Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue is a stud,

Quote:Quit following me.
lol, do you get a warning for stalking?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It seems like Fowler and Yannick are on the field at the same time. Just wondering if anyone paid attention to the lineup on those plays. . Whos the Leo?

Quote:Or get creative by not specifying starting roles for Fowler or Jack, but play them often by rotating them in all over the defense at various different positions. Offenses will never know what these two are up to on any given down.
yes and yes but I doubt our coaches are fans of creativity

Quote:Quit following me.

There is no reason to say that.

Hahaha

Quote:It seems like Fowler and Yannick are on the field at the same time. Just wondering if anyone paid attention to the lineup on those plays. . Whos the Leo?
They seem to be using a lot more of a traditional 2 DE line, with both Fowler/Yannick in the game.

They're both lining up at the LEO/DE spot, but it looks like Fowler is lining up on the strong side more often, when both are on the field.

Which is a no brainer since he's so stout against the run and Yannick really needs to work on getting stronger against the run.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:26 PM by continuous.)

Quote:They seem to be using a lot more of a traditional 2 DE line, with both Fowler/Yannick in the game.

They're both lining up at the LEO/DE spot, but it looks like Fowler is lining up on the strong side more often, when both are on

Which is a no brainer since he's so stout against the run and Yannick really needs to work on getting stronger against the run.
seems like a good set

I'm extremely happy about Ngakoue, Fowler, Day, and Malik.

And to be honest, Alualu played pretty darn well, though I know he'll never get any credit for being such a pro around here.

Quote:I'm extremely happy about Ngakoue, Fowler, Day, and Malik.

And to be honest, Alualu played pretty darn well, though I know he'll never get any credit for being such a pro around here.

It is hard to give a backup player credit when he is a clear downgrade from the starter. No matter how well Alualu plays, everybody will be happy when Odrick comes back.

Quote:It is hard to give a backup player credit when he is a clear downgrade from the starter. No matter how well Alualu plays, everybody will be happy when Odrick comes back.
Since when do you speak for "everybody"?

Quote:They seem to be using a lot more of a traditional 2 DE line, with both Fowler/Yannick in the game.

They're both lining up at the LEO/DE spot, but it looks like Fowler is lining up on the strong side more often, when both are on the field.

That formation (Ngakoue/Marks/Jackson/Fowler) has been the 3rd and long group since preseason, but now they clearly feel more comfortable trotting that group out there in passing situations beyond just 3rd and +5.

And if that group is still on on a running down or two, it's not really any major liability.

It is nice to see that happening. 

Quote:That formation (Ngakoue/Marks/Jackson/Fowler) has been the 3rd and long group since preseason, but now they clearly feel more comfortable trotting that group out there in passing situations beyond just 3rd and +5.

And if that group is still on on a running down or two, it's not really any major liability.

It is nice to see that happening. 
I was talking more of a pass rushing set, but I completely agree about that DL set. They've been out there many times before.

Fowler isn't your typical "Big End", but he sets a strong edge and he provides a constant ability as rushing the passer off the edge. That's a double whammy. Is he coming, or is he sitting? Just an added thought for opposing Offenses.

Yannick is the one who has been the biggest surprise, in my opinion. The guy has the flat out ability to get around the edge, which simply cannot be taught.

Quote:I was talking more of a pass rushing set, but I completely agree about that DL set. They've been out there many times before.

**we're on the same page^ **

Yannick is the one who has been the biggest surprise, in my opinion. The guy has the flat out ability to get around the edge, which simply cannot be taught.
I actually had a fair amount of optimism on Ngakoue after watching him at the minicamp, but I honestly thought he''d take longer to make this kind of impact.

The bend he has is what always stood out to me. He's the anti-Andre Branch in that way.

You're right. Can't teach it - and he's got it.

It's funny to think of Gene picking Branch in the second round and Caldwell landing Ngakoue in the third.

Quote:I actually had a fair amount of optimism on Ngakoue after watching him at the minicamp, but I honestly thought he''d take longer to make this kind of impact.

The bend he has is what always stood out to me. He's the anti-Andre Branch in that way.

You're right. Can't teach it - and he's got it.

It's funny to think of Gene picking Branch in the second round and Caldwell landing Ngakoue in the third.
Yannick is looking like the type of guy you land in the late 1st round, simply because he's a DPR type of player, with a high upside.

Well, as we've seen these first 4 games, he's more than just a DPR.

Yea, he needs more work on his run defense, by the guy can flat out get after the QB.

His bend and pass rush ability is awesome for just being a rookie.

On the side note, you got to see him live in minicamp? I'm sure it's clear for you that he's gotten better in just these few months yeah?

Fear the turtle. Sketchy, but sometimes, you just gotta. Currently in DC, close to College Park. He can turn Caldwell, if Fowler maintains his outstanding motor. Striking two pass rushing/DE aces, as Bullseye mused. They are learning together, and progressing pleasantly, as desired.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Fear the turtle. Sketchy, but sometimes, you just gotta. Currently in DC, close to College Park. He can turn Caldwell, if Fowler maintains his outstanding motor. Striking two pass rushing/DE aces, as Bullseye mused. They are learning together, and progressing pleasantly, as desired.
Welcome to my neck of the woods brother! I live about 5 miles outside of DC. Hope your stay was great!

Go Terps. I live here now mate. Capitol Hill.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:We haven't had anybody that had a playing style similar to Dante.
Agreed. Also something i noticed was the difference between when Fowler got to Luck and when Ngakoue got to Luck. Fowler was more violent in his attack and knocked Luck down. It seemed his goal was to sack, cause a turnover, AND injure Luck. Ngakoue kind of just wanted the sack and jumped on Luck's back and the play was over.

Both players are going to be great, but I think Fowler is going to be special. In my personal opinion.

Quote:Go Terps. I live here now mate. Capitol Hill.
Michigan State vs Maryland. October 22nd. Make sure you tailgate for that game. I'll be there throwing back a few... or 15.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 09:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:There is no reason to say that.

QUIT FOLLOWING ME !!!