Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM by I am Yoda.)

I don't care who Ramsey has a problem with. His sorry butt needs to grow up. We can win as many Super Bowls without him as we have with him. AND resign the rest of our defensive stars. A 24 yo CB doesn't get to run the team. It's irrelevant what he likes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2019, 10:50 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...5161793536

The Jags have all the leverage.

Play him til he breaks or until you get an offer you want.

We own his rights for 2 more years.

(09-19-2019, 11:40 AM)TJBender Wrote: I gave this one some thought: if they don't trade Ramsey tomorrow, don't fire Marrone. If they do trade Ramsey tomorrow, which would be stupid, fire Marrone at the same time. If you keep Ramsey and fire Marrone, it's sending a clear message that the players are running this team. If you trade Ramsey and keep Marrone, you're an idiot.

(09-19-2019, 12:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol Coughlin bout to set this franchise back for a second time.

He certainly has never shied away from having personal beefs with players. 
I still hate that he cut one of the best return men around over a personal beef in '96. 
(Desmond Howard went on to have over 1300 return yards and 3 return TDs the next season in Green Bay)

Letting Howard go broke my heart.. Dude was electric..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-19-2019, 12:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably mad at TC because he knows hes not going to be able to push the front office around with him in there
Or because Ramsey sees the writing on the wall. Numerous mistakes have been made by Coughlin and company and he doesn’t want to be around for another rebuild. Ramsey only has so many playing days left.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 01:33 PM by D-Money.)

(09-19-2019, 09:07 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 08:50 AM)D-Money Wrote: I'm curious to understand how him saying he wants to and dropping a pick 6 does not show that he wants to win? He made the effort to catch the ball and dropped it. 

It is not his job to score points, it is the offenses job to do that. If the defense scores that is a plus. As long as he plays the cornerback position well and locks up or contains every WR that he plays against  he has done his job, which he has always done.

I'm starting to think some of the people on here work for the organization and are trying to change the narrative. We are losing point blank period and it is not because of the talent. We are losing because of bad coaching decisions and dumb signings and personnel decisions by the front office.

We all see whats going on and there is no surprise. Jalen is just one of the ones that is speaking on the same thing all of the fans see, we should be happy that he is speaking up. If you pay attention to his issue you would see as well. The front office keeps making everyone a priority by giving out deals to everyone but the best player on the team. What sense does that make? 

Damn near the only person that has proven his worth sense he has been here has not gotten a deal. Even if he is on his rookie deal, lock him down and get it out the way! What else does he have to prove, him and even Yann.

Jalen has said numerous times that he wants to be here but if you never offer him a deal and try to wait him out and the team is getting worse and worse because of the coaching/front office decisions, what option does he have? Especially when he makes suggestions and he keeps getting ignored and those decisions determine the outcome of games and our losing record? 

Yall really have to look at the bigger picture and stop being mad a Jalen because he voices valid opinions. He has never been a cancer in the locker room either, if so why was it never reported or why have we've never seen anyone of his teammates complain or show any type of annoyance with Jalen. 

You really feel like there is an issue with Jalen given that fact that he plays hard and shows up every game. He sells jerseys which equals to income for the team , he gets us media attention because of his play and opinions?

He is the best player on the team and hasn't got paid, we keep losing because of the coaches and the coaches dont listen to people who are on the field that are actually in the game and see the errors. Sometimes you don't have that in a player but when you do, you should make sure you keep him.

Just a Ramsey sycophant.

Failing to challenge a 3 yard first down play that had little chance of being overturned did not lose the game. Even though he played generally well, Ramsey’s dropped interception arguably did.

There is plenty of blame to go around, including for the selfish, free lancing, prima donna crybaby star cornerback.

It’s both/and, not either/ or.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No what loss us the game really was the decision to go for 2 instead allowing us to tie and put the game in the hands of the strength of the team which is the defense. Then Jalen would have the opportunity to prove again how valuable he is to the team. Which again falls on the coaching for making a bad decision.

You skipped all of my points and what makes him a selfish prima donna? Him voicing his opinion and wanting to win?

I understand you may not like Jalen but this whole situation we are in is not cause of Jalen, it is the coaching/front office. How Yan held out, Jalen worked and realized he doesnt have a contract that he is backed by what he has show he is worth and what he has proven year after year. Also the possiblity of getting injured,  his only option is to speak up or move on because the front office is not changing their mind.

How do we lock down Blake Bortles before Jalen and even give Foles extra money to make him feel like we didn't lowball him and neither are playing now but we can't give Yan and Jalen who are a big part of  the reason people even respect the team (Defense) and proven a long term contract? Makes no sense.

Do you dislike Yan for holding out or is there only sn issue with Jalen?

(09-19-2019, 12:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I don't care who Ramsey has a problem with.  His sorry butt needs to grow up.  We can win as many Super Bowls without him as we have with him. AND resign the rest of our defensive stars.  A 24 yo CB doesn't get to run the team.  It's irrelevant what he likes.

My question to this is, what do you think the rest of the players are going to do? Would you rather lose the front office or lose the entire team?

I disagree with your Super Bowl point. This move is going to set us back another 4-6 years. We can't replace him at his position with future draft picks. Also, he's not trying to run the team. He sees the problem with our team right now and why we went from being on the doorstep to the Super Bowl, to now being a contender for a top 5 draft pick again. Hint, it's the same problem we've always had.... front office personnel and decisions.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Ramsey already knows it's coming one way or another. He's clearly outspoken about it. Thinks he's out by week four.

This is what he wanted. So they'll give it to him. That's how ticks handle leeches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2019, 03:42 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He's not going anywhere. I think teams are afraid that he might be lockerroom poison. The season will play out - either Jags do well, in which case everyone's happy, or the team will fall flat and Doug will be fired--making Jalen happy.

