Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that includes most of us who see Jalen for the petulant crybaby he is.  I want him on the team. The question is nuanced, however, by do we want him on team at the expense of overthrowing discipline and the chain of command?  I don’t think we have to.  It requires management to behave as adults, stand their ground, AND offer him a contract commensurate with his talent and performance.

He doesn’t get to leave because he’s butthurt.
He doesn’t get to have the boss fired. He gets to man up and play and get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Really wish Eli and Elway had just "manned up" and gone to the teams that drafted them. They are petulant cry babies.

Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2019, 10:24 AM)Upper Wrote: Jalen hasn't had a say in his professional life since he was 17 and chose to go to FSU. He didn't choose which team to play for in the NFL. He didn't get to negotiate his salary.

For being a poor little "I want it and I want it now" punk kid, 7+ years sure is a long time to decide to make a fuss.
This post is so off base. Of course he has had a say. He could have chosen to do just like  Elway and Eli did. He could have chosen any college he wanted. He could quit at any time he chooses.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Really wish Eli and Elway had just "manned up" and gone to the teams that drafted them. They are petulant cry babies.

And did they request trade due to a personality conflict?

At the end of the day, the situation falls somewhere in-between everyone's opinion.

As much as I dislike Ramsey's unprofessionalism and immaturity, I want him on the team. I don't think he's done anything that warrants jetting him off. But I also think it's fair game for TC to call him out on some of the things Ramsey has done

In the end everyone wants to win. Just have to find that happy medium for everyone.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:37 AM by Kane.)

(09-24-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote: Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

Yeah the Mannings and Elway's personalities were the conflict lol

(09-24-2019, 10:34 AM)jagshype Wrote: At the end of the day, the situation falls somewhere in-between everyone's opinion.

As much as I dislike Ramsey's unprofessionalism and immaturity, I want him on the team. I don't think he's done anything that warrants jetting him off. But I also think it's fair game for TC to call him out on some of the things Ramsey has done

In the end everyone wants to win. Just have to find that happy medium for everyone.

As much as I've been harping "Get Coughlin gone" one thing I think everyone should think about.... Coughlin didn't light Ramsey up in the media or during an interview.
He did the professional thing and said something where cameras and mics were not. Perhaps he was harsh or insulting. Perhaps he was the Coughlin everyone knows and loves (and hates).

But Ramsey is quite the opposite. From the GQ article to the Brinks truck and sideline shows.... 
Kinda hard to paint Coughlin as being in the wrong here...

but... Ramsey is too good to just let go and outside of real trouble this team should do anything and everything to keep him.

(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that includes most of us who see Jalen for the petulant crybaby he is.  I want him on the team. The question is nuanced, however, by do we want him on team at the expense of overthrowing discipline and the chain of command?  I don’t think we have to.  It requires management to behave as adults, stand their ground, AND offer him a contract commensurate with his talent and performance.

He doesn’t get to leave because he’s butthurt.
He doesn’t get to have the boss fired. He gets to man up and play and get paid.

Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Things that are different are not the same despite your repeated and ongoing assertions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-24-2019, 10:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:24 AM)Upper Wrote: Jalen hasn't had a say in his professional life since he was 17 and chose to go to FSU. He didn't choose which team to play for in the NFL. He didn't get to negotiate his salary.

For being a poor little "I want it and I want it now" punk kid, 7+ years sure is a long time to decide to make a fuss.
This post is so off base. Of course he has had a say. He could have chosen to do just like  Elway and Eli did. He could have chosen any college he wanted. He could quit at any time he chooses.

Ah, so he could have been a "I want it and I want it now" punk kid and pulled and Elway or Eli in the draft, but instead he chose until year 4 to do it. That doesn't help your point.

(09-24-2019, 10:41 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote: This post is so off base. Of course he has had a say. He could have chosen to do just like  Elway and Eli did. He could have chosen any college he wanted. He could quit at any time he chooses.

Ah, so he could have been a "I want it and I want it now" punk kid and pulled and Elway or Eli in the draft, but instead he chose until year 4 to do it. That doesn't help your point.

I'm not seeking help for my point. My point stands the test of time. It sure as hell makes your point absolutely incorrect though.

