Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just Say No!

I would not trade him. But his actions do deserve some punishment. If it was me i would suspend him one game. This upcoming game against the he home town team, where he would want to show out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 09:48 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:36 AM)Upper Wrote: The players won't act like that if we are running a system that caters to what they do best. And every team runs some of both man and zone so I highly doubt Jalen or anyone would get bent out of shape if they are occasionally put in subpar situations. But it's been going on 4 years of us doing it the wrong way and Jalen has had zero recourse except to do what he finally did.

If we keep hiring ancient idiots as coaches who are so self absorbed with their system and their way that they refuse to adapt to their players talents then sorry but I'm siding with the dudes doing it on the field.

How much did you pay for your crystal ball and where can I get one?

What star players on successful teams with good, well coached systems demand trades?

I understand what you're saying but this guy straight out doesn't want to me here. How many times have you seen him on social media embracing city or team of Jax??

Instead he goes on Lewans podcast and straight out says his dream team to play for is the Titans?!?!?!?

Yannick is different case. He wants to be here and wants to play for this team. He just wants to be paid as well as he should. Ramsey doesn't want to be here.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:48 AM)Rico Wrote: How much did you pay for your crystal ball and where can I get one?

What star players on successful teams with good, well coached systems demand trades?

Antonio Brown / Pittsburgh.  Any other questions?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

They need to have a come-to-Jesus meeting, where everyone can talk freely. It's obvious that what Marrone is doing isn't working. His plan to sit the starters in the preseason backfired...the team was woefully prepared to play the Chiefs.

For my part, I think Ramsey's anger was sparked because he wants to win, not because he's a prima donna. He's not AB or Bell.

Let's figure out how to win. Together.

(09-17-2019, 09:55 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Upper Wrote: What star players on successful teams with good, well coached systems demand trades?

Uhh what? You realize that had nothing to do with the fact that the team was good and well coached right? That was all him and Ben's [BLEEP] coming to a head. Come on man. 

Completely different than Ramsey's tirades.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:11 AM by jon2005.)

(09-17-2019, 07:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, he's a commodity whose rights we own. The League needs to put and end to this behavior or The AB Strategy will RIP the league apart.

I agree with this statement. How long before there's just a rash of players that through similar actions try to get out of a contract to go to a team that they want. It is getting to the point where player's contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. The NFL needs to get a handle on this before there's a complete breakdown of the player management system.

Fire the coach, keep the player is a terrible idea, for all the reasons listed by Oehser and most of the message board.

If you wanna deal Ramsey, and then fire Marrone, knock yourself out. You simply cannot let Ramsey dictate the terms of his use in the defensive scheme.

If we trade Ramsey, other players will want to leave too. Just like Miami.

Obviously a great player but get rid of him. What has the team done to him to force him to act like this? Nothing. The guy is a child that pouts and complains when he doesnt get what he wants. But the team has bent over backwards for him throughout his career here and allowed him to get away with things other players couldnt.

It's a tough spot for the team because there is a pretty good chance the coaches and front office are going to be gone regardless of what happens to Ramsey. But if they get rid of Marrone now and keep Ramsey, it looks like the inmates are running the asylum. If Marrone gets canned, Ramsey has to go. But you cant keep them both. The situation is getting out of hand and once again Ramsey is becoming an unnecessary distraction. Get rid of Ramsey now and get rid of Marrone at the end of the season (barring some miraculous playoff run which we all know probably isnt happening).

Said it in another thread, get rid of Ramsey and get rid of the coaches and front office. Pay Yannick what he wants. A guy who busts his butt, works hard, very productive, team guy, not me first, etc... every single thing you want in a player. He is the kind of guy you overpay.

(09-17-2019, 10:05 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:55 AM)Rico Wrote: Antonio Brown / Pittsburgh.  Any other questions?

Uhh what? You realize that had nothing to do with the fact that the team was good and well coached right? That was all him and Ben's [BLEEP] coming to a head. Come on man. 

And you do realize that I answered his question....right?  And thanks for pointing out that just because a team is good and well coached isn't going to stop a diva from being a diva.  You just reinforced my point, thank you.    

Come on man.

(09-17-2019, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If we go 0-3, we should fire Marrone, bring in TC as interim HC, and if TC can't smooth things over with Ramsey, trade him for at least a mid first and a mid second.  

I can't see spending $100 million on a CB anyway.

Hell no, TC must go to with Dave...

TC may be the biggest issue with this entire thing.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:26 AM by NewJagsCity.)

This is all negotiation for a new contract, nothing more.  Zeke was successful getting a new contract early in Dallas.  Tactics are different since Ramsey obviously cant holdout, but he is hoping for similar results.  We have lost our starting quarterback, and barring an incredible backup QB success story, this game Thursday will be the only time for the rest of the year that we will be in the national spotlight; after that, the chances are good that we sink back into irrelevancy and obscurity for the remainder of the season.  Ramsey is milking the exposure for all it is worth.  We'll see if he is successful or not.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This is the Manny being Manny thing from baseball applied to a me first NFL guy. You knew this is what you were drafting. Work the process and get the best performance you can out of him. This team isn't going anywhere with him if you hold to the coaches are the problem model. This team isn't going anywhere without him if you subscribe to the elite players are everything model. The team is in a tough bind. A bunch of the moves haven't worked and we are stuck in neutral. We have a linebacker that is taking the year off as well. We have big time disfunction running wild. I really hope we don't get rolled Thursday.

