Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug just put on a clinic of what it’s like to be carried past an 0-3 team

Im just happy we are 2-2 and still in the hunt....that part gets lost on some of y'all

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 10:11 PM by Mowerguy.)

No win is ever ugly .....loses are what's ugly....just ask denver after 8 of them now
the whole division is back to 2-2 and we hold the tie breaker over the only other team that won today
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-29-2019, 10:08 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Im just happy we are 2-2 and still in the hunt....that part gets lost on some of y'all
That's because this 2 - 2 record should be a more convincing 3 - 1 record right now. It's not lost on some of us.

But it's a scary 2 - 2 record where a lot of weird [BLEEP] is going this team's way when virtually everything on paper says otherwise.

It really feels like the 1996 team where they'll get streaky in a good way and bad way all year.

I am fine with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It is lost on some here...no matter what, its nothing but [BLEEP] about the fo or coach...relax take a breather and enjoy the victory...good lord some of you would [BLEEP] if we were 4-0 and wone every game by 50 or more...could it be better? Sure but it is what it is and we are sitting in a nice place right now...enjoy it...never know if or when it will get worse...enjoy the win(s) get pissed about the losses

This team won despite the refs. They sure didn't call a lot on Denver that was holding, hitting the QB low and other stuff. They called a real ticky tack penalty on Linder to show how biased the refs was.

I wish there was a way to fire the OP.

I got 3 words for you all. 

Believe in the Stache!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-29-2019, 10:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:08 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Im just happy we are 2-2 and still in the hunt....that part gets lost on some of y'all
That's because this 2 - 2 record should be a more convincing 3 - 1 record right now. It's not lost on some of us.

But it's a scary 2 - 2 record where a lot of weird [BLEEP] is going this team's way when virtually everything on paper says otherwise.

It really feels like the 1996 team where they'll get streaky in a good way and bad way all year.

I am fine with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nailed it!

Only issue I saw all game is the same we have had for a couple seasons now- discipline 
Marrone really needs to get control of this team and lock down these penalties. 
Other issue was Wash playing safe on the Broncos last scoring drive.

(09-29-2019, 11:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I got 3 words for you all. 

That's four, Snowie.

2 posts into this thread, and I'm certain it is going to be chock full of wisdom and sound analysis.

"Happiness is not a constant. When you have it, enjoy it. When you don't have it, be patient and wait for it to return." -- Vic
Let's enjoy things, folks, we've been waiting a long time for this.

(09-29-2019, 07:58 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: i hate this coach and his offensive scheme with a passion!

[Image: LLSoDF2.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This guy.....

boo this man (the op)

(09-30-2019, 12:14 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I got 3 words for you all. 

That's four, Snowie.

it is four words,i need to go back to kindergarten and learn to count again. LOL

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-29-2019, 08:22 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:20 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wait are you saying having a 10min drive capped with a TD in a close game a bad thing?

No but that game shouldn't have even been close. Also as mentioned it shows how desperate at the very least the rest of this season is that we hang on to Ramsey. Then again who knows if he's gonna keep making excuses to not play the rest of the way or what.

Also what the hell is going on with our monster defensive line? Other than the titans game they have been non-existent in three games now!
Dude this isn’t the ncaa... games are close in the nfl. The dolphins, of all teams, had a lead on the chargers yesterday. They played the cowboys close for a half. Even the most garbage nfl team will compete at times... Denver still has a very good defense and their offense played their best game of the year so far, yesterday. Buffalo held NE to 16 yesterday despite their offense not showing up. Oh and  if Detroit doesn’t fumble on the goal line the lions beat the chiefs. Keep your blowouts in college, the nfl is a competitive league where blowouts are the outlier in the nfl, not the norm. I’d be thrilled our team showed the capability to come back and turn it on as an offense, against a relentless pass rush no less, and win. That is very reassuring heading down this stretch of games. It’s very likely we end up 6-3 at the bye. Be happy, we finally have a quarterback!

(09-30-2019, 04:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:22 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: No but that game shouldn't have even been close. Also as mentioned it shows how desperate at the very least the rest of this season is that we hang on to Ramsey. Then again who knows if he's gonna keep making excuses to not play the rest of the way or what.

