Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Ramsey dealing with injuries; reporting to Jaguars

(09-25-2019, 04:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Some lines cannot be crossed without serious repercussions. Faking injury is one of those. A player that fakes injury to not play could very well be black balled from the league. No matter his talent level.

If the team doctors feel he isn't actually hurt and the organization reports it as such his stock will be severely damaged.
Yea.... except he met with doctors during the game Thursday and then Friday about his back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 04:33 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-25-2019, 04:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Some lines cannot be crossed without serious repercussions. Faking injury is one of those. A player that fakes injury to not play could very well be black balled from the league. No matter his talent level.

If the team doctors feel he isn't actually hurt and the organization reports it as such his stock will be severely damaged.
Yea.... except he met with doctors during the game Thursday and then Friday about his back.
Good for him. I hope he "heals" quickly. So the Jags can exercise their rights to play his [BLEEP] into the dirt for the next three years.

By the way, please feel free to fill me in on the results of those doctors visits. Thanks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 04:38 PM by JackCity.)

(09-25-2019, 04:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)D6 Wrote: Though it's possible a team will trade for Jalen Ramsey without him agreeing to a long term contract extension, it would be a huge mistake on their part if this is their course of action.  

I don't think we really have a sample size of blockbuster in season NFL trades to really know what will happen as far as what would essentially be a sign and trade will go.

In MLB and NBA trading for stars without an agreed upon extension is the norm. I wouldn't put it past a team that feels like they are a contender trading for Ramsey knowing they have two shots at a super bowl before they have to worry about an extension.

A team isn't giving up two 1sts without having that all prearranged with the agent.

(09-25-2019, 04:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think we really have a sample size of blockbuster in season NFL trades to really know what will happen as far as what would essentially be a sign and trade will go.

In MLB and NBA trading for stars without an agreed upon extension is the norm. I wouldn't put it past a team that feels like they are a contender trading for Ramsey knowing they have two shots at a super bowl before they have to worry about an extension.

A team isn't giving up two 1sts without having that all prearranged with the agent.

I'm just not ready to say it so definitively when teams give up huge hauls for rental stars all the time in the other sports. We're in relatively unexplored territory as it is right now.

we have a game comeing up next at denver. im not going to say if either side is wrong,or right cause i don't know whats going on behind closed doors. I will say this though. Right now he is still a Jaguar period.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-25-2019, 04:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we have a game comeing up next at denver.  im not going to say if either side is wrong,or right cause i don't know whats going on behind closed doors. I will say this though. Right now he is still a Jaguar period.

None of us know what’s going on behind the scenes.  But boy would we!

(09-25-2019, 04:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we have a game comeing up next at denver. im not going to say if either side is wrong,or right cause i don't know whats going on behind closed doors. I will say this though. Right now he is still a Jaguar period.

He's been called worse than a Jaguar period..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I am quickly losing all remaining patience with him. Switch bmores offer to Andrews and I'm in at this point as said above.

if he’s “hurt” then we really shouldn’t risk further injury against the Broncos. Sit him this week! Smile

(09-25-2019, 04:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: A team isn't giving up two 1sts without having that all prearranged with the agent.

I'm just not ready to say it so definitively when teams give up huge hauls for rental stars all the time in the other sports. We're in relatively unexplored territory as it is right now.

It's pretty different in the NBA because 1 players impact completely dwarfs an NFL players.

And then baseball is a completely different kettle of fish all together. 

A team isn't gonna give up 10 years worth of cost controlled premier young talent in order to have a years worth of play from a corner. 

If the deal becomes less than two firsts then sure we can discuss which contender will go after it independent of any assurance of future contracts. But as long as the asking price is two 1sts, long term contract will have to be in place for that team to be comfortable I imagine.

[Image: Fake-sick-tip-2-Act-Groggy.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Now he's flown back home to wait out the birth of his second child.

I think they should trade him. The jags have something in minshew they need picks to help build an offense. The defense will still be good top 10 without ramsey.

Welp.....he will now come back when HE is ready.....jlol.

He's sick, he had back issues, and now having another baby,all in the same week.Riiigghhhhttttt.

Any chance the labor will last two or three weeks?

Coach says he’ll return to the team when he is ready. Is this setting a precedent?

maybe marone betting that if we go to denver and win without him he might see he is not as valuable as he thinks he is. they should go and get colvin on a vet minimum to cover the 3rd cb while he is away

(09-25-2019, 09:42 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: maybe marone betting that if we go to denver and win without him he might see he is not as valuable as he thinks he is. they should go and get colvin on a vet minimum to cover the 3rd cb while he is away

Colvin would at best, be the 4th CB.. Bouye, Hayden and Herndon would all be above him and those are who will be starting at Denver. Bouye and Herndon on the outside and Hayden at nickle.

(09-25-2019, 08:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:38 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't wait to see what's next.

Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside

Impressive Emerson, Lake, & Palmer reference.