I'm teetering on my desire to continue watching the NFL and the next CBA could be the breaking point. I don't want players ignored because they drive the league but the League office is terrible. The commissioner is an overpaid jerk focusing on nonsense instead of supporting the actual game and competition. The perceived bias with referees and a model of have and have-not teams is really hurting the game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-17-2019, 09:55 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Upper Wrote: What star players on successful teams with good, well coached systems demand trades?

Ok sorry, the QB/WR can be a unique and troublesome dynamic. Can you name another?

And btw, my Steelers fans friends would very vociferously argue with you that the Steelers are well coached. But that's a different topic.

(09-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:55 AM)Rico Wrote: Antonio Brown / Pittsburgh.  Any other questions?

Ok sorry, the QB/WR can be a unique and troublesome dynamic. Can you name another?

And btw, my Steelers fans friends would very vociferously argue with you that the Steelers are well coached. But that's a different topic.

And btw, all of my in-laws are from Pittsburgh.

I'm not going to keep naming players when you ridiculously think that the players should be running teams.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:47 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(09-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:05 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Uhh what? You realize that had nothing to do with the fact that the team was good and well coached right? That was all him and Ben's [BLEEP] coming to a head. Come on man. 

And you do realize that I answered his question....right?  And thanks for pointing out that just because a team is good and well coached isn't going to stop a diva from being a diva.  You just reinforced my point, thank you.    

Come on man.

Ok so basically you're a clown. You answered his question saying that he was acting like one on a good and well coached team and that's not the case. Jesus christ man I didn't reinforce your point, you're trying to go in circles to find a point. Get your head out of your [BLEEP].

(09-17-2019, 10:33 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote: Ok sorry, the QB/WR can be a unique and troublesome dynamic. Can you name another?

And btw, all of my in-laws are from Pittsburgh.

I'm not going to keep naming players when you ridiculously think that the players should be running teams.

Stop grasping for straws in all of your posts jesus christ.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:49 AM by RicoTx.)

(09-17-2019, 10:46 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Rico Wrote: And you do realize that I answered his question....right?  And thanks for pointing out that just because a team is good and well coached isn't going to stop a diva from being a diva.  You just reinforced my point, thank you.    

Come on man.

Ok so basically you're a clown. You answered his question saying that he was acting like one on a good and well coached team and that's not the case. Jesus christ man I didn't reinforce your point, you're trying to go in circles to find a point. Get your head out of your [BLEEP].

Thanks Bozo.  Your response makes zero [BLEEP] sense and you try to question people's IQ.  L O [BLEEP] L.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:57 AM by JAllen#41.)

Here is why I think the Jags need to find a great deal and trade Ramsey.

1)  He says this is about him not being used correctly.  This is [BLEEP].  There is not a team in the league that stays in press man to man coverage every damn play.  He knows this.  Anyone with a damn brain knows this, so this reason is [BLEEP].  Secondly, on this reason, there is no way as a player that you can expect this given your teammates.  You can play it, but that doesn't mean the rest of the guys around you can.  So to me for him to use this as a rationale displays a narcissistic complex, that the defensive scheme needs to be designed strictly around him.  I'm not saying that we shouldn't run things that take advantage of his strengths, but you can't expect that every play when the rest of the guys around you don't have your skillset.

2)  To blow up like he did and then request a trade is indicative of a guy that has given up.  To me, he has publicly stated that he doesn't want to go to war with these guys any longer.  You can't say it's the coaches but then say you want out.  That's not just the coaches.  You don't want to fight with these guys anymore.  So you are turning your back on Calais, Yan, everyone.  

3)  If you can persuade the Dolphins to send you Xavien Howard and their later 1st for Ramsey, take the deal and run.  You get a CB back who's under contract for 5 seasons, he's pretty good, plus you get an extra 1st.

Does the coaching staff need to go?  Probably, but that's a DIFFERENT issue and argument.  If we take Ramsey for what he's done and even when he was at FSU (he was always extra) then you have to cut this guy loose.  If he had just blown up at Doug and then realized that he was just really fired up and he was overly emotional about it, that's one thing, but to request a trade and talk about not being used correctly says,

1)  This IS about not getting extended
2)  This IS a guy who has not just turned on the coaching staff, by requesting a trade he's saying he doesn't want to go to war with these guys anymore.
3)  This IS the exact opposite of the Dolphins.  With the Phins it appeared that management and coaching quit and expected players to by into a losing season.  Here, we got dealt a bad hand, but we are still trying to win.  But one player has QUIT on everyone else.

Goodbye.  I love his talent.  He's my favorite player talent-wise on the team, but he can miss me with this.

On another note, the NFL needs to crack down on this immediately.  There needs to be clauses in contracts to prevent this.  Players should not feel like to get their way they can just become a malcontent and they can make things happen.