Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-20-2019, 07:31 AM)d4rkman Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 06:36 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: If the Jags trade Ramsey, it basically means they've given up on this season.  Is that the message you want to send to fans? 

Next year, a number of high-priced vets will have to be cut to create salary cap space.  The team will not be better next year.  The best thing the Jags can do is re-sign their own draft picks.  Keep Yannick, Jack, and Jalen together on the defense.  Best Jags draft class of all time. 

The Jags need to put someone in Canton.  Boselli may or may not get in, but Jalen is almost certainly going to make it.  Why let that level of talent walk?

Because he's being a diva and doesn't want to be a Jaguar. It's like you are begging the girl that you know isn't that into you to stay with you.
What makes it so bad is that she's told everyone that she no longer wants you several times. Some are exhibiting battered spouse syndrome. If the team finds a way to work it out then I will be ecstatic but it's all up to Jalen now. He's the one that asked for the divorce.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 02:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: None of that makes you a bad teammate lol

You're just shooting in the dark here. All players play for themselves and their bank account. It's why they play. They don't play for free.

Then be honest about it, like Leon said.

Don't talk about all you care about is winning. If that's all you cared about and you were a good teammate you'd be a WINNER and HELP your TEAMMATES WIN.
Like last night? Or when he held Hopkins to under 30 yards?

Well a great teammate wouldn't be running his own coverage...

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 08:57 AM by TheeKB.)

https://twitter.com/BenBeckerANjax/statu...08545?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://twitter.com/PhilAmatoANjax/statu...92385?s=20

https://twitter.com/cedfunches/status/11...92736?s=20

(09-20-2019, 02:32 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 07:31 AM)d4rkman Wrote: Because he's being a diva and doesn't want to be a Jaguar. It's like you are begging the girl that you know isn't that into you to stay with you.
What makes it so bad is that she's told everyone that she no longer wants you several times. Some are exhibiting battered spouse syndrome. If the team finds a way to work it out then I will be ecstatic but it's all up to Jalen now. He's the one that asked for the divorce.

All that is irrelevant. This isn't a partnership or a relationship, he's a contractual employee and it's time he was reminded of that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The team should play their games too.

We were going to trade you to new england but you were too sick to pass the physical. Smile
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I've changed my mind. Trade him. The owner has extended an olive branch, and Ramsey doesn't want it. So what's left? He obviously doesn't want to be here. And at this point, he's becoming more of a liability than an asset. Yes, we'll miss him, but he's just a cornerback, not a quarterback. His loss won't sink the team. His presence and distraction just might.

Next man up. Hayden or Borders.

Jalen “ I don’t want to be a distraction “ Ramsey! Geesh!

Jalen Ramsey tells Jaguars he's sick, can't practice

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...t-practice

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey told the team Sunday he's sick and will not be at practice, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Ramsey requested a trade last week.

A distraction. He don't want to be here. Must be traded now. Jaguars have something good going with Minshew now.

Thanks for the update Bottie-bot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jalen has no leverage. I love it.

If he doesn't practice I would not let him play.

If he starts skipping workouts and miss games, The FO should fine him.

I would not trade him this year or next.

Eventually, the players on this team will get sick of it....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

I think this is the correct approach:

Quote: The Jaguars, thankfully, are sticking to their guns on their valuation of Ramsey and they have no reason to back off that because they’re not under any pressure to deal Ramsey. Based on how things have played out, I think the Jaguars are going to end up doing the right thing and telling Ramsey he’s not getting traded in-season, unless someone gets desperate at the trade deadline.

You sit him down and have that talk and, as reported, try to repair the relationship with your best player and superstar. At the end of the season, maybe Tom Coughlin retires. Maybe they’re able to work something out where they can co-exist, but if that can’t happen, then you make the move to trade Ramsey. You don’t do it in the first quarter of the season.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/23/...rs-no-deal
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It's allergies season, seems like everyone I know is sick so it's very possible.  The timing is a little suspect thought.  Maybe a few days to let things mellow out would be for the best anyways.

What a coincidence, I'm sick of this whole circus.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You guys! He IS sick.

He really is sick ...

... of Tom Coughlin.

*rimshot

(09-23-2019, 10:02 AM)Rico Wrote: What a coincidence, I'm sick of this whole circus.

Well buckle up.. This could go on for a long [BLEEP] time..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The Jags are in a PRIME opportunity to get on a hot streak with the upcoming schedule. If he doesn't want to be apart of that, it's whatever. We got MINSHEW and that's all that matters. There's zero chance I trade him for pennies, I still stick to my guns and I want a star player back in return + picks, but this really is a distraction now. At this point he is just full of it.

Sick? That's cool. Just tell him to bring back a note from the ER doc that treated his bruised lady bits when he comes back to work.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 10:19 AM by WingerDinger.)

I just saw some Tweets from a couple of fans getting together and sending Jalen a "Get Well Soon" Edible Arrangement complete with stuffed Teddy Bear..

https://twitter.com/bonnieupright/status...56320?s=19

This have the whole "Save Ferris" feeling to it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]