Also what the hell is going on with our monster defensive line? Other than the titans game they have been non-existent in three games now!
Dude this isn’t the ncaa... games are close in the nfl. The dolphins, of all teams, had a lead on the chargers yesterday. They played the cowboys close for a half. Even the most garbage nfl team will compete at times... Denver still has a very good defense and their offense played their best game of the year so far, yesterday. Buffalo held NE to 16 yesterday despite their offense not showing up. Oh and  if Detroit doesn’t fumble on the goal line the lions beat the chiefs. Keep your blowouts in college, the nfl is a competitive league where blowouts are the outlier in the nfl, not the norm. I’d be thrilled our team showed the capability to come back and turn it on as an offense, against a relentless pass rush no less, and win. That is very reassuring heading down this stretch of games. It’s very likely we end up 6-3 at the bye. Be happy, we finally have a quarterback!

One of the best posts I've read.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I can't believe the 5 sacks and all the holding penalties on our OL. Even stranger is that our monster DL had 0 sacks and drew 0 holding penalties on the Denver offense

(09-30-2019, 04:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:22 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: No but that game shouldn't have even been close. Also as mentioned it shows how desperate at the very least the rest of this season is that we hang on to Ramsey. Then again who knows if he's gonna keep making excuses to not play the rest of the way or what.

+1000
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-30-2019, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Dude this isn’t the ncaa... games are close in the nfl. The dolphins, of all teams, had a lead on the chargers yesterday. They played the cowboys close for a half. Even the most garbage nfl team will compete at times... Denver still has a very good defense and their offense played their best game of the year so far, yesterday. Buffalo held NE to 16 yesterday despite their offense not showing up. Oh and  if Detroit doesn’t fumble on the goal line the lions beat the chiefs. Keep your blowouts in college, the nfl is a competitive league where blowouts are the outlier in the nfl, not the norm. I’d be thrilled our team showed the capability to come back and turn it on as an offense, against a relentless pass rush no less, and win. That is very reassuring heading down this stretch of games. It’s very likely we end up 6-3 at the bye. Be happy, we finally have a quarterback!

One of the best posts I've read.

I totally agree.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 06:20 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

If we are 6-3 at the bye week there's going to be a big splash of mustache mash. People need to cool off winning on the road isn't usually pretty. We lost to Houston by an inch. Team looks to have its grit and feisty nature back. What do you think Rams fans are saying about their defense after giving up 55 points to the Bucs? Crazy stuff happens, the NFL is a week to week league it isn't college. I feel the same way as others do when people post about how X player or X unit didn't dominate so they must be useless along with all of the coaching staff. I've been on Leonard Fournette's case for 4 weeks. Four weeks of horrible stats and his demeanor just made me a non believer. Then out of the blue when we needed it most he goes for 225 yards by far the most of any running back for the week in the league. Different guys step up at different times. Each game is a story and everyone plays their part. Some of the criticism may be warranted and it's fun to try and dissect what's going on but the daily bashing on whoever is usually superficial. If you want to watch a team win 60-3 go watch college. Take the "bad" with the "good" or don't watch.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 08:36 AM by Mowerguy.)

(09-30-2019, 05:36 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: One of the best posts I've read.

I totally agree.

and you know....we played a rookie coach yesterday and I suspect he and other rookie coaches have to go through a learning curve about
how to play in the NFL....even if they were an OC or DC before.....wearing the "Big Hat" would have to be different.

I just enjoyed the huge games we recently won....the first a sound drubbing of a long time division rival that the Jaguars got an early lead on and proceeded to dominate ....very nearly holding to a shut out.

And the other .....where the Jaguars were 11 points behind at the half but held the Denver broncos ....a huge rival dating back to early days .....to doing nothing in the second half and the Jags proceeded to take them apart and outscored to win by a field goal in the closing seconds of the game.

Just tell me HOW you can't get excited by how things are looking. 
This team has come together in a big way with GMII as a leader we haven't had in years.
Too bad one of the players doesn't want to be a part of it...but who knows...

Winning Changes Everything.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson