Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Ramsey dealing with injuries; reporting to Jaguars

Is the Raven's offer still on the table?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2019, 02:02 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Is the Raven's offer still on the table?

There was only a rumor of an offer.

I’ll take a package around Ertz. If the Ravens are serious id like Ronnie Stanley. Chiefs? Kelce. Etc.

Point is we need a star back. No need to rush a trade just wait till the offseason, we can still apply the option.

(09-25-2019, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If he is really sick and dealing with various minor injuries, I don't think I'd take him to Mile High Stadium.   Flu + back injury + hammy + altitude  attitude would be too much.  Just leave him at home and let him get well.

Fixed it for you

(09-25-2019, 08:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

... "serious case of I don't want to work here anymore"

This is my take.

Jalen Ramsey is putting the Jaguars, including his teammates, in a difficult position. 

After watching the game vs. Tennessee last Thursday Night,  I believe the Jaguars have the very realistic potential to win the AFC South Title. 

If the differences with the Jaguars were mainly contract related, Ramsey likely would have strong support from teammates.   Because this is a clash type of situation with Tom Coughlin, I don't think Ramsey's teammates for the most part are going to be supportive of him if it costs the Jaguars a game.  He's definitely not helping his trade value.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 02:46 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-25-2019, 01:55 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So does Jalen want $? Or does he want $ AND be out of Jville?

Im confused on this point, no one really asked him that at his infamous presser

I think it's obvious, he wants the latter.

(09-25-2019, 02:02 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Is the Raven's offer still on the table?

Unless they switch Mark Andrews for Hayden Hurst, I don't want their offer.

(09-25-2019, 02:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I’ll take a package around Ertz. If the Ravens are serious id like Ronnie Stanley. Chiefs? Kelce. Etc.

Point is we need a star back. No need to rush a trade just wait till the offseason, we can still apply the option.

Agreed.

(09-25-2019, 02:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I’ll take a package around Ertz. If the Ravens are serious id like Ronnie Stanley. Chiefs? Kelce. Etc.

It's unlikely we would get as much if we wait. Right now teams trading for Ramsey get him for a guaranteed two playoff runs. If we wait until the offseason that gets cut in half.

If he wants out of Jacksonville he can decide not to play and hurt his value.

Jaguars literally hold ALL the cards for 2 years. 2 years, people!

(09-25-2019, 01:55 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So does Jalen want $? Or does he want $ AND be out of Jville?

Im confused on this point, no one really asked him that at his infamous presser

Considering he hinted at wanting out of Jax several times before making it official, I'm thinking "it's time" to quote his own words. Jalen has never really shown any loyalty to this team so I wouldn't beg him to stay. He's already a multimillionaire so just more money will not make him happy for long unless we suddenly become contenders. I understand that he's the best at what he does but he doesn't want to do it for the Jags. I would have honestly took the Bmore deal.

(09-25-2019, 02:55 PM)Upper Wrote:

It's unlikely we would get as much if we wait. Right now teams trading for Ramsey get him for a guaranteed two playoff runs. If we wait until the offseason that gets cut in half.

Though it's possible a team will trade for Jalen Ramsey without him agreeing to a long term contract extension, it would be a huge mistake on their part if this is their course of action.  

Ramsey is attempting to use what leverage he has with the Jaguars, even though the Jaguars have more leverage than him.

If Ramsey is in a situation in which he had more leverage,  the cost of signing him to a contract extension will likely be prohibitive.

(09-25-2019, 02:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If he wants out of Jacksonville he can decide not to play and hurt his value.

I think this is the reality.  He may decide to try playing hardball by sitting out games, but I don't really see that happening just yet.

(09-25-2019, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 02:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If he wants out of Jacksonville he can decide not to play and hurt his value.

I think this is the reality.  He may decide to try playing hardball by sitting out games, but I don't really see that happening just yet.

Once he starts sitting out games then he gets suspended. Once that happens he starts losing accrued time towards free agency. That's the real hardball.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If I was Ramsey’s agent, I’d be explaining to him in simple, easy to digest logic that his actions are sending the following message to potential suitors:

“Say or do enough things I’m not cool with and You can count on me repeating this behavior when I’m part of your team.”
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-25-2019, 03:35 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: If I was Ramsey’s agent, I’d be explaining to him in simple, easy to digest logic that his actions are sending the following message to potential suitors:

“Say or do enough things I’m not cool with and You can count on me repeating this behavior when I’m part of your team.”

This is planned out by the agent

Its all negotiation. Most likely Ramsey went against the advice of his agent by not holding out in the offseason.

I’d he starts sitting games out then that will cost him game checks.

This is turning into a nightmare.

(09-25-2019, 03:35 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: If I was Ramsey’s agent, I’d be explaining to him in simple, easy to digest logic that his actions are sending the following message to potential suitors:

Maybe Ramsey's agent is part of the problem.

I agree, but I have a feeling that would be too disrespectful to Jalen and he’d just find a new agent.

(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)D6 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 02:55 PM)Upper Wrote: It's unlikely we would get as much if we wait. Right now teams trading for Ramsey get him for a guaranteed two playoff runs. If we wait until the offseason that gets cut in half.

Though it's possible a team will trade for Jalen Ramsey without him agreeing to a long term contract extension, it would be a huge mistake on their part if this is their course of action.  

I don't think we really have a sample size of blockbuster in season NFL trades to really know what will happen as far as what would essentially be a sign and trade will go.

In MLB and NBA trading for stars without an agreed upon extension is the norm. I wouldn't put it past a team that feels like they are a contender trading for Ramsey knowing they have two shots at a super bowl before they have to worry about an extension.

Some lines cannot be crossed without serious repercussions. Faking injury is one of those. A player that fakes injury to not play could very well be black balled from the league. No matter his talent level.

If the team doctors feel he isn't actually hurt and the organization reports it as such his stock will be severely damaged.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-25-2019, 04:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)D6 Wrote: Though it's possible a team will trade for Jalen Ramsey without him agreeing to a long term contract extension, it would be a huge mistake on their part if this is their course of action.  

I don't think we really have a sample size of blockbuster in season NFL trades to really know what will happen as far as what would essentially be a sign and trade will go.

In MLB and NBA trading for stars without an agreed upon extension is the norm. I wouldn't put it past a team that feels like they are a contender trading for Ramsey knowing they have two shots at a super bowl before they have to worry about an extension.

Ramsey might hold out on that team too to get the extension