Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 10:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-tomorrow/

I wonder how many of these teams would be interested in Ramsey.

Cowboys, Eagles and Raiders all make some sense as potential partners. 

Eagles are definitely thin at the position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Steelers got him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bouye, Hayden, and Herndon are good enough as long as the Jaguars have an elite qb. Minshew looks elite.

We need a healthy Bouye

(09-16-2019, 10:16 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That was right after the team put out reports that they were looking to trade him because this front office is stupid.

Quote: "I've said multiple times, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that I want to play for one team my whole career,"

"If that's what people want to do or if that's how people feel, then it's certain people, like y'all going to miss ... we bring some good things," Ramsey said. "And, yeah, we slipped up here recently. Not executed and played like we know we can. But, like whoever, the fake fans, if y'all [the media], whoever, if y'all want to jump ship, then, look, it is what it is.

Again, that was after the team put out reports of them shopping him. And it sounds like he was upset about it because he wanted to be here. But he knows the front office is clueless and stupid.

(09-16-2019, 10:18 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Bouye, Hayden, and Herndon are good enough as long as the Jaguars have an elite qb. Minshew looks elite.

Whoa there.

Minshew has played two games, one against a very bad defense.

Teams are just starting to get film on him.

He's looked decent.

Not elite.

Furthermore, those three are not "good enough."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-16-2019, 10:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, that was after the team put out reports of them shopping him. And it sounds like he was upset about it because he wanted to be here. But he knows the front office is clueless and stupid.

So who’s jumping ship now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-16-2019, 06:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Everyone is missing the point on why this is happening. This isn't about money. This is about the HC and DC. They have lost the team. The team does not respect Moron or Wash. Ramsey is not stupid, he knows what defense they should run and the coaches continue to run a scared defense that doesn't match the players' skills.

Ramsey feels disrespected by the coaches and has no respect for them because they don't trust him. He is tired of losing because they are too stupid to listen.

Ramsey cannot stand to lose and the fact that he just left the locker room after the game shows he is over with this team. He cannot put up with the coaches any longer.

I also said this team either wins this week and starts a run or it falls apart. It is going to turn worse than Miami is right now.

TC needs to move immediately and cut the fat, Moron needs to be gone asap.

*if you think Ramsey will stay on the Jags through the 5th year and how many ever tags they add, then think twice. He will walk away than have to play for idiots.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I am only a few pages into reading this as I work mids and just woke up to this news and was called into work early for machine issues... But this is ridiculous.... Outside of a very few select teams, every team has down years and struggles due to injuries, being outplayed, talent, etc. He is going to have a bad time anywhere else he goes outside of maybe a very select few teams. The Chiefs will not have the cap to keep Ramsey for long, if he goes to the Pats maybe he gets 1-2 more years with Brady and BB. Even the Rodgers and Brees lead Pack and Saints miss the playoffs here and there. Losing is a part of sports, and its clear Ramsey is a big, immature man child. This isn't CFB where you go 11-2 or better every season on a loaded roster. The NFL has parity built into by design, and only a team or 2 withstands that parity(BB/Brady/NE, Manning/Indy) for a sustained period of time. This is such a cop out and biased response to in favor of Ramsey. No matter where he goes, he will experience losing and likely missing the playoffs several times in his career. Dude needs to grow up.

(09-16-2019, 10:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Again, that was after the team put out reports of them shopping him. And it sounds like he was upset about it because he wanted to be here. But he knows the front office is clueless and stupid.

So who’s jumping ship now?

Can you blame him? The coaching staff is clueless and the front office is terrible. I'm sure he's not the only one in the locker room that probably wants out. They see this team going down hill over a HC who's terrible and going to get fired anyways.

(09-16-2019, 09:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine actually wanting to trade a guy who just held the best WR in the NFL to only 4 catches and 27 yards lmao..

As far as I can tell he is the only one that wants traded. Our reactions are based on what do you do now with a guy that has  publicly outright stated he wants out. Keep forcing him to play? How do you trust that player to perform at their highest capability any longer? I sure don't envy the FO guys having to deal with this.

