Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just Say No!

(09-17-2019, 08:29 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:23 AM)EricC85 Wrote: He drops this days before a make or break season game on a short week agains our biggest Rival. You might want Jalen here but Jalen doesn’t want to be here it’s painfully obvious. Pull the rip cord get what we can and move on he’s going to start sabotaging this team more and more. I consider this temper tantrum a sabotage but it’ll only get worse from here.

You can look at it like that, but it's easier to say it was simply the day after he had a huge sideline blow up toward his coach.

Now we get to choose between the player or the coach. If we were in year one or two of the tenure of one of the young, hot, up and comers then it might be a tough decision...but it's Doug friggin Marrone. Fire him yesterday and keep your superstar.

Whether it's 'Doug friggin Marrone' or not...now you're condoning Ramsey's behavior and saying it's just fine for a player to control the team.  It's just fine for the next player to do that to the next coach if he doesn't like something.  It was pretty [BLEEP] unprofessional behavior.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:47 AM by snowwolf776.)

I never said to trade ramsey. i have said how bad of a HC doug is. i said that when jags first hired him. one good year,and then down the toliet as he detroys the team like he did in bufflo.  one good year,and now the jags team

is destroyed cause of doug except for the rookies cause they haven't been with doug all this time. they really need to keep Ramsey,and fire doug.

oh yes great insight bullseye.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

You make a compelling argument Bullseye.

I wonder if there are also examples of teams that kept their disgruntled star player, and how that worked out. Offhand I can only think of Walter Jones.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-17-2019, 08:46 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I never said to trade ramsey. i have said how bad of a HC doug is. i said that when jags first hired him. one good year,and then down the toliet as he detroys the team like he did in bufflo.  one good year,and now the jags team

is destroyed cause of doug except for the rookies cause they haven't been with doug all this time. they really need to keep Ramsey,and fire doug.

oh yes great insight bullseye.

Explain to me how he destroyed the team in Buffalo when they were 9-7 his last year there.

I can't believe i'm agreeing with the Oesher, but he actually put it this way today in the Ozone:

"The fundamental problem here: If Ramsey indeed is so upset with how the Jaguars use him that he asks for a trade, and you fire a coach to hire one who will always use Ramsey how he wants to be used, what happens when the next coach calls a defense that doesn’t cater exclusively to Ramsey? What happens if the coach sees that playing zone against a certain offense for “X” number of plays better suits the strength of the entire defense even if it isn’t what Ramsey wants to play? Do you fire that coach and bring in another? And another? Do you hire Ramsey as the coach and let him make all decisions? No, you can not. You absolutely can’t."

Honestly I want Ramsey to stay. I want them to find a way to calm him down and get him to reevaluate his position and the position the team is in right now. But I don't have much hope of that. This guy dropped this bomb this close to a game with Tennessee for a a REASON. He wants their attention. He wants the whole league's attention. He's trying to get bidders with strong enough offers to get him out of Jacksonville. At least, that's what it looks like to me. A guy who truly cared about being a good teammate would've waited until after Thursday at the least

(09-17-2019, 05:23 AM)EricC85 Wrote: He drops this days before a make or break season game on a short week agains our biggest Rival. You might want Jalen here but Jalen doesn’t want to be here it’s painfully obvious. Pull the rip cord get what we can and move on he’s going to start sabotaging this team more and more. I consider this temper tantrum a sabotage but it’ll only get worse from here.

He dropped this after his coach called him out on his bull pucky. I don't see any other motivation than that.

His is acting like a spoiled brat who is used to being the center of attention and getting whatever he wanted.

Unfortunately, the trade deadline is one week prior to our London game. I just had a devious dream of completing a trade while we're overseas, and when everyone is boarding the plane to return to the states, dropping a "So sorry, this flight is for Jaguars team personnel only. Sorry bout your luck!"

But of course, I cannot have things to enjoy.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 09:14 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-17-2019, 08:52 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: You make a compelling argument Bullseye.

I wonder if there are also examples of teams that kept their disgruntled star player, and how that worked out. Offhand I can only think of Walter Jones.

I know Staubach once asked to be traded from Dallas.  He was not, and Dallas won two Super Bowls with him, going to four with him as starter.

Broadening the scope to holdouts, Washington kept John Riggins even though Riggins held out a whole year, and they went to two Super Bowls with him.

Emmitt Smith held out as a rookie and again in 1993.  Dallas did not trade him away either time and won three Super Bowls with him.

Even though obviously Detroit never won a Super Bowl, they kept Barry Sanders after a rookie year holdout.  I don't think they regretted making that decision, either.

