Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Credit to DeFilippo

(09-21-2019, 08:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Have we run any 2 back sets this season? I can't remember seeing any the other night. It seemed like every run was Fournette as the lone back. Maybe if we disguised some of those looks with 2 back sets, we could get a little more traction. Put Ozigbo back there with Fournette and give him a few carries.

They've had an H-Back in the backfield with Fournette a few times  - but nothing like what you're talking about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Should bring Bohanon back. Start running out of real running formations again. If you're going to run it up the middle everytime you might as well have a lead blocker in front.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-21-2019, 08:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Should bring Bohanon back. Start running out of real running formations again. If you're going to run it up the middle everytime you might as well have a lead blocker in front.

What happened to Bo? Was there a particular reason he wasn't brought back, or did he just fall victim to the "Tom Coughlin hates paying fullbacks" thing?

(09-22-2019, 02:39 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 08:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Should bring Bohanon back. Start running out of real running formations again. If you're going to run it up the middle everytime you might as well have a lead blocker in front.

What happened to Bo? Was there a particular reason he wasn't brought back, or did he just fall victim to the "Tom Coughlin hates paying fullbacks" thing?
He went up to Green Bay and was released around the end of August. I think he's still a free agent.

We drafted that kid from Miami at FB a year or two ago too. It's a dying position I guess.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-22-2019, 08:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 02:39 AM)TJBender Wrote: What happened to Bo? Was there a particular reason he wasn't brought back, or did he just fall victim to the "Tom Coughlin hates paying fullbacks" thing?
He went up to Green Bay and was released around the end of August. I think he's still a free agent.

We drafted that kid from Miami at FB a year or two ago too. It's a dying position I guess.

You're thinking of Grant in Green Bay.

Bohanon has been at home in Ft Myers the entire offseason unsigned and posting some really ridiculous workout videos on IG.

There is no fullback in Jax currently because DeFilippo likes using TEs in an H-Back role when he wants a lead blocker.  It has nothing to do with Coughlin.

(09-22-2019, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 08:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He went up to Green Bay and was released around the end of August. I think he's still a free agent.

You're thinking of Grant in Green Bay.

Bohanon has been at home in Ft Myers the entire offseason unsigned and posting some really ridiculous workout videos on IG.

There is no fullback in Jax currently because DeFilippo likes using TEs in an H-Back role when he wants a lead blocker.  It has nothing to do with Coughlin.
That's odd then I guess. I pulled that information from Wiki on Bohanon.

"Green Bay PackersEdit

On August 12, 2019, Bohanon was signed by the Green Bay Packers.[32] On August 30, 2019, Bohanon was waived by the Packers.[33]"

(09-22-2019, 10:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You're thinking of Grant in Green Bay.

That's odd then I guess. I pulled that information from Wiki on Bohanon.

"Green Bay PackersEdit

On August 12, 2019, Bohanon was signed by the Green Bay Packers.[32] On August 30, 2019, Bohanon was waived by the Packers.[33]"

Hmmm.  Maybe they were both briefly in Green Bay and I totally missed it with Bohanon.

(09-20-2019, 06:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 02:01 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Blocking wasnt good but Fournette was still missing some holes.  He runs right to where the play is designed and if nothing is there, he is dead in the water.  Ultimate tunnel vision.  It's just amazing how infrequent there is a hole where the play is designed to go.

My husband and I were talking about this last night. 

Is he a "gotta go by the play even if I run into a wall?" guy, or a "if the play means I hit a wall but there's a hole over there, do I hit the hole?" kind of gut. Obviously he's the "run the play" guy. No improvisation at all. Maybe the coach gets mad if he improvises too much instead of sticking to the play. 

I say if the play sucks then improvise. But that's me.

There was one play early Thursday where it looks like he was heading right for a wall, and popped it outside for a small gain, and I thought for a brief moment that he was a changed man.

Alas...

Thought I'd just dig this out again, because once again the man deserves a lot of credit! Great job with adjustments to get our offense going in the second half, some creative play calling (the TE td was a thing of beauty), and perhaps most importantly he showed that his offense can run the ball with great success.

(09-30-2019, 10:25 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Thought I'd just dig this out again, because once again the man deserves a lot of credit! Great job with adjustments to get our offense going in the second half, some creative play calling (the TE td was a thing of beauty), and perhaps most importantly he showed that his offense can run the ball with great success.

Yes it was... Here it is..

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...5392753664

Might be the best OC this franchise has ever had. Led Foles to a SB win and MVP, Wentz was having an MVP season that year, and look what hes doing with a 6th round rookie

Lots of two TE sets to bolster the run blocking on Sunday

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...28738?s=20

We miss Tommy Bo

(10-01-2019, 08:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/11791...23936?s=20
Hope to see that play again during a play off game.

(10-01-2019, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We miss Tommy Bo

I like Bohanon and all but the TEs are doing a fine job handling the leadblocking.

Probably fair to argue that the Vikings passing struggles this year have actually boosted DeFilipo's profile too. Cousins certainly looked a lot better in his offense than he does now. I'm sure there's more than a few Vikings fan who would welcome him back.

(10-01-2019, 09:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We miss Tommy Bo

I like Bohanon and all but the TEs are doing a fine job handling the leadblocking.

Yeah, they did for the 1 game, hopefully they can keep it up

(10-03-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I like Bohanon and all but the TEs are doing a fine job handling the leadblocking.

Yeah, they did for the 1 game, hopefully they can keep it up

No. Not just one game. You haven’t paid attention.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 12:30 PM by JagFan81.)

(09-30-2019, 10:46 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:25 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Thought I'd just dig this out again, because once again the man deserves a lot of credit! Great job with adjustments to get our offense going in the second half, some creative play calling (the TE td was a thing of beauty), and perhaps most importantly he showed that his offense can run the ball with great success.

Yes it was... Here it is..

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...5392753664

Please. We were running this 6 years ago

https://twitter.com/i/status/1180137353559625729

How did that guy remember that play?! Look at that Jags lineup. Sheesh. Mike Brown, dont miss him. Todman! Kerry Taylor is a name I must have blocked out! And that O line.

Also, apparently its was McCardell with the playcall. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jagu...in-denver/

But in all seriousness, I'm loving De Filippo at the moment.