Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

(09-20-2019, 09:18 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: insure the growth of this prodigy is not stunted any further.

If this is Minshew stunted, I can't wait to see what happens when the chains are taken off.

/s

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:38 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

(09-21-2019, 08:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

Wut ever happened to J-Dub?

That troll got the BanHammer last year.

(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

Wut ever happened to J-Dub?

She was the victim of small, petty minds.

(09-21-2019, 11:05 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote: She was the victim of small, petty minds.

Laughing

"she" was a troll.

There's a handful of posters (a few over the years really) who seemingly get some weird entertainment from being message board weirdos.
The worst trolls on the planet who purposefully argue stupid points, make awful spelling and grammatical errors, spew pure idiocy, simply just to argue on a message board and garner some sort of attention that wasn't given out by mommy and daddy.

It's both laughable and sad. There is a lot of time and thought and energy put into such nonsense. J-Dub was clearly one of these "special" people. She was a victim of her own stupidity if anything.

Well... She was a broncos fan too, after all... Haaa! hahahahahahahaaa! LOL!

I'm sorry.. lol
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-21-2019, 01:37 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 08:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That troll got the BanHammer last year.

(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote: She was the victim of small, petty minds.

(09-21-2019, 11:05 AM)Kane Wrote: Laughing

"she" was a troll.

There's a handful of posters (a few over the years really) who seemingly get some weird entertainment from being message board weirdos.
The worst trolls on the planet who purposefully argue stupid points, make awful spelling and grammatical errors, spew pure idiocy, simply just to argue on a message board and garner some sort of attention that wasn't given out by mommy and daddy.

It's both laughable and sad. There is a lot of time and thought and energy put into such nonsense. J-Dub was clearly one of these "special" people. She was a victim of her own stupidity if anything.

Well... She was a broncos fan too, after all... Haaa! hahahahahahahaaa! LOL!

I'm sorry.. lol

And a deeply passionate Packers fan don't forget.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-21-2019, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:37 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Well... She was a broncos fan too, after all... Haaa! hahahahahahahaaa! LOL!

I'm sorry.. lol

And a deeply passionate Packers fan don't forget.

Wasn't she a die-hard Colts fan, too?

Exactly, we know where this is going. Right down a dead end road, the same exact place it’s been the past two decades, as long as mediocrity is allowed to take center stage with this franchises offensive scheme.

Watching folks around here embracing mediocrity with Stockholm’s syndrome, fighting for their limitations while possessing an aversion to the facts, why it’s desperately pathetic. And turning the topic on it’s head to be about me, talk about a damage control campaign! Whatever, be in denial, brand me with personal insults, hijack the thread. Should I have expected anything less than amateur hour? My bad

She has Asperger's Syndrome and as such, deals with things differently than you or I. Those of you that ran her off because she didn't fit into your mold of what an ideal board member should be, should feel proud of yourselves.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(09-21-2019, 03:10 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Exactly, we know where this is going. Right down a dead end road, the same exact place it’s been the past two decades, as long as mediocrity is allowed to take center stage with this franchises offensive scheme.

What, EXACTLY, did you have a problem with in the Thursday night game. 

The offensive approach in the first half and early 3rd quarter was actually an aggressive approach. They didn't show any actual conservative play until they had a 17 point lead on an opponent who had zero answers for the Jags' pass rush. 
And at that point, why in the hell should they NOT seek to burn clock by running a bit more? 

I don't think the offense we saw Thursday night resembles the mediocrity of former regimes and OC's you're attempting to compare it to.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 03:56 PM by WingerDinger.)

(09-21-2019, 03:12 PM)temporaryname Wrote: She has Asperger's Syndrome and as such, deals with things differently than you or I. Those of you that ran her off because she didn't fit into your mold of what an ideal board member should be, should feel proud of yourselves.

Nobody ran her off.. She was banned..

(09-21-2019, 01:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:18 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: insure the growth of this prodigy is not stunted any further.

If this is Minshew stunted, I can't wait to see what happens when the chains are taken off.

/s

This.. All day.. He can only get better as the season goes on with more experience..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-21-2019, 03:12 PM)temporaryname Wrote: She has Asperger's Syndrome and as such, deals with things differently than you or I. Those of you that ran her off because she didn't fit into your mold of what an ideal board member should be, should feel proud of yourselves.

"She" was a lying troll who acted just fine on other team message boards.

[Image: b4f.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

2 deep passes out of 30 attempts on 1st and 2nd downs during the Titans game to me is highly conservative and predictable.

