Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

In a perfect world. Ramsey plays on TNF. Secures two or three interceptions. We go on a win streak and him and Marrone are eating bologna sandwiches together on the sideline laughing it up with a 24 point lead.

Ramsey quiets back down until we suck again against another team we should have beat. But, knowing our luck. Henry stiff arms this entire defense into the shadow realm and we lose by 24 points instead.

Classic Jaguars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jalen is guilty of being ultra competitive and NOT being OK with constantly losing.

We've had guys smiling and being "professional" and polite on the sidelines while getting our butts handed to us week after week. I hate that mentality.

I want to WIN. Jalen does too. He's a great player and needs to stay a Jaguar.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:50 AM by p_rushing.)

(09-17-2019, 10:41 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/...54112?s=21

Good news. I truly believe he will be a professional through this. If he is on the field, he will give 100%. He is a competitor.

Maybe someone at the top called him last night.

Another thing is Ramsey didn't post he wants out, his agent is doing this. Hopefully this can be repaired.

(09-17-2019, 10:46 AM)SuperJville Wrote: Jalen is guilty of being ultra competitive and NOT being OK with constantly losing.

We've had guys smiling and being "professional" and polite on the sidelines while getting our butts handed to us week after week.  I hate that mentality.

I want to WIN.  Jalen does too.  He's a great player and needs to stay a Jaguar.

Yep people don't get this. He just can't take the losing from all the failures from the idiots coaching the team. He can understand not being good enough to win, but can't take all the wasted talent.

(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:23 AM)knarnn Wrote: This is my position as well. If you “Give in” to Ramsey, what happens if the next coach decides to run zone schemes, or have a different game plan outside of man? Do you fire him too? How about the coordinator? Should we just hire Ramsey as the coach and coordinator so that he can do what he wants whenever he wants?

Multiple DBs have had issues with Wash and his scheme. This isn't just a Ramsey issue. 

How many times do players complain about the scheme of Wade Philips or Fangio as DCs?

And again, this wouldn't be as much of an issue if they were winning

The thing is they changed and catered the defense for Ramsey and he still [BLEEP] and moans. There is no pleasing King Ramsey.

We can only hope ....if everyone decides to "kiss and makeup" ....there is still a day of reckoning coming this year.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-17-2019, 10:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I agree. It's certainly a two way street. But you can clearly see the writing on the wall as to why a lot of these guys with diva tendencies and ego's are acting up even further.

It's a culture for sure. It's tough to finger point at just one individual. But to me it seems like a clean break is needed to fully heal for the long term.

With Ramsey's situation we all lose here. We either get quality draft picks which may or may not have equal or better return value. Or, we let him sit and rot like the Steelers did with LeVeon Bell and essentially get diddly squat out of this circus in town.

At this point I would rather see them get a handful of high draft picks and look to set up a fresh faced General Manager and new coaching staff in 2020 for early success during a patch-up, not a rebuild, but a decent patch-up that should have them competitive by 2021 at the minimum.

It's just time. Marrone is a headcoach somewhere in between Jack Del Rio & Gus Bradley. Meaning, with subpar talent he might get you 7 - 8 wins and with elite talent during a down year with critical pieces missing on your opponent's roster he might get you 9 - 10 wins.

Just don't like him. Never did. I was beating on my chest for Bruce Arians years ago. I was dissapointed when he ended up in Tampa Bay this off season.

I am burned out on archaic, mundane and "throwback" approaches here in Jacksonville. It doesn't work in this era anymore. We lack innovation and we lack forward thinkers here in Jacksonville. And it's shown over the last 20 years.

[BLEEP] tired of it.

Ramsey isn't a diva like AB or Bell though. He isn't being a distraction in the locker room anymore. He doesn't really talk during the season. He does the stupid crap in the offseason (the whole armored truck was purely for Adidas sponsorship).
He's a distraction. You can clearly see that from Sunday's loss with the altercation on the sideline with Marrone.

He's always been outspoken. He's taken jabs at this coaching staff before. He hasn't been a distraction in a sense where he's not showing up to meetings or practices... yet.

