Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Can we please stop injecting agism and generation into this debate repeatedly??
Please?

Let's debate one another's points rather than simply issuing blanket statement takes about the various supposed generations of one another.  

I don't care if you were born in 1958, 1964, 1980, 1999 or yesterday. This applies to everyone. 
Thank You. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2019, 07:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen:

Please?

Let's debate one another's points rather than simply issuing blanket statement takes about the various supposed generations of one another.  

I don't care if you were born in 1958, 1964, 1980, 1999 or yesterday. This applies to everyone. 
Thank You. 

Sure thing gramps.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2019, 08:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Please?

Thank You. 

Sure thing gramps.

LOL

Knew I could count on you.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 08:16 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-24-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote: Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

And did they request trade due to a personality conflict?

How is that relevant?

Whether he requests a trade due to a personality conflict, wanting a new contract, questioning the scheme, etc., any player who asks for a trade and has that request become public knowledge is going to be painted as a malcontent.

Furthermore, why is it presumed Ramsey is the sole unreasonable person in this equation?  Assuming he had the interaction with Coughlin, NOBODY posting in this thread knows exactly who said what to whom.  It's entirely possible TC was right to chastise Ramsey but went too far in doing so.

It's not as if TC hasn't alienated players before.

Players here hated him in his first stint.  When he went to the Giants, the players there were on the verge of revolt, until Strahan confronted TC ant told him he had to change or completely lose the team.  

https://www.newsday.com/sports/media/mic...-1.6240814

Were those '95-99 Jaguars hypersensitive?  Was Strahan entitled and petulant?  Were those Giants teams all raised improperly?

https://www.newsday.com/sports/tough-way...d-1.728955

Reading the articles, some of the best players hated him initially, but over time, they saw the method to his madness and many developed an appreciation for him.  Assuming TC hasn't changed much over time, why should Ramsey catch flak for having a similar adverse reaction to him as other successful players?

If this is something that has built up over time, does Ramsey get any credit for NOT speaking out until now?

Please?

Thank You. 

Alright alright.  I'm getting off your lawn!

Sheesh!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I have a gut feeling he’ll be back at practice tomorrow , which I know sounds ludicrous but Maybe. 

Let’s just say there is a 91% chance he plays Sunday ?

Please?

Thank You. 
Pfft. Whatever old man. You're old. The future is gender fluid...

Jk.. I agree. Agism belongs in the Politics forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/statu...23840?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-24-2019, 08:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure thing gramps.

LOL

Knew I could count on you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Twitter is raging with Ertz for Ramsey. Eagle fans were all about Ramsey but not with losing Ertz. Yea it's not too fun thinking about losing the best player on your team. RAMSEY A JAG FOREVER!!! ???
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:23 PM by knarnn.)

(09-24-2019, 10:00 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Twitter is raging with Ertz for Ramsey. Eagle fans were all about Ramsey but not with losing Ertz. Yea it's not too fun thinking about losing the best player on your team. RAMSEY A JAG FOREVER!!! ???

For those without Twitter, this is the tweet that FSUClark is referencing:

https://twitter.com/krelltpl/status/1176...26048?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:58 PM by Corriewf.)

Please?

Thank You. 

Back in my day (1800s) our star cornerback Bartholomew Dickens the 3rd didn’t send out telegraphs complaining about his coach. He showed respect! When he was done playing the silly foosball he fell over dead from the typhoid fever like a good lad on his way along the Oregon Trail. Then he carried his own body back to the cemetery and buried himself because we were tough back then. Ya hear me son? 

Typical 1900 people...all of you!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 01:33 AM by Eric1.)

(09-24-2019, 10:17 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:00 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Twitter is raging with Ertz for Ramsey. Eagle fans were all about Ramsey but not with losing Ertz. Yea it's not too fun thinking about losing the best player on your team. RAMSEY A JAG FOREVER!!! ???

Nothing gets the twitter world going more than a stupid tweet from a nobody with only 1k followers.... People really will believe anything these days.

This guy is just trying to get more followers... He "covers" the NBA... Yet he has "multiple sources" telling him stuff about the NFL.. LOL

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 06:25 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-24-2019, 10:17 PM)knarnn Wrote:

If there was an offer like this, I'd like to know what it was. Ertz would be like getting another first rounder and he's under contract through 2021. If the offer was a 1st, 3rd and Ertz, that would be very tempting. He is one of the top 5 TE's in the NFL and he's only 28.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 08:10 AM by Jagwired.)

But he really was sick.....no, really.

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/report-j...commercial
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-25-2019, 08:07 AM)Jagwired Wrote: But he really was sick.....no, really.

I don't have a problem with him doing his thing on his day off, but I suppose it does cast a shadow on how sick he was or not. 
Although, I believe his illness was confirmed by the team docs.

(09-25-2019, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:07 AM)Jagwired Wrote: But he really was sick.....no, really.

I don't have a problem with him doing his thing on his day off, but I suppose it does cast a shadow on how sick he was or not. 

Meh, the team has acquiesced to every instance of bad optics he has generated since his arrival. This would not surprise me n the slightest if they were just doing it again.

Too sick to work but not to sick to red eye back and forth to L.A. in a day? Not buying it. I may be gullible sometimes but not that much.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Ertz is almost 29, no thanks.

(09-25-2019, 08:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't have a problem with him doing his thing on his day off, but I suppose it does cast a shadow on how sick he was or not. 

Meh, the team has acquiesced to every instance of bad optics he has generated since his arrival. This would not surprise me n the slightest if they were just doing it again.

Too sick to work but not to sick to red eye back and forth to L.A. in a day? Not buying it. I may be gullible sometimes but not that much.
Your hate for him is strong.

What if he signed a contract to do the photo shoot on his day off and he's just fulfilling that obligation? What if all the IVs he got actually helped?

Surprisingly, I'm willing to cut Ramsey a break on the sick day. I have banged in sick now and then when I was just simply sick of going there or sick of the people I work with. I just wanted a day away from there. His high profile doesn't allow him to pull that too easily, though, and he certainly isn't going to spend the day fishing in Maine.

Now if he prolongs the illness...
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile