Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue is a stud,

Quote:3 sacks, 3 FFs, 1 INT going into week 5?

Making a very, very strong case for DROTY early on. The Jaguars haven't seen that type of production from a pass rusher since some of us were in elementary school
Even if he keeps up this pace, the league/votes will somehow find a way to make sure a Jags player doesn't receive a national accolade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just saw his sack again. Wow. Looks crazy legit beating Castonzo. He actually reminds me of Tamba Hali a little bit.
Shock the world

Quote:Yea him a Fowler gonna be a great duo, Ngakoue got the stats but Fowler had the better game, he is all over the backfield 

I'm trying to think of who to compare Fowler too among former Jaguars players... Maybe Reggie Hayward? Smeenge? But Ngakoue totally reminds me of Tony Brackens.

'02

Quote:I'm trying to think of who to compare Fowler too among former Jaguars players... Maybe Reggie Hayward? Smeenge? But Ngakoue totally reminds me of Tony Brackens.

We haven't had anybody that had a playing style similar to Dante.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:If Yannick continues to play this well he could be in the talks for DROY. I was hoping Fowler be the one to be a game changing DE but he's coming along alright, a little slow but injury from last year might play part in that. Ramsey did well except for that miss read on the Hilton TD. I saw Jack in there some plays and did fairly well. House was bad and Cyprien outside of the pass interference call was good. Clean up the penalties and we would have probably won 30-13.

Heck, clean up the penalties from the start and we're 3-1.

'02

Quote:Ngakoue and Fowler are creating problems for offensive lines. I like how they're working together to make plays.

Yeah they were, but it also helped that Malik was schooling Kelly. The Jaguars DL has not looked this good since I'm thinking 2005.

'02

Quote:Also of note... I know the Colts O line is bad, but Luck has never been sacked 6 times before.

Even Alualu and Chris Smith were having a good day against that OL. Odrick must be going through the roof because he would have literally destroyed out there. The Colts had better get a fix on their OL situation soon.

'02

Whoever our next coach is, I hope they find a way to get Ngakoue, Fowler, and Jack all on the filed at the same time. I wouldn't mind seeing Ngakoue at DE, Fowler at SOLB, and maybe Jack at a hybrid SS/LB spot.

DE - Ngakoue

NT - Miller

DT - Jackson

DE - Odrik

WLB - Telvin

MLB - Poz

SLB - Fowler

CB - Prince

FS - Gipson

SS/LB - Jack

CB - Ramsey

That could work, right?

Or get creative by not specifying starting roles for Fowler or Jack, but play them often by rotating them in all over the defense at various different positions. Offenses will never know what these two are up to on any given down.

'02

Quote:Or get creative by not specifying starting roles for Fowler or Jack, but play them often by rotating them in all over the defense at various different positions. Offenses will never know what these two are up to on any given down.

Fowler and Jack are not playing the same position. We can move them around, but obviously want both guys on the field at the same time.

Quote:Even Alualu and Chris Smith were having a good day against that OL. Odrick must be going through the roof because he would have literally destroyed out there. The Colts had better get a fix on their OL situation soon.

If I'm reading the ESPN stats correctly, Chris Smith in his three-year career  has played in 14 games, and has 4.5 sacks. Good situational player.

Quote:Three sacks in his first four games, plus an INT. 

We need a nickname for him.

Maybe nSACKoue?

I'm going with Nagasaki  -- aka the Atomic Bomb

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 02:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Three sacks in his first four games, plus an INT. 

We need a nickname for him.

Maybe nSACKoue?

In 2010 Gene Smith spent his 1st 4 picks of the draft on Defensive Linemen.

Those DLs combined for 20.5 sacks in a total of 154 total career games to date.  That's roughly 1 sack in every 8 games or an average of 2 sacks per year total

Alualu

D Smith

A Lane

L Hart

Quote:I'm going with Nagasaki  -- aka the Atomic Bomb
Better. I like.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 03:25 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I'm going with Nagasaki  -- aka the Atomic Bomb

Bad idea. His name is pronounced EN-gawk-way.

Can we hold off on nicknames until next year?

And out of those 20.5 sacks, Alualu has 16 of them. Man....we got no return on the 2010 draft.

Quote:In 2010 Gene Smith spent his 1st 4 picks of the draft on Defensive Linemen.

Those DLs combined for 20.5 sacks in a total of 154 total career games to date. That's roughly 1 sack in every 8 games or an average of 2 sacks per year total

Alualu

D Smith

A Lane

L Hart

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Bad idea. His name is pronounced EN-gawk-way.

Can we hold off on nicknames until next year?
Nagasaki it is.

Just read that Ngakoue has been nominated for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week....and AFC Defensive Player of the Week!

Quote:Bad idea. His name is pronounced EN-gawk-way.

Can we hold off on nicknames until next year

Quit following me.

Quote:And out of those 20.5 sacks, Alualu has 16 of them. Man....we got no return on the 2010 draft.

And to think, I got a 3-day ban that weekend for going on a drunken tirade on this board.  :woot: