Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

Im starting to think that this thing with Ramsey will not get fixed. I was hopeful that the money offered by Khan and a few more wins in the next weeks would smooth things over, but it seems as though Ramsey really just wants out. I think he sees an opportunity to move to a bigger Market, and he is set to do so.

I think Ramsey will always be a difficult player to keep happy, but what he needs is a locker-room full of proven vets and a winning team (talking smth like the Patriots here). In any other situation, Ramsey seems to quickly elevate himself over the team, and he starts acting out if things dont go his way. The sad thing is, he still plays, and he plays well, so its not like he is holding out or has effort problems. He takes pride in being the best and I think for me, thats the hardest part about letting him go. Bcs even unhappy, he is still a awesome player and thats rare, most other stars start slacking and give no effort.

But our team is young and Its not established as a top team in the NFL, even though we have talent. Our coaching is not above the criticism, with major questions surrounding Marrone. Coughlin wants to run the team old school, but things change and each player has a brand to take care of. Plus, I think he doesnt understand that your star players need to be approached in a different way. There is no diplomacy there, and while that may show pride and discipline and all of those great old school values, its out of place in a sport where players start getting more and more leverage. Im not saying you let Ramsey off the leash, but Im saying you need to show a better touch with how you communicate with some players. Ramsey is a generational talent at CB, but TC would rather die with his pride and old school values than see how to keep said talent on the team. I honestly hate that. Its like a captain sinking with his ship, imo its also an ego thing.
All these things dont really bode well for keeping a guy like Ramsey happy. From a football perspective, I still think you do anything you can to keep your best players, and I hate that Coughlin apparently burned that bridge bcs of his stupid old school take on how to play and act as a football player.

I hope we go on a little win streak until we face the texans and the other division teams again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2019, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I take it you don’t have kids.

I slept on that god awful “chair bed” they have in the room for dads. For 3 days because guess what.... I’m the father.

Telling someone they should go back to work the day after their child is born when it’s THEIR child and not yours is wrong. It’s literally none of your business what he does after the baby is born and there is no rules for how long he can stay away. So you can’t fine him like you would want to.

He should have done better planning, when it came to having kids. At least he made the first one so his girlfriend gave birth before the regular season. You actually can plan for children and when you are paid millions of dollars to play a game, I expect you at work, if you are physically able. For God sakes, the man only works half a year! These games are for real and the team is paying him a lot of money to be on the field, helping win games. Again, I'm not telling SOMEONE to go back to work the day a after their kid is born. I am telling a FATHER who only lives an hour away from his home and makes A LOT of money, to go back to work. You can either chose to have kids during the season and be fined game checks or have them in the off season and receive full pay. If I am a team owner, it is my business what he does after the baby is born, because I'm paying him to be at work. If he isn't there, that is an offense that they could fine him for.

Lots of players have a child born during the season. Many of them will miss a game if the child is born or the mother goes into labor shortly beforehand. They're not fined, they don't lose a game check any more than you or I would if we got a phone call during work that our SO was in labor and told our boss that we had to get to the hospital right frickin' now. The idea that a job should take priority over the birth of a child is kinda laughable, maybe even a bit worrisome.

The issue in this scenario is that the father involved has told the team he wants a trade, caught a "flu" when that wasn't granted, then had a phantom back injury that no one knew about despite having been "told" about it during the game, and now is on what appears to be more or less indefinite personal leave, drawing up a blueprint for any future player that wants to force their way off of the Jaguars roster. Were it not for those first three pieces of information, you'd have no business and no need to complain about the fourth. Let's not pretend this is about a guy having a kid during the season. This is about a specific guy (whose lifestyle you seem not to approve of) handling things in a very specific way to get to the end goal he wants.

And, again, if he's not back at work the week following the kid's birth, send the five-day letter. I'd rather have a disgruntled Ramsey in the building than one outside of it telling anyone who'll listen how much he hates the Jaguars organization. And if he is outside telling everyone how much he hates this team, then let's put him on a reserve list that strips him of pay, of any chance to be traded and of any chance to play (or even be around the team) again this year.

(09-27-2019, 09:36 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Im starting to think that this thing with Ramsey will not get fixed.

....STARTING to think? Oh, honey.

I wish it were different too, but absolutely every action and statement since the tacks game ended points to "we done"

(09-27-2019, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 09:36 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Im starting to think that this thing with Ramsey will not get fixed.

....STARTING to think? Oh, honey.

I wish it were different too, but absolutely every action and statement since the tacks game ended points to "we done"

Good.

Let him sit for the 2 years the Jags OWN him. They literally own his NFL rights for the next two seasons. So screw him don't give him a trade, don't give him anything. Either he plays or he sits.

