Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue is a stud,

Quote:They seem to be using a lot more of a traditional 2 DE line, with both Fowler/Yannick in the game.

They're both lining up at the LEO/DE spot, but it looks like Fowler is lining up on the strong side more often, when both are on the field.

Which is a no brainer since he's so stout against the run and Yannick really needs to work on getting stronger against the run.

I also liked that when the Defense went into "prevent" mode, they still had four down linemen. I think the two wide DEs along with Marks and Jackson produces good pressure so that the deeper plays for the Offense don't have time to develop.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

On the side note, you got to see him live in minicamp? I'm sure it's clear for you that he's gotten better in just these few months yeah?
Yeah.  Watching him in pass rush drills you didn't even need to see his number to know it was him after a while - because his pad level got so much lower than the other players when he'd "turn the corner" towards the QB dummy.  It made quite an impression on me. He was clearly more agile than any other player in that drill. 

And yes, he seems to just be getting better. 

Quote:Just saw his sack again. Wow. Looks crazy legit beating Castonzo. He actually reminds me of Tamba Hali a little bit.

That's a real good comparison for Yannick.

Also fair play to Wash. That Yannick pick was based on Wash's individual workout with him.

Rookie of the week nominee:

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2016/REG/4

Yannick has exceeded my expectations for his rookie season already. Not as worried about having rookie pass rushers anymore... Fowler and Yannick are killer as a duo. Totally unexpected for me. They might combine for 15+ sacks, and that's incredible for a rookie duo. Malik has to get some credit though. He's collapsing the pocket constantly. Allowing Day, Yannick, Fowler, and even Chris Smith to finish.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yannick has exceeded my expectations for his rookie season already. Not as worried about having rookie pass rushers anymore... Fowler and Yannick are killer as a duo. Totally unexpected for me. They might combine for 15+ sacks, and that's incredible for a rookie duo. Malik has to get some credit though. He's collapsing the pocket constantly. Allowing Day, Yannick, Fowler, and even Chris Smith to finish.
Jackson plays such a crucial role on this defense. Although he doesn't have a ton of sacks, he is making such a huge impact. Marks is playing better and my god I can't wait for Day to start hitting his stride. That play he made this past week getting in the backfield so fast was awesome.

Jackson, Day, Yannick and Fowler Dline.

Telvin, Jack, (someone else in the future).

Ramsey, Colvin, Prince, Gipson.

I'd say our part of the defense are looking good for the future.

Quote:Jackson plays such a crucial role on this defense. Although he doesn't have a ton of sacks, he is making such a huge impact. Marks is playing better and my god I can't wait for Day to start hitting his stride. That play he made this past week getting in the backfield so fast was awesome.

Jackson, Day, Yannick and Fowler Dline.

Telvin, Jack, (someone else in the future).

Ramsey, Colvin, Prince, Gipson.

I'd say our part of the defense are looking good for the future.

So exciting. Finally have a young, talented core on defense. It might not show out this year because of lack of experience, and a scheme that doesn't fit the talent to the tee, but our next defensive coordinator, if he's creative, is going to have fun. Caldwell did a great job of accumulating defensive talent in really just one offseason. I feel like we are just a SS and maybe another LB away from a solidified defense. Defensive line is loaded, although we could probably use another pass rusher for a solid rotation.
No commercial messages in sigs

He is getting faster off the line

Quote:He is getting faster off the line

And he's only a rookie.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

He's leading all rookies in sacks with six thus far.

Good rusher but garbage vs the run

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2016, 12:09 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Good rusher but garbage vs the run

Hell I'll take a 3rd round rookie who can get to the QB first and foremost. He's got a lot of time to work on the run game. We ain't sending him out there to stop the run anyway.

Quote:Good rusher but garbage vs the run
He isn't that bad against the run, you just have one Lamar Miller play burned into your head and that's skewing your overall perception. He's held up better than expected against the run otherwise. 

Great pick. One of Caldwell's best value-wise in my opinion. His best being Telvin, Linder, and Jalen, in that order in my estimation. In terms of value.

I think Jalen's gonna be that good, even if he didn't have his best game against the Bills.

Quote:Hell I'll take a 3rd round rookie who can get to the QB first and foremost. He's got a lot of time to work on the run game. We ain't sending him out there to stop the run anyway.
Don't need him to be good against the run when you have a top three pick who is but can't sack the quarterback. I believe he's not that bad doing it anyway.

Only two players in the NFL have 6 sacks , 3 forced fumbles and 1 interception this year.

Khalil Mack and Yannick Ngakoue.

Up the Yak!

Quote:Only two players in the NFL have 6 sacks , 3 forced fumbles and 1 interception this year.

Khalil Mack and Yannick Ngakoue.

Up the Yak!

That's great company!

Yannick Ngakoue's pass rush impact and potential was clearly evident yesterday.   Cordy Glenn,  the LT he beat on a number of occasions,  was given the Franchise Tag this past off-season.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2016, 01:12 PM by JackCity.)

Quote: That's great company!

Yannick Ngakoue's pass rush impact and potential was clearly evident yesterday. Cordy Glenn, the LT he beat on a number of occasions, was given the Franchise Tag this past off-season.
Yep Cordy Glenn is a quality left tackle and Yannick got by him a few times.

Yannick beat Decker once or twice but generally I think Decker did a good job on him.

Quote:Yep Cordy Glenn is quality left tackle and Yannick got by him a few times.

Yannick beat Decker once or twice but generally I think Decker did a good job on him.
Yannick roasted Decker in college too.