2 deep passes out of 33 attempts on 1st and 2nd downs during the Texan game to me is highly conservative and predictable.

We've only scored 9 points in a game and a half worth of playing time this week.
Only 6 points in our last three quarters! How on earth can that be construed as being aggressive is beyond me. The opportunity to impose our offensive will on our opponents while building continuity with the passing game was squandered both games. Namely the last play of the Texan game when the leading rusher was ruled out of the equation on the last play!

We have more issues to worry about than Minshew. The run blocking and the RB

(09-21-2019, 05:46 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: 2 deep passes out of 30 attempts on 1st and 2nd downs during the Titans game to me is highly conservative and predictable.

Oh, so you're focused on deep passes.  

You should probably understand that DeFilippo built this playbook around the strengths of Nick Foles. That includes LOTS of dink and dunk passes to receivers, backs and ends - with a few intermediate or deeper strikes mixed in occasionally. It's how the iggles won a SB.
While they are adapting things to Minshew now, they aren't going to radically alter that playbook.  

You also might want to take a peek at what is happening with that offensive line. The guards are giving up quite a bit of pressure and too many deep pass attempts could have the Jags on their third QB (who has only been with the team for two weeks now.)

Now - onto your thing about conservative play calls and scoring. DeFilippo stated before the Thursday night game that they were indeed taking a conservative approach with Minshew in weeks one and two but that they feel they can loosen that up a bit now.  They did that Thursday and got up 17 to 0.  

Now if you can't get your head around why they would get a little more conservative with that lead while their defense is dominating the opponent, I can't help you. Running the ball and trying to eat some clock is wise in that situation. 

As long as these guys continue to move the chains efficiently, I'm fine with the brand of play-calling we saw Thursday night and I'd wager DeFilippo will only improve upon the pass attack if the line ever begins to open the run game up as a counterpart. 
I don't mind if the ball is traveling less than 20 yards in the air on most of the passes when such a high percentage are completions. Don't mind it a bit.

Some hot takes in this thread.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-21-2019, 06:42 PM)Rico Wrote: Some hot takes in this thread.

Hotcakes? I got syrup!!!

(09-21-2019, 06:42 PM)Rico Wrote: Some hot takes in this thread.

Can't be any hotter than the take I had this morning..

Damn cajun peanuts..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Unreal, His 3rd regular season game, and the 2nd he has started. Geez, he should be at Brady's level by now. Coaches suck.

(09-21-2019, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 05:46 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: 2 deep passes out of 30 attempts on 1st and 2nd downs during the Titans game to me is highly conservative and predictable.

Oh, so you're focused on deep passes.  

You should probably understand that DeFilippo built this playbook around the strengths of Nick Foles. That includes LOTS of dink and dunk passes to receivers, backs and ends - with a few intermediate or deeper strikes mixed in occasionally. It's how the iggles won a SB.
While they are adapting things to Minshew now, they aren't going to radically alter that playbook.  

You also might want to take a peek at what is happening with that offensive line. The guards are giving up quite a bit of pressure and too many deep pass attempts could have the Jags on their third QB (who has only been with the team for two weeks now.)

Now - onto your thing about conservative play calls and scoring. DeFilippo stated before the Thursday night game that they were indeed taking a conservative approach with Minshew in weeks one and two but that they feel they can loosen that up a bit now.  They did that Thursday and got up 17 to 0.  

Now if you can't get your head around why they would get a little more conservative with that lead while their defense is dominating the opponent, I can't help you. Running the ball and trying to eat some clock is wise in that situation. 

As long as these guys continue to move the chains efficiently, I'm fine with the brand of play-calling we saw Thursday night and I'd wager DeFilippo will only improve upon the pass attack if the line ever begins to open the run game up as a counterpart. 
I don't mind if the ball is traveling less than 20 yards in the air on most of the passes when such a high percentage are completions. Don't mind it a bit.

I have to ask, are you familiar with the person you're replying to? If not, I have to say that you wasted your time typing all of that out. POE or troll, the beach boy is legendary.

(09-21-2019, 06:49 PM)uthill Wrote: Unreal, His 3rd regular season game, and the 2nd he has started. Geez, he should be at Brady's level by now. Coaches suck.

Well he is a 6th rounder.

(09-21-2019, 06:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh, so you're focused on deep passes.  

I have to ask, are you familiar with the person you're replying to? If not, I have to say that you wasted your time typing all of that out. POE or troll, the beach boy is legendary.

OK  -  Didn't have a clear recollection of his former posting. It's been a few years.