Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-17-2019, 10:39 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I just read KC is the most likely destination. They are thinking about a possible AFC Championship Game vs the Pats and AB. Their secondary is the only real weak point, though they played well against the Raiders.

With KC expected to be a top team for as many years as they have Mahomes at QB, any KC draft pick would likely be in the high 20's. They will need to pony up the full price of 2 #1s or start putting together a package of players and picks.
(09-17-2019, 10:44 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I would trade Jalen for Kelce And two First round Picks
(09-17-2019, 10:56 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It would probably be more like a #1, a #3 and one of their CBs
KC 1s are high 2s, that gets us a Tavin pick with the current GM, so pass

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2 firsts and Chris Jones, no way it's only 2 firsts from KC.

(09-17-2019, 10:44 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I would trade Jalen for Kelce And two First round Picks

You and pretty much half the league.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

So Ramsey dropped a pick six that would've been the game winner - then he demands a trade because he's not happy with how he's being used.

Riiight.

(09-17-2019, 06:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No matter the outcome, the key here is making sure Caldwell isn't the one drafting with those picks or it is moot.

I'd like to see Caldwell and Marrone both gone. Ditch the fancy three-tiered heirarchy and make it abundantly clear that Coughlin is running the show. He hires the new HC, the HC reports to him. Coughlin is responsible for the draft and FA. He is the GM, even if his title remains EVP. He came in stuck with Bortles, Caldwell and Marrone. Give him a shot to find a coach that can build an offense around what is still a very talented defense. Maybe Flip is that guy, maybe it's time to just wipe the floor clean and go after someone outside the organization.

Or maybe the rest of this season makes it apparent that Coughlin is standing there pouring gas on the dumpster fire while going off on Caldwell and whoever the interim HC is for not putting it out. In that case, clean house. I wish the Jags would've cleaned house after firing Bradley instead of doing another soft reboot.

(09-17-2019, 08:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: No way he gets traded. No one is going to part with 2 1sts for a corner.

Belichick doing so wouldn't shock me, given that (1.) his will be 32 and 32 and (2.) if you put Jalen Ramsey in that secondary, nothing's keeping them from winning it all this year, and that might be enough for him to not even be around for the two missing firsts.

(09-17-2019, 10:39 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I just read KC is the most likely destination. They are thinking about a possible AFC Championship Game vs the Pats and AB. Their secondary is the only real weak point, though they played well against the Raiders.

With KC expected to be a top team for as many years as they have Mahomes at QB, any KC draft pick would likely be in the high 20's. They will need to pony up the full price of 2 #1s or start putting together a package of players and picks.

I hate the idea of sending Ramsey to an AFC team that's going to be a playoff fixture for at least a few years. I'd rather see him go to an NFC team or an AFC bottom-dweller that thinks he's the missing piece.

If the Jags do trade him it probably won't be until after Thursday. If we lose Thursday I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Jalen traded AND Doug fired knowing that we are probably going to be in a rebuild next year. That's my guess.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(09-17-2019, 08:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:04 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Should we play Ramsey when we are trying to trade him, and risk him getting injured?  

Should we just put him on ice until we get him traded?

It depends. If we are getting offers very close to what we want, I hold him out and continue negotiating, but only if a deal is just on the horizon. If not, I play him and show teams we are serious about keeping him until we get what we want.

I agree with this. I just can't see anyone offering the Jaguars 2 first rounders now except the Chiefs and there's no way they should take this due to draft position. If the Jags show some patience, some contending team with a need at cornerback will eventually agree. The possibility of winning a Super Bowl will be too enticing and some team will eventually give the Jags what they want. If nobody does agree, I'd try to work a deal with the Eagles for a 1st rounder, a 3rd and Dallas Goedert. If Darby keeps getting torched, the Eagles may have no choice but to part with their very talented tight end.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 01:16 AM by JackCity.)

(09-17-2019, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: The Texans consider themselves contenders and so did the Bears front office when they traded for Mack. BOB is getting fired after this year unless they put it together and he's the GM. Both teams had plenty of cap space too.

Also, Macks deal took a lot longer than a week to do. 

You continually don't know what you're talking about

lol, i just debunked your post.  If the Bears and Texans see themselfs as contenders at least half the teams in the league do.  And where did i say how long Macks deal took?  Tunsil hasnt even gotten a deal yet but they still traded for him  Once again you dont know what you're talking about.   But of course you didnt even get the point of my post.  If teams feel Ramsey is as good as he thinks he is teams will give the 2 1sts for a guy like that at a premium position

I'll try walk you through this because I know you don't pick things up as fast as the rest of the board. 

The Bears viewed Mack as their missing piece to contend, they viewed themselves as contenders, which is why they moved so much to get him. + They had cap

The Texans are in desperation mode under BOB, they HAVE to contend this year or he's gone, and he's GM so they make the move + they had cap. If they didn't have enough cap to eventually extend Tunsil without losing key players they wouldn't have done the deal. Same with the Bears.