Wasn't there reports in the summer they were trying to trade him though?
No Fun

(09-16-2019, 10:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: As far as I can tell he is the only one that wants traded. Our reactions are based on what do you do now with a guy that has  publicly outright stated he wants out. Keep forcing him to play? How do you trust that player to perform at their highest capability any longer? I sure don't envy the FO guys having to deal with this.

Should have

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-16-2019, 10:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:08 PM)knarnn Wrote: Did he not drop a guaranteed pick 6? He isn’t blame free here even going back to his play last year. 

He’s having a temper tantrum like my 1 year old when I take away the cookie he was eating.
It's not a tantrum though. This is 4 seasons with 1 terrible HC and 1 idiot who had a lucky season. If your boss never listened to you and ignored your advice, what would you do?

Would you continue to work there miserable every day you are there or would you look for another place to work? Then imagine you are one of the top 5 people in your industry. You would be stupid to stay and be miserable for another 2-3 years.

Dude it’s selfish and putting yourself above the team. Were you ok with the confrontation with Marrone? If you are upset do you get in a shouting match with your boss and physically touch him?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-16-2019, 10:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: As far as I can tell he is the only one that wants traded. Our reactions are based on what do you do now with a guy that has  publicly outright stated he wants out. Keep forcing him to play? How do you trust that player to perform at their highest capability any longer? I sure don't envy the FO guys having to deal with this.

There were reports that he wanted to be traded

Definitely a age gap on this forum...

Bad news old heads: this is a different day and age. EVERY player is a selfish diva and all about themselves. Just some are better at hiding it.

You don't allow generational talent to just walk because of a coach. GASP...coaches have no leverage unless you're Bill Bellichick. Players are realizing their worth and taking advantage.

Problem is many us older guys remember the old days.

Any and every player your team get moving forward is a self entitled, all about himself, spoiled brat. They're spoiled since high school now.

What is Ramsey really worth right now? That's been bugging me. He's a generational talent and I'd hate to see him go, but if he's not going to come back here, why not nab a Khalil Mack package for him now? But really only Miami has that kind of ammunition, and they're trying to tank, not trying to spend draft picks today.

But then, really, what is Ramsey even worth? Particularly in light of the AB mess, would a team really want to gamble multiple first-round picks on a corner with HOF ability and the mentality of a journeyman? I'm thinking we're probably better off having Marrone, Coughlin, Caldwell, maybe even Khan sit down with Ramsey and tell him to suck it up and get back to practice, because he's not going to be traded and he's not getting a new contract until the season ends, period. If someone comes through offering multiple first-rounders that project out to be high picks, then yeah, I'd begrudgingly trade a guy who has the ability to be one of the all-time greats at the corner position. If the best offer we get is Belichick's first-rounder next year, just keep him and make him play for us or for no one.

(09-16-2019, 10:29 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It's not a tantrum though. This is 4 seasons with 1 terrible HC and 1 idiot who had a lucky season. If your boss never listened to you and ignored your advice, what would you do?

Would you continue to work there miserable every day you are there or would you look for another place to work? Then imagine you are one of the top 5 people in your industry. You would be stupid to stay and be miserable for another 2-3 years.

Dude it’s selfish and putting yourself above the team. Were you ok with the confrontation with Marrone? If you are upset do you get in a shouting match with your boss and physically touch him?
If you have been miserable for years and can't leave on your own and I see it happening.

I didn't like the outburst, but I get it.

(09-16-2019, 10:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Wasn't there reports in the summer they were trying to trade him though?
There were reports that he wanted to be traded

No the reports that came out last season and during the off season were that the team was looking to trade him, not about Ramsey asking to be traded.

Just watching an uplifting video about Jaylon Smith and then back to reality with the Diva here..ugh.

I just feel numb all over... this can't happen....

How do we not know if he talks [BLEEP] to his own teammates? Maybe they well be happier.