it was an easy fix?  Who said they had to be as good as Ramsey?  You can still draft a good DB to take his spot and not have to worry about all of the crap that is going on now.  I'm getting sick of it.  Give him his wish.  Let him go be 'disrespected' by another team.

Yeah replacing him in-season is completely different than filling his spot going into next year.

Agreed. Teams are also more willing to do deals in the off season.

With Minshew playing the way he is, Ramsey is expendable IMO.

Sounds like the only way Ramsey stays is if we fire the FO and pay him. Interesting that it is Shad that has kept us from making a trade so far and if it were only up to the FO Ramsey likely would have been dealt by now.

https://twitter.com/SpainandCompany/stat...6275918849

(09-30-2019, 07:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Sounds like the only way Ramsey stays is if we fire the FO and pay him. Interesting that it is Shad that has kept us from making a trade so far and if it were only up to the FO Ramsey likely would have been dealt by now.

It’ll be interesting to see what Shad does at the end of the year. Especially with draft picks like Minshew, Chark, Smoot and so on starting to come on.

(09-30-2019, 08:11 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Sounds like the only way Ramsey stays is if we fire the FO and pay him. Interesting that it is Shad that has kept us from making a trade so far and if it were only up to the FO Ramsey likely would have been dealt by now.

It’ll be interesting to see what Shad does at the end of the year. Especially with draft picks like Minshew, Chark, Smoot and so on starting to come on.
He'll trust the process and they'll win a SB by 2021.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."