Need Tre Herndon to ball out against the ponies.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Getting Ertz or Goedert would great for Minshew. Making Minchew as comfortable as possible is number 1 priority right now, not Jalen

(09-27-2019, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Getting Ertz or Goedert would great for Minshew.  Making Minchew as comfortable as possible is number 1 priority right now, not Jalen
I would be more willing for a 1st, 2nd, and an O-lineman. I think we are getting 'there' with receivers and TEs. If the blocking sucks, plays aren't going to develop to enable heavy TE usage. Not to mention, the run game isn't clicking enough to sneak a TE out. TE isn't normally a straight line threat with rare exception.

I'd rather hold off and see what we have with Oliver instead of trading Ramsey out for a 1st and a TE..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-27-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....STARTING to think? Oh, honey.

Good.

Let him sit for the 2 years the Jags OWN him. They literally own his NFL rights for the next two seasons. So screw him don't give him a trade, don't give him anything. Either he plays or he sits.

Yep, Ramsey needs to be hit over the head with the fact that he's not in control of what happens to his career at this point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

At this point it doesn't appear Jalen is going to dig his head out of his [BLEEP]. He's putting himself along with his ego above his teammates. Which, hey, that's fine. You do you.

But... if the team is going to make any trades. I would prefer it be to the NFC. I just hate the idea of giving him away to a potential play-off team. If they could land a 1ST, 2ND & another 1ST and/or 2ND or 3RD going into 2021's draft class I would feel more comfortable with the idea of trading him away. The other concern is the player potentially being added into the deal.

Ertz? Maybe. I would entertain this idea though. Why not the Redskins? They're 0 - 3 right now. They've played some pretty tough teams so far but they could ultimately fall in that 8 - 8 or less record bracket this year. Giving this team pretty fair value in the draft. Why not offer Ramsey for say Landon Collins or Josh Norman at CB to help off set a loss like Ramsey in the secondary? Or maybe Johnathan Allen at DT? Maybe throw Trent Williams in? Or even Derrius Guice at RB whom they've seemed to either under utilize or haven't really tested him to his full potential due to his injury?

Just trying to think a little bit more outside the box here I guess. You don't just want to ship off a player of Jalen's caliber for peanuts. I wouldn't be against adding back to the defense to off set his loss though. To me that makes the most sense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-27-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....STARTING to think? Oh, honey.

Good.

That would be squandering trade value. If it proves out that he won’t return, get rid of him quickly in order to get as much as possible.

Maybe if we through in the rights to Justin Blackmon it would really up the value added.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-27-2019, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Good.

That would be squandering trade value. If it proves out that he won’t return, get rid of him quickly in order to get as much as possible.

He's squandering away his own trade value with his antics.

So make him hurt. He needs to learn.

(09-27-2019, 10:18 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That would be squandering trade value. If it proves out that he won’t return, get rid of him quickly in order to get as much as possible.

He's squandering away his own trade value with his antics.

You’re letting butt hurt dictate business dealings. That’s a no-no.

(Begin Sam Wyche voice)

"Ramsey, you're not playing in Jacksonville, YOU'RE PLAYING IN CINCINNATI!!!!"

(End Sam Wyche voice)

(09-27-2019, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 10:18 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's squandering away his own trade value with his antics.

You’re letting butt hurt dictate business dealings. That’s a no-no.

It's almost Ramsey-esque.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2019, 10:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: (Begin Sam Wyche voice)

"Ramsey, you're not playing in Jacksonville, YOU'RE PLAYING IN CINCINNATI!!!!"

(End Sam Wyche voice)

(09-27-2019, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You’re letting butt hurt dictate business dealings. That’s a no-no.

It's almost Ramsey-esque.
He needs one of those New York teams so the media can slap that ego around a bit while the state takes all that tax money!

Khan needs to issue public statement that simply states. He will play here or nowhere. Period. That the Jaguars are not an organization that will be held ransom by the talent. No matter whom that may be or how much talent they possess..
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

From Today's O-Zone: "I would put the chances of Ramsey playing Sunday close to 50 percent – if not greater. Whatever the percentages, it’s absolutely not safe to assume he won’t play."

This surprised me, I'd pretty much come to terms with there being little to no chance of him playing on Sunday. Oehser usually has the inside info on these things.

(09-27-2019, 10:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Maybe if we through in the rights to Justin Blackmon it would really up the value added.

I hate reading that name. My favorite Jags player of all time and an utter waste of talent. He could have EASILY been the best WR to ever play for this team but yet he couldn't get around his demons.

(09-27-2019, 10:38 AM)JagJohn Wrote: From Today's O-Zone: "I would put the chances of Ramsey playing Sunday close to 50 percent – if not greater. Whatever the percentages, it’s absolutely not safe to assume he won’t play."

This surprised me, I'd pretty much come to terms with there being little to no chance of him playing on Sunday. Oehser usually has the inside info on these things.

The most anticipated birth in Jags history? This event will be nationally trending.
The stop watch starts when that birth occurs.