(09-24-2019, 10:24 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The ones who were raised properly see this for what it is. A spoiled child throwing a tantrum because he got chewed out for acting like a punk kid.

The I want it and I want it now crowd that was kowtowed to their entire life sides with sweet Jalens camp.

Pretty simple.Pathetic as hell, but simple.

Jalen hasn't had a say in his professional life since he was 17 and chose to go to FSU. He didn't choose which team to play for in the NFL. He didn't get to negotiate his salary.

Huh?

He's a had a choice.. He could stop playing football anytime he wanted and gone into a successful career of grocery bagging because that's the only job his intelligence could get him...

Instead he chose to play football and there's lots of money and lots of rules associated with it.

(09-24-2019, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Huh?

He's a had a choice.. He could stop playing football anytime he wanted and gone into a successful career of grocery bagging because that's the only job his intelligence could get him...

Instead he chose to play football and there's lots of money and lots of rules associated with it.

Lol you're telling on yourself thinking that is logic.

Also, Jalen hasn't broken any rules. You're allowed to demand trades, and he has shown up and played at a top level for every game.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 11:05 AM by jessepeck1213.)

(09-24-2019, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Huh?

I'm interested as to why you believe his intelligence could only afford him a job bagging groceries?

A lot of keyboard warriors in this thread in particular. "BACK IN MY DAY WHEN MEN WERE MEN AND THEY DID MANLY THINGS AND ARRGGGGGGGGGGG. CHAINSAWS AND WALKING UPHILL BOTH WAYS AND STUFF"

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 11:08 AM by Jagwired.)

(09-24-2019, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol you're telling on yourself thinking that is logic.

Also, Jalen hasn't broken any rules. You're allowed to demand trades, and he has shown up and played at a top level for every game.

Once again, absolutely incorrect. Pretty sure putting your hands on the coach is against the rules, fighting and being ejected also against the rules. He didn't get suspended for not breaking the rules.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-for-week

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 11:10 AM by Cleatwood.)

(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Bahahahaha

Because that makes a difference?! Elway and Manning were entitled, petulant little cry babies who were throwing a tantrum because an NFL team took them #1 overall but it wasn't the team they wanted. If anyone is the "I want it and I want it now crowd", it's people who throw a fit before they even enter a situation.

Some of you are telling on yourselves HARD.

(09-24-2019, 10:58 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/trillbrodude/status/...6825875456

fake ^

(09-24-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote: Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

Yes lol

Why else would they ask for a trade if it wasn't because they felt they didn't mesh well with that organization?

(09-24-2019, 11:01 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: A lot of keyboard warriors in this thread in particular. "BACK IN MY DAY WHEN MEN WERE MEN AND THEY DID MANLY THINGS AND ARRGGGGGGGGGGG. CHAINSAWS AND WALKING UPHILL BOTH WAYS AND STUFF"

Barefoot and in the snow too. Don't forget the snow.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 11:15 AM by Brett.)

(09-24-2019, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:58 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/trillbrodude/status/...6825875456

fake ^

Dang it, seriously? I'm done providing tweets in regards to his situation. I'm always getting faked out. My apologies.

(09-24-2019, 11:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Bahahahaha

Because that makes a difference?! Elway and Manning were entitled, petulant little cry babies who were throwing a tantrum because an NFL team took them #1 overall but it wasn't the team they wanted. If anyone is the "I want it and I want it now crowd", it's people who throw a fit before they even enter a situation.

Some of you are telling on yourselves HARD.

AS are you...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Despite folks having some form of a generation gap debate around this thing, I don't understand why Jags fans are somehow feeling like Jalen is in some horrible unfair position.

Seriously. 32 teams in this league at the top of the sport. It IS an honor to play for any of them and getting paid 23 million guaranteed as a rookie is enough to deal with an old school EVP chewing you out after you did something stupid.

Sure we can cite 10 reasons he wants to play somewhere else, and he'll get the chance eventually, but he'll have to go through the same process any player requesting a trade goes through. It will be interesting to see what the new CBA holds for "player empowerment" and whether anything changes to make these trades easier.
I bet it stays the same in that respect.