That could all begin to slowly change as they continue to prod along this season with him probably still aiming for a way out of here.

Brown's antics with the Raiders was just a tipping point for other out spoken players to potentially follow suit. Time will tell as it usually does.

But again, I just can't see this team holding onto Ramsey in 2020 after this being made public. Whether or not Marrone is retained or Coughlin and Caldwell are retained remains to be seen. Still 14 games left to prove that everything they're doing makes sense.

Winning cures all.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/jpshadrick/status/11...33312?s=21

Get ready for the “look at me” show.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

On 1010 Lags said the tantrum went well after the actual blow up. He said that the tape showed a whole lot. Jalen took plays off, lined up late, stared down the coach from the field. Let that damn three yard challenge turn into this. His motives are clear.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:04 AM by JackCity.)

More likely he's going to apologize for the Doug scuffle and say to concentrate on this week's game. While also acknowledging the trade request.

They aren't giving him the podium to do anything else, and they especially aren't gonna trot out other coaches after him if that was the case.

(09-17-2019, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Multiple DBs have had issues with Wash and his scheme. This isn't just a Ramsey issue. 

How many times do players complain about the scheme of Wade Philips or Fangio as DCs?

And again, this wouldn't be as much of an issue if they were winning

The thing is they changed and catered the defense for Ramsey and he still [BLEEP] and moans. There is no pleasing King Ramsey.

They made small changes in 2018 but still mostly ran the same coverage patterns for the corners. 

Washs strength isn't in secondary , and everyone knows it.

(09-17-2019, 11:01 AM)Jagwired Wrote: On 1010 Lags said the tantrum went well after the actual blow up. He said that the tape showed a whole lot. Jalen took plays off, lined up late, stared down the coach from the field. Let that damn three yard challenge turn into this. His motives are clear.

Yet he kept Hopkins to what was it 4 receptions 27 yards when he was covering him? 

His motives are clear. He's going to play when he's on the field.

(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: The amount of awful boomer takes on this board is crazy
Are you shocked?

Lot of Jalen fans on this thread. A few Jags fans as well.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:07 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(09-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: More likely he's going to apologize for the Doug scuffle and say to concentrate on this week's game. While also acknowledging the trade request.

They aren't giving him the podium to do anything else, and they especially aren't gonna trot out other coaches after him if that was the case.

(09-17-2019, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote: The thing is they changed and catered the defense for Ramsey and he still [BLEEP] and moans. There is no pleasing King Ramsey.

They made small changes in 2018 but still mostly ran the same coverage patterns for the corners. 

Washs strength isn't in secondary , and everyone knows it.

You can't get through to most of the people on here. It's sad but true.

(09-17-2019, 11:06 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Lot of Jalen fans on this thread. A few Jags fans as well.

Whine.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM by Jagwired.)

(09-17-2019, 11:07 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: JagwiredLot of Jalen fans on this thread. A few Jags fans as well.

Whine.

No whine, Just " Spiitin Facts" Buuuwwwwaaaaa!!!

(09-17-2019, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: The amount of awful boomer takes on this board is crazy
Are you shocked?

I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:07 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: JagwiredLot of Jalen fans on this thread. A few Jags fans as well.

Whine.

No whine, Just" Spiitin Facts" Buuuwwwwaaaaa!!!

They should go hand in hand since Jalen is a Jaguar.

(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you shocked?

I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

What I find remarkable is the number of “fans” who think the team is trash yet still bother to post on its fan forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-17-2019, 11:14 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: No whine, Just" Spiitin Facts" Buuuwwwwaaaaa!!!

They should go hand in hand since Jalen is a Jaguar.
You're correct, they should. Someone should tell Jalen that.

(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you shocked?

Seriously. Back in the Bradley days nobody in their right mind would be on the teams side over Jalen's and now look, it's absolute insanity. 

I can't understand nor will I ever. The best player on the team is being voted off and for what? Marrone? So we're going to cast out our best player to keep the same results which will probably have more players jumping on Jalen's side and wanting out?

(09-17-2019, 11:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

What I find remarkable is the number of “fans” who think the team is trash yet still bother to post on its fan forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well of course, they have all the answers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]