Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why does even a win feel like a loss?

Quote:[Image: tmd.jpg]

During his vacations, TMD would PM minions across the board to try to push his agenda even when gone.

I know because I received some of those PMs, begging me to say this or that in a thread/topic.

I think it's pretty clear who TMD is "coaching" on the board.  If you ever parrot TMD like that, you know you have deep, deep issues.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you don't think it would have been a big deal if we beat the Packers? Uh, think again. Everybody was talking about how we almost beat one of the best QBs in the NFL, etc. Nobody said, "The loss was not too bad because Green Bay is in the NFC."
You completely missed the point.  The Colts are a division rival = they once stood in our way to the AFC South title. No longer. We're better than them now. We can beat them even on a bad day.

Quote:You completely missed the point.  The Colts are a division rival = they once stood in our way to the AFC South title. No longer. We're better than them now. We can beat them even on a bad day.

That has nothing to do with how important winning every week is.

Which BCC blogger is Bklyn?

Quote:During his vacations, TMD would PM minions across the board to try to push his agenda even when gone.

I know because I received some of those PMs, begging me to say this or that in a thread/topic.

I think it's pretty clear who TMD is "coaching" on the board. If you ever parrot TMD like that, you know you have deep, deep issues.
lol, that is sad. Brklyn is not only a negative nancy but a follower at that. Lol, sad

Or either they are the same person

Quote:lol, that is sad. Brklyn is not only a negative nancy but a follower at that. Lol, sad

Try again bro. You act like there is so much to be positive about with the team

Even when we're stomping teams, we allow them to come back and almost beat us. Same thing happened last year against the Bills.

Quote:Try again bro. You act like there is so much to be positive about with the team

He is not acting that way. He is telling the truth. You choose not to believe the reality.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 01:53 AM by iapetus.)

Quote:Middle of the pack teams always come down to the wire. It's just how the NFL is, it comes down to big plays. My issue is I think we have an elite roster, and being 1-3 isn't acceptable. We were close to being 0-4, and got blown out by the Chargers.

We were close to being 3-1 too. If the officiating in the Green Bay game had just been bad (rather than criminal) we'd be 2-2.

Quote:During his vacations, TMD would PM minions across the board to try to push his agenda even when gone.

I think it's pretty clear who TMD is "coaching" on the board.  If you ever parrot TMD like that, you know you have deep, deep issues.

I'm thinking they are the same person.

Quote:I'm thinking they are the same person.
thats what I said, its been clear the last year or so then he posts that lol

This is the aha moment and you just discovered the mystery. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:In fairness to them, the team has been bad since 2008 and has been disappointing thus far this year. It's not as if it's a given the team has turned around its fortunes.
There's no reason for fairness to them.  They're going to whine no matter what.  The team could win the division, and make a playoff run and they'll howl and complain that this means Gus won't get fired, Dave won't get fired, Bortles won't see his replacement drafted in 2017, and on and on and on and on. 

As disappointing as this team has been in recent years, you'd think people might actually just celebrate and enjoy a win for a change, but some people are just programmed to eternally reside under dark storm clouds. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Brklyn being upset about a Jaguar win. Color me shocked.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Well one big difference in this game was the lack of turnovers.  Still way too many penalties, and I will say the Colts definitely helped dropping the ball a lot...But hey, they Jaguars played less dumb than the opponents and won!

The win definitely doesn't feel like a loss here. It just wasn't as exciting as I wanted to get because we did just about everything possible to throw it away. Losing is just annoying and depressing if you dwell on it.

No pain, no gain.

The win definitely doesn't feel like a loss here. It just wasn't as exciting as I wanted to get because we did just about everything possible to throw it away. Losing is just annoying and depressing if you dwell on it.

No pain, no gain.

Why does even a win 'feel' like a loss? Perhaps your blood sugar is too low...maybe you're getting an inadequate amount of sleep. Excessive alcohol consumption?...

All I know is that a win Is a win is a win. Period. To quote Vin Diesel..."a win is a win. It doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile."

It's still possible that the team can get it's act together and pull out at least an 8-8 season. With the joke out and colvin back things are starting to look up. We've now got our first win... and against a division opponent too; so we're no longer at the bottom in our division or the NFL. We've got a game coming up which 'appears' to be eminently winnable, so we've got that going for us too.

The win feels like a loss to the same extent that week one's loss feels like a win. To think otherwise is rank hypocrisy, surely?