Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 06:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2019, 05:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you're saying if a team traded 2 1sts for Ramsey it would be a major blunder and a disastrous decision?

Is Ramsey spelled T-U-N-S-I-L ?

Lol, looks like there are a few people having a problem keeping up today.  You used to have good takes but you have been behind as of late.  He said "We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that."  So who was Upper talking about?  You dont think hes talking about the guy this thread is about?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is Ramsey spelled T-U-N-S-I-L ?

Lol, looks like there are a few people having a problem keeping up today.  You used to have good takes but you have been behind as of late.  He said "We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that."  So who was Upper talking about?  You dont think hes talking about the guy this thread is about?

Yawn. 
I'll let the poster say what he intended without you or me putting words in his mouth. 

I'm merely pointing out that these are two different players and you have to determine which is more impactful for their team.
Can you get your head around that?  

I don't think two firsts is a ridiculous cost for Ramsey.  Unfortunately there are almost zero teams in position to give up two firsts who the Jags would deal with or who need a CB badly enough to do it. It most likely would have to be a different combination of picks and/or players.

(09-17-2019, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, looks like there are a few people having a problem keeping up today.  You used to have good takes but you have been behind as of late.  He said "We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that."  So who was Upper talking about?  You dont think hes talking about the guy this thread is about?

Yawn. 
I'll let the poster say what he intended without you or me putting words in his mouth. 

I'm merely pointing out that these are two different players and you have to determine which is more impactful for their team.

I don't think two firsts is a ridiculous cost for Ramsey.  Unfortunately there are almost zero teams in position to give up two firsts who the Jags would deal with or who need a CB badly enough to do it. It most likely would have to be a different combination of picks and/or players.

Its why I asked him and not you.  There are plenty of teams that could do it if they wanted too, its just a lot to cough up.  Nobody thought the Bears were Macks destination as he came out of nowhere, same when the Brown traded for OBJ.  Teams will do it if they feel he is good enough and the missing piece.

Dianna Russini just said on Sportscenter that there is one team from the AFC and one team from the NFC that are both very interested. She also said there is one offer currently on the table.

No matter the outcome, the key here is making sure Caldwell isn't the one drafting with those picks or it is moot.

(09-17-2019, 06:31 PM)Brett Wrote: Dianna Russini just said on Sportscenter that there is one team from the AFC and one team from the NFC that are both very interested. She also said there is one offer currently on the table.

And if it's what she quoted earlier on Twitter, one was for a 1st and a 5th and the other was for a 1st and another player.. Hell no to both..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-17-2019, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:31 PM)Brett Wrote: Dianna Russini just said on Sportscenter that there is one team from the AFC and one team from the NFC that are both very interested. She also said there is one offer currently on the table.

And if it's what she quoted earlier on Twitter, one was for a 1st and a 5th and the other was for a 1st and another player.. Hell no to both..

Well the 1st and the other player depends on who it is.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-17-2019, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:15 PM)Upper Wrote: The Tunsil deal was ridiculed by literally everyone as a major blunder by a team without a GM and a HC that is on the hot seat. We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that.

So you're saying if a team traded 2 1sts for Ramsey it would be a major blunder and a disastrous decision?

It wouldn't be disastrous because Ramsey is better than Tunsil and the extra 2nd rounder is quite valuable, but I think if someone spends 2 1sts and also has to shell out a record breaking contract they will ultimately be disappointed. I don't think any non QB is worth 2 1sts.

(09-17-2019, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yawn. 

Its why I asked him and not you.  There are plenty of teams that could do it if they wanted too, its just a lot to cough up.  Nobody thought the Bears were Macks destination as he came out of nowhere, same when the Brown traded for OBJ.  Teams will do it if they feel he is good enough and the missing piece.

Those are not the only factors a team must consider to spend their firsts, and no, there are not "plenty" of teams that could do it. If there are, then name them.  Most of them have already been discussed and "disqualified" in this thread. 
i.e. Miami who is in rebuild mode and wants their picks, plus Ramsey would likely not report and fight the trade.

(09-17-2019, 06:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: And if it's what she quoted earlier on Twitter, one was for a 1st and a 5th and the other was for a 1st and another player.. Hell no to both..

Well the 1st and the other player depends on who it is.

My guess is it’s the Raiders 1st and Darren Waller.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 06:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2019, 06:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you're saying if a team traded 2 1sts for Ramsey it would be a major blunder and a disastrous decision?

It wouldn't be disastrous because Ramsey is better than Tunsil and the extra 2nd rounder is quite valuable, but I think if someone spends 2 1sts and also has to shell out a record breaking contract they will ultimately be disappointed. I don't think any non QB is worth 2 1sts.

I agree but it looks like it worked out for the Bears and Mack.  If I was the Chiefs I would do it.  That would be the only chance they have at beating the Pats is with the addition of Ramsey because we have seen him play Brown good.

(09-17-2019, 06:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its why I asked him and not you.  There are plenty of teams that could do it if they wanted too, its just a lot to cough up.  Nobody thought the Bears were Macks destination as he came out of nowhere, same when the Brown traded for OBJ.  Teams will do it if they feel he is good enough and the missing piece.

