Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

Ian Rapoport is saying the trade is likely to happen Friday.

If the deal involves two number 1 draft picks, or anything close to that, I don't think the Jags should play him Friday, because if he gets injured, it could screw the deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I doubt we get 2 firsts, this FO sucks.

We need video of Shad Khan stating: ”Tough, he’s staying.”

I fear a landslide of this garbage if Ramsey gets his way.

(09-18-2019, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: When did Jalen Ramsey have a say in the matter?
When he says he won't resign a long term deal with the team that wants to trade for him.

No team will give up the farm for Ramsey only to lose him shortly after. Keep up.

But what does sit matter if he signs a long-term deal anyway?  All he has to do is throw another hissy and demand to be traded.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-18-2019, 11:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We need video of Shad Khan stating: ”Tough, he’s staying.”

I fear a landslide of this garbage if Ramsey gets his way.

Exactly.  We have 2 more years on the contract plus 1 year franchise tag.   We should hold him hostage for the next 3 years.

We should try to trade the Bengals. Give them Jalen for AJ Green and a 1 next year. The 1 will likely be top 5, AJ Green we could desperately use not just for his skill on the field, but his leadership, and it keeps us in the Win now mode, looking forward to next season with healthy AJ Green, Foles, Fournette, Westbrook, Lee.

Most likely will have two top 10 picks for the draft next year which we can use to trade up or trade back and improve our offensive line.

(09-18-2019, 11:11 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: When he says he won't resign a long term deal with the team that wants to trade for him.

No team will give up the farm for Ramsey only to lose him shortly after. Keep up.

But what does sit matter if he signs a long-term deal anyway?  All he has to do is throw another hissy and demand to be traded.

Because right now he'd be gambling a few million in exchange for a shot at tens of millions. If he signs a new contract, he's throwing away tens of millions by walking out.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 11:20 AM by rfc17.)

(09-18-2019, 11:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I doubt we get 2 firsts, this FO sucks.

Not saying it isn't possible, but I'd be a little surprised if we got two firsts right now. Especially after Jalen's press conference yesterday.  The guy is a selfish prima donna and I'm not sure any team would want to give up two first rounders and an enormous contract for someone like that.  He'll play as much zone coverage wherever he goes as he does here.  How long until he decides he doesnt like his new team's defensive coordinator?  Or head coach?  There is a reason why a trade hasnt been done yet because no team wants to pay all that for a player like that.  If he is supposed to be the best corner in the league, two first rounders should be a bargain.  Would be a no brainer.  Especially for a team like the Chiefs who will be drafting at the bottom of the first this year and most likely next.  Why arent the Chiefs begging to give away two late 1st rounders for Ramsey?  Because he is a headcase and who wants to pay all that money for a selfish player like that.

Now if we waited a little bit, I do think we'd have a better chance to get two first rounders.  Some team in contention will have a corner blow a knee and be desperate for help.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 11:22 AM by TJBender.)

(09-18-2019, 11:18 AM)jalenramseysays Wrote: We should try to trade the Bengals. Give them Jalen for AJ Green and a 1 next year. The 1 will likely be top 5, AJ Green we could desperately use not just for his skill on the field, but his leadership, and it keeps us in the Win now mode, looking forward to next season with healthy AJ Green, Foles, Fournette, Westbrook, Lee.

Most likely will have two top 10 picks for the draft next year which we can use to trade up or trade back and improve our offensive line.

A.J. Green is 31 years old, in the final year of his deal, was never a speed demon in the first place and is currently dealing with a significant ankle injury. That trade would be beyond idiotic.

(09-18-2019, 11:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Ian Rapoport is saying the trade is likely to happen Friday.  

If the deal involves two number 1 draft picks, or anything close to that, I don't think the Jags should play him Friday, because if he gets injured, it could screw the deal.

Gotta be the Chiefs.  Gonna be fun watching Ramsey with a winner.  AFC Championship game, Patriots vs Chiefs.   Wow.

(09-18-2019, 11:18 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:11 AM)Rico Wrote: But what does sit matter if he signs a long-term deal anyway?  All he has to do is throw another hissy and demand to be traded.

Because right now he'd be gambling a few million in exchange for a shot at tens of millions. If he signs a new contract, he's throwing away tens of millions by walking out.

Didn't stop another player.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Ramsey is not the end all be all of this organization. Stay or go, I don't care.. I just want this all to be over so we can move on.. Still excited for this team with all the fresh, young talent. And once we do get a new HC and possibly FO, it'll be the cherry on top.. Out with the inept.. So yeah, these are exciting times and the world is not ending either way..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I’m growing more resentment towards the guy each day. Ready to see him gone

(09-18-2019, 11:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ramsey is not the end all be all of this organization. Stay or go, I don't care.. I just want this all to be over so we can move on.. Still excited for this team with all the fresh, young talent. And once we do get a new HC and possibly FO, it'll be the cherry on top.. Out with the inept.. So yeah, these are exciting times and the world is not ending either way..

Our defense will suffer tremendously with his loss. Any chances of salvaging this season go down the drain

(09-18-2019, 11:41 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ramsey is not the end all be all of this organization. Stay or go, I don't care.. I just want this all to be over so we can move on.. Still excited for this team with all the fresh, young talent. And once we do get a new HC and possibly FO, it'll be the cherry on top.. Out with the inept.. So yeah, these are exciting times and the world is not ending either way..

Our defense will suffer tremendously with his loss. Any chances of salvaging this season go down the drain

Then I guess you better tuck into your shell and wear a helmet..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I kind of agree with you.  He's tremendously talented, and the cornerstone of our defense, but I don't remember any team winning a Super Bowl because they had a great CB, and his contract is going to really squeeze our salary cap.

(09-18-2019, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:41 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Our defense will suffer tremendously with his loss. Any chances of salvaging this season go down the drain

Then I guess you better tuck into your shell and wear a helmet..

In the end, yeah it’s football. 

I’m just tired of ineptitude, idiocy, no competitiveness, rebuilding every 4 years, etc 

Football just isn’t that fun anymore. I’ll always root for them but damn it’s getting harder and harder to care

This team is screwing it all up and I feel like TC is heading the screw up. We are going to regret trading him, while sticking with this dumb/idiotic coaching staff. We decided to overpay and extend Scrub McBortles and didn't decide to prioritize our best players in the off-season. Foles could be great, but we already know that Ramsey is and will be. Yan as well, but we decide to extend Myles instead. And now we're going to lose the other players in the locker-room even more once he is traded.

The reason he doesn't want to be here is because our team continually beats ourselves. And as much as our front office has brought in good talent, their decision making is negating some of or a lot of that. I don't blame Ramsey for the way he may feel right now. This team caused most of it. And if Marrone, Mr. Bologna sandwich and this staff survives, while Ramsey, a once in a generation talent is traded instead, we are in for another decade of below .300 winning again.

There's a reason why we can't have a good season but once every decade.... front office. We are going to regret letting this guy go. Regardless of his attitude and who the hell cares about him cussing in the press interview... his talents are unmatched and we are not going to get another player for his position to replace him...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-18-2019, 11:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I kind of agree with you.  He's tremendously talented, and the cornerstone of our defense, but I don't remember any team winning a Super Bowl because they had a great CB, and his contract is going to really squeeze our salary cap.

While agree with this in spirit, Gilmore absolutely got the pats into the SB in 2017 by making one hell of a play to keep Westbrook out of the endzone and eliminating the pats in the AFCCG. 
They are a factor. Not the largest factor, but an important one.

(09-18-2019, 11:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Yup. elite CBs are good rental pieces to playoff teams looking for that edge.