Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just Say No!

I am going to piggy back on every convo in this thread

- If Jags go 0-6 / 0-8 or whatever and fire Marrone I am good with TC coaching out the rest of the year because at that point nothing really matters. There is nothing or no one that can right the ship at that point. Also at the end of this season you would need to clean house and also let TC go or move him to a position where he has little to know power. Maybe a Football consultant role. ( I would like to see McCardell stay on but that would be up to the new coach)

- Honestly its time to let Ramsey go if we can get a 1st rounder and then some. Id like to see a 1st and a 3rd but I don't know if anyone will give that amount. Especially since other teams know if they want him long term they are going to have to sign him to a new deal which will make him the highest paid CB in the NFL ( I think during the next CBA the franchise tag will be gone or way different)

- If he is traded here soon Jags need to reach out to Yannick and try to find a deal NOW. I don't think he has said he wont talk contract during season.

- Side not people need to chill and quit being so hostile to others statements and opinions. None of us are NFL GMs so none of us really matter for this topic.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crud situation for sure - but you play him. You tell him you're playing him. If an incredible offer comes along from a non-contender, then I'd consider it, but the default here is that you keep him. He's young and otherwordly talented, so I grant him (and others across the league) diva-esque attitude. Maturity comes in time. The immaturity here is that he requests his trade immediately following a sideline blowup. While I don't believe that's the whole story (it isn't), it surely comes across that way to the media and surface-level fans ("he's acting like a petulant child! Trade him! bla bla bla").

Keep him. Work out the issues. Compete.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(09-17-2019, 11:51 AM)Gabe Wrote: Crud situation for sure - but you play him. You tell him you're playing him. If an incredible offer comes along from a non-contender, then I'd consider it, but the default here is that you keep him. He's young and otherwordly talented, so I grant him (and others across the league) diva-esque attitude. Maturity comes in time. The immaturity here is that he requests his trade immediately following a sideline blowup. While I don't believe that's the whole story (it isn't), it surely comes across that way to the media and surface-level fans ("he's acting like a petulant child! Trade him! bla bla bla").

You just have to hope he will play and compete.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-17-2019, 11:51 AM)Gabe Wrote: Crud situation for sure - but you play him. You tell him you're playing him. If an incredible offer comes along from a non-contender, then I'd consider it, but the default here is that you keep him. He's young and otherwordly talented, so I grant him (and others across the league) diva-esque attitude. Maturity comes in time. The immaturity here is that he requests his trade immediately following a sideline blowup. While I don't believe that's the whole story (it isn't), it surely comes across that way to the media and surface-level fans ("he's acting like a petulant child! Trade him! bla bla bla").

Fingers crossed that works out smoothly. I have some doubt, but I think it's the best course for now unless someone offers the farm. Tractor included.

(09-17-2019, 11:53 AM)Browntrouser Wrote:

You just have to hope he will play and compete.

If he doesn't, he'll hurt his image and marketability in addition to hurting the Jags. The only benefit is if the Jags completely tank (more than what we've seen) if he doesn't...then it's "See, they're that bad without me." That's a big risk, IMO - especially when you're really just looking to get paid. 

(09-17-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Fingers crossed that works out smoothly. I have some doubt, but I think it's the best course for now unless someone offers the farm. Tractor included.
Yes, the farm/tractor must be coated in gold. There's no winning this situation. The only positives are keeping him and competing to win. If I'm the FO, there's only a 1% chance that I trade him (see aforementioned golden farm/tractor).

Unless some ridiculous offer comes in, you don't trade him.  You'd have to get at least a couple of first rounders, and a good player.  Anything less than that wouldn't be worth it.

(09-17-2019, 12:10 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Unless some ridiculous offer comes in, you don't trade him.  You'd have to get at least a couple of first rounders, and a good player.  Anything less than that wouldn't be worth it.

This person gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Normally I'd agree, but I have zero faith in Ramsey's ability to be mature human being.

(09-17-2019, 12:15 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but I have zero faith in Ramsey's ability to be mature human being.

I respectfully disagree - other than requesting a trade via his agent, he's not fueled the fire by talking about the interaction any time since - displaying a form of mature professionalism, IMO. Same goes for Marrone. 

Though I could be proven wrong in his 5min presser coming up today.

Ramsey is all about Ramsey, but I’ve seen nothing in his character that would let the team down.

(09-17-2019, 12:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ramsey is all about Ramsey, but I’ve seen nothing in his character that would let the team down.

Agreed. If he makes that pick-6, I don't think the trade request comes out this week and we all just vent over a sideline mixup with Doug after a win over the tinhorns. But it'd come out eventually. 

I expect him to play.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 12:49 PM by Gabe.)

Presser confirmed - professional (albeit with cussing) response to an issue that is actively being addressed behind the scenes.

(09-17-2019, 12:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ramsey is all about Ramsey, but I’ve seen nothing in his character that would let the team down.
Watch the press conference.

(09-17-2019, 08:32 AM)Rico Wrote: He's put them in a no-win situation.  There is no 'right choice' at this point.

Marrone put him in a no win situation.

Whats the old saying...oh yeah..."Let the inmates run the asylum"... They absolutely can not cave to any players demands...They own the rights to him for some time yet...Keep him...If he takes plays off make him ride the pine...Hell make him inactive for game day plus fine him if you have to...Sooner or later he will understand he is not going to rule the roost...Once he gets it thru his head that he is not so big that they are going to let him do whatever he wants, then offer him a huge long term contract... Anywhere he goes he will havee to play zone coverage...Tough love works pretty fast... Its not about firing the coach or trading a player, its about making a player understand that no one player is bigger than the team and plays a specific part in each and every scheme and play called...Yeah we could get some big time compensation for him, but no player worth anything above decent or coach for that matter would want to work for an organization that caters to the whining [BLEEP] kids who dont get their way or choose their role in the scheme and play calls...

(09-17-2019, 01:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:32 AM)Rico Wrote: He's put them in a no-win situation.  There is no 'right choice' at this point.

Marrone put him in a no win situation.

If you say so chief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-17-2019, 01:42 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Whats the old saying...oh yeah..."Let the inmates run the asylum"...

The problem is that the alternative isn't a functional prison system right now. Marrone, hell our entire FO, right now is the incompetent, corrupt warden from Shawshank. At some point a player thrown into that system without his consent is going to do what it takes to escape.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 02:05 PM by The Real Marty.)

He said he has not talked to Marrone.   That tells me there is no saving this situation.   I would expect him to be traded within the week.

I also expect Marrone to be fired midseason.

Will you people please stop comparing prisons to football teams?

It’s the worst [BLEEP] analogy ever.

Thanks.

(09-17-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Will you people please stop comparing prisons to football teams?

It’s the worst [BLEEP] analogy ever.

Thanks.

Saaaayy Whaaaat? You mean to tell me those prisoners don't get daily massage and stacks of cash? Nuh-Uh.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.