Those are not the only factors a team must consider to spend their firsts, and no, there are not "plenty" of teams that could do it. If there are, then name them.  Most of them have already been discussed and "disqualified" in this thread. 
i.e. Miami who is in rebuild mode and wants their picks, plus Ramsey would likely not report and fight the trade.

Pretty much any team that has the cap.  It dont have to be 2 1sts next year.  It could be a 1sts in 2020 and a 1st in 2021

(09-17-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Bears and Texans both gave more than that for Tunsil and Mack.  Both had to get the big contract as well and neither went to a contender.  Cmon man keep up

Generally speaking, players demanding a trade bring less compensation. Case in point AB & OBJ. I can easily understand the reason that seems to be the norm.

(09-17-2019, 06:55 PM)Olive Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Bears and Texans both gave more than that for Tunsil and Mack.  Both had to get the big contract as well and neither went to a contender.  Cmon man keep up

Generally speaking, players demanding a trade bring less compensation. Case in point AB & OBJ. I can easily understand the reason that seems to be the norm.

Giants got a 1st and a 3rd from the Browns, which wouldnt be bad if we get a first from a team that will pick early or in the middle of the draft next year.  I would rather get a 1st and a 3rd from the Redskins and say 2 1sts from the Chiefs

(09-17-2019, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:55 PM)Olive Wrote: Generally speaking, players demanding a trade bring less compensation. Case in point AB & OBJ. I can easily understand the reason that seems to be the norm.

Giants got a 1st and a 3rd from the Browns, which wouldnt be bad if we get a first from a team that will pick early or in the middle of the draft next year.  I would rather get a 1st and a 3rd from the Redskins and say 2 1sts from the Chiefs

OBJ wasn't the one demanding to be traded.

Not that I would from a business standpoint. But I think it would be really funny if we traded him for, like.. a 2nd round pick to Miami and we kicked [BLEEP] on Thursday. Just to dig at his ego.

[Image: 70918590_2601573079901012_36365771176526...e=5E02BB05]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 07:29 PM by Jags.)

(09-17-2019, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: 70918590_2601573079901012_36365771176526...e=5E02BB05]
And you know there are other players feeling that way.

Jalen has hurt his chances of a trade with his mouth ever since he got here. In theory, we should get a poop ton of compensation for him. But, other teams will be wary of giving his true worth. If I were the FO I’d want a fortune and rightfully so. He’s been a damn good player for us. But as a buyer, I’d also be aware of the potential problems.

I was wondering about Deion Sanders take on this. Only because same school and I’ve heard Deion many times say “I’ve talked to Jalen...”

I caught the last few seconds of him on NFLNETWORK. He was talking about it and said to let him go. But I don’t know if it was a fellow diva CB wishing him to leave a ‘crappy’ team or what. Anyone catch it?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:01 PM by jagshype.)

(09-17-2019, 06:40 PM)Upper Wrote:

I think if a team is willing to part with a package of picks or 1st rounder, then they are committed to paying the player big to keep them around. Teams usually dont trade players with 3+ years of contract left unless something drastic has happened within that 1 or 2 year period of signing the contract.
With Tunsil, he has massive leverage because letting him walk would be disastrous for the texans. They wouldn't have pulled the trigger unless they are willing to shell out a top tier LT contract. Tunsil could easily demand to be the highest paid LT while playing at a top 10 level.
Same with the Cowboys and Cooper. A two year rental for Cooper without getting a deal done for a first round pick would be awful.
The Bears and Mack. The Bears knew they had to pay up.
The only wiggle room these teams have is if they win the Super Bowl. Then it kinda gets into forgivable area.

This is the norm. Top tier players require heavy draft capital and a top tier contract. If youre willing to give up the draft capital, you are willing to pay up. Teams have shown this consistently.
In regards to Ramsey, I dont think the two first round picks are the issue. Ramsey is a young top tier player but no one is willing to give up the draft capital and top tier contract, is it possible Ramsey's contract demand is beyond what a team believes to be a top tier contract?
I think its still too early make the determination. A team could still pull the trigger

The market is set as far as the Jags are concerned. 2 1st rounders or nothing.
Until he becomes a cancer.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 07:58 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-17-2019, 04:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be a terrible deal! We'd just use that pick to try and find Ramsey's replacement. It's like getting rid of a really good player, to gamble and maybe find his replacement of an equal value. That's the kind of moves that get people fired. If this is all we got, I'd riot!

Or the gamble which the draft is,  the pick could turn into a elite franchise QB which supersedes an elite cb.   Trevor Lawrence.  Chaaammmmppiiiooonnsshhiipppp

With this team making the pick? Are you kidding? We'd get another Taven Bryan instead.

(09-17-2019, 04:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be a terrible deal! We'd just use that pick to try and find Ramsey's replacement. It's like getting rid of a really good player, to gamble and maybe find his replacement of an equal value. That's the kind of moves that get people fired. If this is all we got, I'd riot!

Or the gamble which the draft is,  the pick could turn into a elite franchise QB which supersedes an elite cb.   Trevor Lawrence.  Chaaammmmppiiiooonnsshhiipppp

With this team making the pick? Are you kidding? We'd get another Taven Bryan instead. Even if we did get a QB, we'd still need to get a CB to take the place of Ramsey.