Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Titans Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 01:08 PM by ferocious.)

(09-19-2019, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp, here are some keys:

• Jags secondary needs to limit D. Walker, Davis and Brown to very few explosive plays.
  • Jags O-Line needs to execute well in the run game so LF finds a lane more often
  • Jags O-Line needs to buy Minshew .5 more seconds than they generally gave him in Houston
  • HC/OC need to trust Minshew with the ball if it comes down to the wire again
  • LBs and Safeties must come up big against the run when their RB gets to second level

Having Cam Robinson available should help the OL.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^^ That’s simply awesome.

(09-19-2019, 01:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ^^ That’s simply awesome.

Much better than the teal man video going around. 

Good luck tonight. Should be a nasty game.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-19-2019, 02:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ^^ That’s simply awesome.

Much better than the teal man video going around. 

I haven’t seen that one.

(09-19-2019, 02:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 02:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Much better than the teal man video going around. 

I haven’t seen that one.

Not sure how to put vids in but heres a link

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GetYo...4%3Fs%3D21

(09-19-2019, 02:39 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 02:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I haven’t seen that one.

Not sure how to put vids in but heres a link

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GetYo...4%3Fs%3D21

Middle school film projects are so cute.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 03:08 PM by Dewboy01.)

(09-19-2019, 01:07 PM)ferocious Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp, here are some keys:

• Jags secondary needs to limit D. Walker, Davis and Brown to very few explosive plays.
  • Jags O-Line needs to execute well in the run game so LF finds a lane more often
  • Jags O-Line needs to buy Minshew .5 more seconds than they generally gave him in Houston
  • HC/OC need to trust Minshew with the ball if it comes down to the wire again
  • LBs and Safeties must come up big against the run when their RB gets to second level

Having Cam Robinson available should help the OL.

Cam was available last week - coaches usually are chomping at the bit for the medical staff to clear a player.  That's got to be one of the few times a player (in an area of need) is cleared to play and is held out by coaches decision - but I agree, having him back tonight should help.

Imagine if you will, that we started Cam at LT and Richardson at RG and maybe Minshew doesn't get sacked and fumble 3 times and we don't give the Texans the ball at the 11 yd line for them to score their only TD......who knows - maybe Cam starting would have been worse :/

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 03:17 PM by Rockman1966.)

It's raining here on the Southside. Heat won't be an issue.

My gut is they're gonna wait until they get what they want for 20. The way the schedule lays out this team could win 4-5 games and he wants to stay.

Great insights this afternoon by MJD on 92.5. Winning cures all. If they win he could see him staying. Most important thing is the two sides talk honestly, hmm......

We haven't tackled Derrick Henry in 4 years. Maybe we can turn it around?
No pain, no gain.

The curse of Amelia ensues. We’re losing this one.

I want us to win, but that would also give Marrone like 6 weeks of job safety, so its a tough one.

As a tacks fan, got a bad feeling about this one. Think you guys take it. Tacks have sucked tremendously on 3rd down. Mary has retreated fully into his shell. If Henry can get going, they may have a shot. Dont see the tacks scoring many points. No idea about your qb, just what i've seen on here. Tacks D playing pretty well. Low scoring game, the nfl elite should hate this one, but tacks/jags tnf is one of my favorite weeks of the season.

(09-19-2019, 04:31 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: As a tacks fan, got a bad feeling about this one. Think you guys take it. Tacks have sucked tremendously on 3rd down. Mary has retreated fully into his shell. If Henry can get going, they may have a shot. Dont see the tacks scoring many points. No idea about your qb, just what i've seen on here. Tacks D playing pretty well. Low scoring game, the nfl elite should hate this one, but tacks/jags tnf is one of my favorite weeks of the season.

You have a shot with Henry.

Our best run stuffing DT is playing hurt and our LBs and Safeties have missed lots of tackles thus far.

(09-19-2019, 04:31 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: As a tacks fan, got a bad feeling about this one. Think you guys take it. Tacks have sucked tremendously on 3rd down. Mary has retreated fully into his shell. If Henry can get going, they may have a shot. Dont see the tacks scoring many points. No idea about your qb, just what i've seen on here. Tacks D playing pretty well. Low scoring game, the nfl elite should hate this one, but tacks/jags tnf is one of my favorite weeks of the season.

To be quite honest, I would give up a fantasy football win if Henry is shut down tonight.  I just have a feeling that our Jaguars are going to pull this one off tonight.  We'll have you converted reformed to a Jaguars fan soon enough.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 04:52 PM by Jags.)

I’ve got a bad feeling Jags will win too.  I wouldn’t be putting money on it though.  I kinda hope Henry trucks Jalen.  I mean runs right through him making him look like a fool.  Just don’t hurt him so we can’t trade him.  This is the one time I don’t think I’ll be pissed off if we lose to the tacks.  I heard ya’ll been taking the “flaming tack” thing too seriously and the had a fire on the field last week.  Nice.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 04:57 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(09-19-2019, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

You have a shot with Henry.

Our best run stuffing DT is playing hurt and our LBs and Safeties have missed lots of tackles thus far.

On another note, the ramsey news this week along with news that he'll be playing should help the ratings. Sneaky nfl

(09-19-2019, 04:52 PM)Jags Wrote:

I’ve got a bad feeling Jags will win too.  I wouldn’t be putting money on it though.  I kinda hope Henry trucks Jalen.  I mean runs right through him making him look like a fool.  Just don’t hurt him so we can’t trade him.  This is the one time I don’t think I’ll be pissed off if we lose to the tacks.  I heard ya’ll been taking the “flaming tack” thing too seriously and the had a fire on the field last week.  Nice.

Sure did. It was the hottest game in titans history, even without the fire. Glad its finally cooling down up here

Martone said he plans to play 7 different olineman tonight. Should be fun

(09-19-2019, 04:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

To be quite honest, I would give up a fantasy football win if Henry is shut down tonight.  I just have a feeling that our Jaguars are going to pull this one off tonight.  We'll have you converted reformed to a Jaguars fan soon enough.

Nice to know henry is on your fantasy team. I hope he keeps it up, split carries with lewis last wk but i think that was mostly because of the heat. Few more plays with henry could have been the difference in that game. . That and mary seeing checkdowns instead of eating turf

Josh Oliver and Seth DeValve both active?