The problem will work itself out
Well this has been proven wrong.

Every team has called the Jags regarding Ramsey and about 7-8 teams have made serious inquiries.

Locker room poison? Not even close.

(09-19-2019, 01:09 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 09:07 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Just a Ramsey sycophant.

Failing to challenge a 3 yard first down play that had little chance of being overturned did not lose the game. Even though he played generally well, Ramsey’s dropped interception arguably did.

There is plenty of blame to go around, including for the selfish, free lancing, prima donna crybaby star cornerback.

It’s both/and, not either/ or.

No what loss us the game really was the decision to go for 2 instead allowing us to tie and put the game in the hands of the strength of the team which is the defense. Then Jalen would have the opportunity to prove again how valuable he is to the team. Which again falls on the coaching for making a bad decision.

You skipped all of my points and what makes him a selfish prima donna? Him voicing his opinion and wanting to win?

I understand you may not like Jalen but this whole situation we are in is not cause of Jalen, it is the coaching/front office. How Yan held out, Jalen worked and realized he doesnt have a contract that he is backed by what he has show he is worth and what he has proven year after year. Also the possiblity of getting injured,  his only option is to speak up or move on because the front office is not changing their mind.

How do we lock down Blake Bortles before Jalen and even give Foles extra money to make him feel like we didn't lowball him and neither are playing now but we can't give Yan and Jalen who are a big part of  the reason people even respect the team (Defense) and proven a long term contract? Makes no sense.

Do you dislike Yan for holding out or is there only sn issue with Jalen?

I disagree. The call to go for two was a good call. The refs made a judgment on the conversion that didn’t go our way. The players also liked the aggressive call.

Yes , I didn’t do a point by point response because I thought they were biased in the extreme towards the player.

I think Yan deserves a generous contract. I hope it gets done sooner than later. I think Jalen deserves a new contract. I hope it gets done last because he has behaved like a total [BLEEP].

Fix the O-Line!

(09-19-2019, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably mad at TC because he knows hes not going to be able to push the front office around with him in there
Or because Ramsey sees the writing on the wall. Numerous mistakes have been made by Coughlin and company and he doesn’t want to be around for another rebuild. Ramsey only has so many playing days left.

I think its all about Tom not giving him an extension yet.  If TC gave him an extension he wouldnt want to be traded

The game has passed TC by. He is going to kill this franchise

(09-19-2019, 01:13 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I don't care who Ramsey has a problem with.  His sorry butt needs to grow up.  We can win as many Super Bowls without him as we have with him. AND resign the rest of our defensive stars.  A 24 yo CB doesn't get to run the team.  It's irrelevant what he likes.

My question to this is, what do you think the rest of the players are going to do? Would you rather lose the front office or lose the entire team?

I disagree with your Super Bowl point. This move is going to set us back another 4-6 years. We can't replace him at his position with future draft picks. Also, he's not trying to run the team. He sees the problem with our team right now and why we went from being on the doorstep to the Super Bowl, to now being a contender for a top 5 draft pick again. Hint, it's the same problem we've always had.... front office personnel and decisions.

I think the majority of the players will be fine. They know they’re good enough to win if Jalen isn’t on the field. I don’t think we have to choose between the team and the coaches and management. The Ramsey squad can go to the waiver wire.

We don’t need an All Pro cornerback to win a Super Bowl. We just need competent players at each DB position. Since we don’t have that right now, Jalen’s importance is magnified.

He is trying to get his way on how the team is run. And it didn’t just start. If we get a good starter and a couple of high picks, the team could actually be better positioned to win going forward.

The reasons we are a contender for a top 5 pick is injuries and divisiveness, not bad coaching or mismanagement. And mainly key injuries.

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 02:21 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

10 more days of Jalen. I'm sad. Like a old timer good co worker leaving soon.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2764...xt-10-days

Going to be funny if they trade Ramsey I could see players on the D asking for trades/release.
Honestly if they trade him the defense should just stand there and lets offenses score on them.
No Fun

It's painfully obvious that he's gone at this point. I'm just praying he doesn't go to KC or any power house team. Why would Yan want to resign with Jax after seeing Jalen get his way and actually land with a contender. I just feel it well set things up for this to be the new norm and the rich will just get richer. Popular and successful teams will have all of the elite talent flocking to them. Teams like ours will struggle to keep anyone thru their 1st contract.

(09-19-2019, 02:07 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Going to be funny if they trade Ramsey I could see players on the D asking for trades/release.
Honestly if they trade him the defense should just stand there and lets offenses score on them.

I hope you are kidding.

This is nuts, we’re actually going to lose our best player by week 4

Another 4-5 plus years of losing, here we come

Frustrating that the only potential HOF player on this team (Besides maybe Boselli eventually) is likely to get shipped out by a regime that likely won't be here next year. Leon Searcy said on 1010xl how TC can be tough sometimes, mentioned a story when he was in TC's office when he was a top paid guard. TC asked Leon how he thought he was playing and Leon said average, TC said we didn't pay you top money to be average. Imagine the same conversation with Jalen, a top CB that's getting paid average at best.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 02:36 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(09-19-2019, 02:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: This is nuts, we’re actually going to lose our best player by week 4

Another 4-5 plus years of losing, here we come

Then Ngakou and Myles Jack is gonna start acting like a fool so he can get released to join is bro up in KC.    NFL is becoming the NBA.  Superteams.   Jaguars are like the Orlando Magic.

(09-19-2019, 11:29 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just looking at the Limited jerseys on the Jags store. Players available are

Bortles
Robinson
Ramsey
Fournette 
And they have just added Foles.

Quite a choice! Smile

I bought a Ramsey jersey for this season. Going to wear the MJD 32 jersey for tonight's game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.