Had these teams followed the more temperamental
and reactionary instincts of fans and some in NFL front offices, those histories would not have happened.

If you have elite talent, keep it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:52 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: You make a compelling argument Bullseye.

I know Staubach once asked to be traded from Dallas.  He was not, and Dallas won two Super Bowls with him, going to four with him as starter.

Broadening the scope to holdouts, Washington kept John Riggins even though Riggins held out a whole year, and they went to two Super Bowls with him.

Emmitt Smith held out as a rookie and again in 1993.  Dallas did not trade him away either time and won three Super Bowls with him.

Even though obviously Detroit never won a Super Bowl, they kept Barry Sanders after a rookie year holdout.  I don't think they regretted making that decision, either.

If you have an elite talent
..keep him.

What to do when the elite talent knows he isnt getting paid and demands a trade 2 weeks into the season?

He wants a trade, so you give it to him but on Jags terms. This early in the season, he isn't going to give you TEAM play. I wouldn't be shocked when that ticker states Jalen has some strange injury that will sideline him for weeks, possibly the season. Perhaps starting this game with the tacks. Jalen is only loyal to Jalen.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-17-2019, 09:06 AM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know Staubach once asked to be traded from Dallas.  He was not, and Dallas won two Super Bowls with him, going to four with him as starter.

..keep him.

What to do when the elite talent knows he isnt getting paid and demands a trade 2 weeks into the season?

Keep him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

..keep him.

If we do that, we have to commit to the organizational discipline it will require. Hold him to the letter of his contract. If he acts out or holds out, fine him or suspend him as each incident warrants. Pick up his 5th year and offer a just contract after the 2020 season. If he won’t sign, tag him. If he “retires”, retain his rights. Play hardball fairly.

OTH, if someone offers us 2 1sts and a starter we want, ship him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 09:31 AM by sainTaco.)

(09-17-2019, 08:14 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:01 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Lets look at the bright side of a post Ramsey life.
- Wont have to sign the largest contract ever to a corner (A position that has a short prime)
- Removal of locker room cancer
- Almost guarantee the signing of Yannick Ngakoue
- Wont have to listen to the chatter about how big of a diva / clown he it.

Will it be painful to let go of one of the best cover comers in the league? Of course.
Also think about what it would look like if you let a player push the coach around. What happens in 2020+ when we are searching for coaches. Do you think a coach will want to come to an environment where one player gets to rule to roost and push coaches around? That's now how you lure a good coach.

This all but guarantees we dont sign Yannick. Do you really think trading your best player will have the team rally behind the staff/front office? This will not end well, you might as well tell teams anyone is available via trade.

On the flip side, how many players are sick of Ramsey’s me first whiny attitude?

While yes, I’m sure everyone on the team is well aware of his immense talent, you would have to think that his persona would be tiring to be around. I can only assume that it is worse behind closed doors and I could see players that seemed to buy in years ago (something that Ramsey has always seemed to flip-flop on) feel a sense of relief that they can focus on playing with a group that is still oozing with talent and wants to be here. Or at least a group that is willing to play and isn’t so immature in handling their emotions of not wanting to be here.

The above, in my opinion, is dependent on Khan purging the front office/coaches and ridding the team of Ramsey, as I feel there would be negative consequences to only getting rid of one side or the other.

Get rid of the player when we have clearly inept individuals in the front office and on the sideline and you will potentially run off players that otherwise may stay. We also probably ruin our chances at attracting future players as it will be a clear sign of incompetence from the top-down.

Get rid of only the front office/coaches and you run the risk of upsetting current players who may be already annoyed with Ramsey’s selfish actions, e.g. Calais. You also fuel the ego that is Ramsey, you potentially set a scary league-wide precedent, and as someone else alluded to already - do you really fix the problem with Ramsey or do you temporarily satisfy him until the next time he is upset? He has shown time and time again that he doesn’t want to be here, regardless if we have wanted to acknowledge the signs as fans.

While I realize that picks may not be as valuable as Ramsey I am optimistic of the value. A 2020 first round pick and a 2021 first round pick would go a long way towards team flexibility and talent acquisition in the front office. The two first rounders each year gives us the capital to either trade up, stay put and stockpile talent, or flip picks for even more future assets. Something that could prove to be insanely valuable given the perceived upcoming QB classes.

Trading him for picks and purging the entire staff might be the hard reset that we need to extend our window and avoid the ever-looming rebuild that we are destined for.