The number of teams in the NFL who fill the criteria of A) Being in a position to contend and B) Have tons of cap and C) Jalen will want to resign there long term is very small. 

So even if Jalens value is 2 1sts, the number of teams who can actually do a deal is nearly none.

(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol, i just debunked your post.  If the Bears and Texans see themselfs as contenders at least half the teams in the league do.  And where did i say how long Macks deal took?  Tunsil hasnt even gotten a deal yet but they still traded for him  Once again you dont know what you're talking about.   But of course you didnt even get the point of my post.  If teams feel Ramsey is as good as he thinks he is teams will give the 2 1sts for a guy like that at a premium position

I'll try walk you through this because I know you don't pick things up as fast as the rest of the board. 

The Bears viewed Mack as their missing piece to contend, they viewed themselves as contenders, which is why they moved so much to get him. + They had cap

The Texans are in desperation mode under BOB, they HAVE to contend this year or he's gone, and he's GM so they make the move + they had cap. If they didn't have enough cap to eventually extend Tunsil without losing key players they wouldn't have done the deal. Same with the Bears.

The number of teams in the NFL who fill the criteria of A) Being in a position to contend and B) Have tons of cap and C) Jalen will want to resign there long term is very small. 

So even if Jalens value is 2 1sts, the number of teams who can actually do a deal is nearly none.

He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

(But we know he's just grasping at straws to further his "Ramsey isn't really any good" agenda)

Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feel like they have something valid to say.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-18-2019, 01:32 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feel like they have something valid to say.

They've all migrated up here from the political forum.

Maybe we can entice Jalen into staying with if we play him at WR a bit.

(Sorry, I just had to).

(09-18-2019, 01:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'll try walk you through this because I know you don't pick things up as fast as the rest of the board. 

He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

(But we know he's just grasping at straws to further his "Ramsey isn't really any good" agenda)

For instance the Chiefs likely are a team Jalen wants to play for + they are contending....but they are also about to make the biggest QB contract of all time in a year or so + Chris Jones will get a top 5 defensive tackle salary. So fitting the biggest corner back contract of all time into that is hard. 

So if they think Ramsey will simply be a one year or two year rental for them....well that reduces the amount of capital they will move for him and conversely, The Jags will be more hesitant to move him there if the deal isn't up to par. 

Maybe we should have traded Ramsey for Will Grier after all..

(09-18-2019, 01:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:32 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feel like they have something valid to say.

Lol, "they"...

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol, i just debunked your post.  If the Bears and Texans see themselfs as contenders at least half the teams in the league do.  And where did i say how long Macks deal took?  Tunsil hasnt even gotten a deal yet but they still traded for him  Once again you dont know what you're talking about.   But of course you didnt even get the point of my post.  If teams feel Ramsey is as good as he thinks he is teams will give the 2 1sts for a guy like that at a premium position

There are a number of teams that could do it, but probably not a number of teams feel hes worth it.  But the reality is it only takes 1

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 06:01 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-18-2019, 01:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall…”

(09-18-2019, 12:19 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: So Ramsey dropped a pick six that would've been the game winner - then he demands a trade because he's not happy with how he's being used.

Riiight.

And it wasn’t a diving stretch fingertips kind of throw, but a gift wrapped hand delivered package in the bread basket.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 06:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-18-2019, 03:30 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

For instance the Chiefs likely are a team Jalen wants to play for + they are contending....but they are also about to make the biggest QB contract of all time in a year or so + Chris Jones will get a top 5 defensive tackle salary. So fitting the biggest corner back contract of all time into that is hard. 

So if they think Ramsey will simply be a one year or two year rental for them....well that reduces the amount of capital they will move for him and conversely, The Jags will be more hesitant to move him there if the deal isn't up to par. 

There are a number of teams that could do it, its just does any tram feel hes worth it. The reality is though, it only takes 1 team

(09-18-2019, 03:30 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

Naw, we have 2 good QBs now.

Ramsey isn’t going anywhere. He just wants some diva time. From now on the team should allow him a presser every couple of weeks, or so. Throw in a brightly colored boa and some soulful backup singers so he can cry and preen and crow and strut for the cameras.
This will make him happy.

(09-18-2019, 06:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ramsey isn’t going anywhere. He just wants some diva time. From now on the team should allow him a presser every couple of weeks, or so. Throw in a brightly colored boa and some soulful backup singers so he can cry and preen and crow and strut for the cameras.
Could be entertaining like Clinton Portis...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-18-2019, 06:17 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 06:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ramsey isn’t going anywhere. He just wants some diva time. From now on the team should allow him a presser every couple of weeks, or so. Throw in a brightly colored boa and some soulful backup singers so he can cry and preen and crow and strut for the cameras.
Could be entertaining like Clinton Portis...

With some Rick James thrown in.