Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-23-2019, 08:16 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: Sounds like yall betas want Gene Smith back Smile
I want an alpha in the locker room to slap his [BLEEP] down

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Have faith in Coughlin.
Theres a reason greatness flourishes under him.

(09-23-2019, 08:32 PM)jagshype Wrote: Have faith in Coughlin.

Greatness hasn't flourished under him since 2012.

(09-23-2019, 09:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:32 PM)jagshype Wrote: Have faith in Coughlin.

Greatness hasn't flourished under him since 2012.

2017 was pretty nice

Theres still magic in that wizard.

(09-23-2019, 09:28 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Greatness hasn't flourished under him since 2012.

2017 was pretty nice

When he came in, everything was already set. It was after he had been here a full season that everything started to fall apart.

(09-23-2019, 09:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:28 PM)jagshype Wrote: 2017 was pretty nice

When he came in, everything was already set. It was after he had been here a full season that everything started to fall apart.

Everything wasnt set.  CC has stated a number of times TC is one of the reasons he came here.  Bouye has said it too.  We wouldn't of made the playoffs without those 2.  Last years draft class is looking pretty good as well as this one also.

(09-23-2019, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When he came in, everything was already set. It was after he had been here a full season that everything started to fall apart.

Everything wasnt set.  CC has stated a number of times TC is one of the reasons he came here.  Bouye has said it too.  We wouldn't of made the playoffs without those 2.  Last years draft class is looking pretty good as well as this one also.

He extended Blake Bortles. I don't know what else to say on the matter.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-24-2019, 01:58 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everything wasnt set.  CC has stated a number of times TC is one of the reasons he came here.  Bouye has said it too.  We wouldn't of made the playoffs without those 2.  Last years draft class is looking pretty good as well as this one also.

He extended Blake Bortles. I don't know what else to say on the matter.

He also signed Foles and drafted Minshew

The ones who were raised properly see this for what it is. A spoiled child throwing a tantrum because he got chewed out for acting like a punk kid.

The I want it and I want it now crowd that was kowtowed to their entire life sides with sweet Jalens camp.

Pretty simple.Pathetic as hell, but simple.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-24-2019, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The ones who were raised properly see this for what it is. A spoiled child throwing a tantrum because he got chewed out for acting like a punk kid.

The I want it and I want it now crowd that was kowtowed to their entire life sides with sweet Jalens camp.

It's a shame Larry Fitzgerald's father couldn't raise more of these guys. He gets it. I'm pretty sure Jalen's dad and Kawhi Leonard's uncle would be BFF's if they met.

(09-24-2019, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The ones who were raised properly see this for what it is. A spoiled child throwing a tantrum because he got chewed out for acting like a punk kid.

Bwahahahahahahaha

What about those of us who see Jalen Ramsey as being immature but acknowledged that his immaturity does not outweigh his considerable talent and as such should not be traded from the team?

Put this another way. If favoring talent over petulance immaturity or some other character flaw makes you a part of a I want it now crowd, then Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick a part of that crowd as they kept Lawrence Taylor on their roster after all of those years of drug use and being late to practice for golf and various other transgressions. I guess Joe Gibbs wasn't raised right,a he stomached Dexter Manley's drug use and John Riggins drunkenness. I guess Bob Wolf and Mike Holmgren are part of the I want it now crowd when they kept Brett favre after his party boy days in Atlanta. I guess Jimmy Johnson is part of the I want it now crowd when he kept Michael Irvin The omelette and others after various off-field indiscretions. I guess years after Lawrence Taylor, Bill belichick remained in the I want it now crowd when he signed so-called malcontents like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. By most accounts, Warren Sapp is a grade a jackass.  Does that mean Tony Dungy was not raised properly because he didn't dump Sapp at the first sign of unpleasant demeanor?  You don't have to display model character is be a good addition to a football team.

There is far more nuance to this than you portray.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

And all of this "distraction" has created a division within the Jaguars fan base ...
I'm here to tell you ....it simply isn't right.
In the end we're all fans of the Jaguars.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM by JackCity.)

(09-24-2019, 08:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

It's a shame Larry Fitzgerald's father couldn't raise more of these guys. He gets it. I'm pretty sure Jalen's dad and Kawhi Leonard's uncle would be BFF's if they met.

You are aware Larry Fitz had a domestic violence incident right

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 09:24 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(09-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

What about those of us who see Jalen Ramsey as being immature but acknowledged that his immaturity does not outweigh his considerable talent and as such should not be traded from the team?

Put this another way. If favoring talent over petulance immaturity or some other character flaw makes you a part of a I want it now crowd, then Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick a part of that crowd as they kept Lawrence Taylor on their roster after all of those years of drug use and being late to practice for golf and various other transgressions. I guess Joe Gibbs wasn't raised right,a he stomached Dexter Manley's drug use and John Riggins drunkenness. I guess Bob Wolf and Mike Holmgren are part of the I want it now crowd when they kept Brett favre after his party boy days in Atlanta. I guess Jimmy Johnson is part of the I want it now crowd when he kept Michael Irvin The omelette and others after various off-field indiscretions. I guess years after Lawrence Taylor, Bill belichick remained in the I want it now crowd when he signed so-called malcontents like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. By most accounts, Warren Sapp is a grade a jackass.  Does that mean Tony Dungy was not raised properly because he didn't dump Sapp at the first sign of unpleasant demeanor?  You don't have to display model character is be a good addition to a football team.

There is far more nuance to this than you portray.

Thanks but i was enjoying the "i know more than you do about raising stand up adults" crowd.  Its fun seeing people fail at understanding the GM/Football logic that others are using.  If he was at a regular 9-5 then they would be correct, but thats neither here nor there.  Now, i think you've stopped the comedy posts i was enjoying.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I think that includes most of us who see Jalen for the petulant crybaby he is. I want him on the team. The question is nuanced, however, by do we want him on team at the expense of overthrowing discipline and the chain of command? I don’t think we have to. It requires management to behave as adults, stand their ground, AND offer him a contract commensurate with his talent and performance.

He doesn’t get to leave because he’s butthurt. He doesn’t get to have the boss fired. He gets to man up and play and get paid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-24-2019, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What about those of us who see Jalen Ramsey as being immature but acknowledged that his immaturity does not outweigh his considerable talent and as such should not be traded from the team?

I think that includes most of us who see Jalen for the petulant crybaby he is.  I want him on the team. The question is nuanced, however, by do we want him on team at the expense of overthrowing discipline and the chain of command?  I don’t think we have to.  It requires management to behave as adults, stand their ground, AND offer him a contract commensurate with his talent and performance.

He doesn’t get to leave because he’s butthurt.
He doesn’t get to have the boss fired. He gets to man up and play and get paid.

Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Really wish Eli and Elway had just "manned up" and gone to the teams that drafted them. They are petulant cry babies.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:20 AM by Jagwired.)

I keep seeing all these other examples of organizations keeping troubled talent. I understand that there are many examples of this throughout the history of the league. Sure as hell does not make it right and not sure if any of those examples slapped their respective franchises( who by the way has acquiesced to his every whim since he has been here) in the face by demanding a trade 2 friggin weeks into a season because they received a simple [BLEEP] chewing.

For the record, I do not endorse trading him unless the haul is too good to pass up. Otherwise, I would make his punk [BLEEP] play out that contract and then the tags for two years. If he doesn't like it? Tough [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Jalen hasn't had a say in his professional life since he was 17 and chose to go to FSU. He didn't choose which team to play for in the NFL. He didn't get to negotiate his salary.

For being a poor little "I want it and I want it now" punk kid, 7+ years sure is a long time to decide to make a fuss.