(09-17-2019, 08:39 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:29 AM)Upper Wrote: You can look at it like that, but it's easier to say it was simply the day after he had a huge sideline blow up toward his coach.

Now we get to choose between the player or the coach. If we were in year one or two of the tenure of one of the young, hot, up and comers then it might be a tough decision...but it's Doug friggin Marrone. Fire him yesterday and keep your superstar.

Whether it's 'Doug friggin Marrone' or not...now you're condoning Ramsey's behavior and saying it's just fine for a player to control the team.  It's just fine for the next player to do that to the next coach if he doesn't like something.  It was pretty [BLEEP] unprofessional behavior.

Then you'll weigh player vs coach then too. The next time, if we make the right coaching hire, maybe the scales are more balanced and you choose team/continuity/whatever you want to call it over the star diva player. At this point the scales are tipped so overwhelmingly in the favor of Ramsey over Marrone there is zero chance I'm siding with the FO.

(09-17-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:39 AM)Rico Wrote: Whether it's 'Doug friggin Marrone' or not...now you're condoning Ramsey's behavior and saying it's just fine for a player to control the team.  It's just fine for the next player to do that to the next coach if he doesn't like something.  It was pretty [BLEEP] unprofessional behavior.

Then you'll weigh player vs coach then too. The next time, if we make the right coaching hire, maybe the scales are more balanced and you choose team/continuity/whatever you want to call it over the star diva player. At this point the scales are tipped so overwhelmingly in the favor of Ramsey over Marrone there is zero chance I'm siding with the FO.

Ridiculous.  But hey, everybody has an opinion.

(09-17-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:39 AM)Rico Wrote: Whether it's 'Doug friggin Marrone' or not...now you're condoning Ramsey's behavior and saying it's just fine for a player to control the team.  It's just fine for the next player to do that to the next coach if he doesn't like something.  It was pretty [BLEEP] unprofessional behavior.

What? This isn't the Jacksonville Jalens!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 09:29 AM by RicoTx.)

(09-17-2019, 09:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote: Then you'll weigh player vs coach then too. The next time, if we make the right coaching hire, maybe the scales are more balanced and you choose team/continuity/whatever you want to call it over the star diva player. At this point the scales are tipped so overwhelmingly in the favor of Ramsey over Marrone there is zero chance I'm siding with the FO.

What? This isn't the Jacksonville Jalens!

It's just a ridiculous opinion anyway.  How can you possibly run a team like that?  It just sets an incredibly ridiculous precedent.

He's just [BLEEP] the entire organization over now.  It's a no-win situation no matter what they do.

(09-17-2019, 09:23 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote: Then you'll weigh player vs coach then too. The next time, if we make the right coaching hire, maybe the scales are more balanced and you choose team/continuity/whatever you want to call it over the star diva player. At this point the scales are tipped so overwhelmingly in the favor of Ramsey over Marrone there is zero chance I'm siding with the FO.

Ridiculous.  But hey, everybody has an opinion.

The players won't act like that if we are running a system that caters to what they do best. And every team runs some of both man and zone so I highly doubt Jalen or anyone would get bent out of shape if they are occasionally put in subpar situations. But it's been going on 4 years of us doing it the wrong way and Jalen has had zero recourse except to do what he finally did.

If we keep hiring ancient idiots as coaches who are so self absorbed with their system and their way that they refuse to adapt to their players talents then sorry but I'm siding with the dudes doing it on the field.

Keep Ramsey and get rid of Marrone. Marrone is gone either way whether Ramsey stays or not so get rid of him and get this thing moving. Only downside to it is Wash obviously gets the reins for the rest of the year which isn't any better but it at least sends the message to the players that you're serious about making changes ala Bradley getting sacked. If this keeps up you're going to have more than Ramsey wanting out of Jacksonville and tbh I don't really want my team turning into the next Dolphins.

I think the team should keep him, and if he doesn't calm his [BLEEP] and perform well then bench him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-17-2019, 09:36 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:23 AM)Rico Wrote: Ridiculous.  But hey, everybody has an opinion.

The players won't act like that if we are running a system that caters to what they do best. And every team runs some of both man and zone so I highly doubt Jalen or anyone would get bent out of shape if they are occasionally put in subpar situations. But it's been going on 4 years of us doing it the wrong way and Jalen has had zero recourse except to do what he finally did.

If we keep hiring ancient idiots as coaches who are so self absorbed with their system and their way that they refuse to adapt to their players talents then sorry but I'm siding with the dudes doing it on the field.

How much did you pay for your crystal ball and where can I get one?