Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

[Image: FB-IMG-1569851325900.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ironically we don’t win out west until we get a QB that won out west.... Winning in Denver was a big deal. Even bigger given the fact we were down 2 scores at halftime. For the last decade or so, when in that position, this team would just melt down and come back east with the usual [BLEEP] whipping. Seems like those days are gone.... After failing miserably numerous times in finding a QB to lead this franchise, I can’t help but want to feel cautious that this will all come down in flames. But for now it’s nice to be talked about in a good way instead of the same ole sorry [BLEEP] Jags.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

@op

I disagree about Jawan Taylor. He got beat 1 time that I saw, other than that I thought he did a solid job. Better than Jeremy Parnell.

(09-30-2019, 07:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 06:59 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: C'mon, Bullseye. I know you're a major Ramsey fan.  But these pass coverage problems didn't start this week.  They seem to be a staple of this defense.  It's the scheme and the preparation, not just the absence of one talented player.

No, this is not the first week we've had bad pass defense games.

We've basically had the same scheme since 2013, and has been the same Scheme Seattle has run.

Ramsey was drafted in 2016.  Here are our pass defense rankings since Bradley brought this scheme from Seattle in 2013-Courtesy of NFL.com

2013  T 26th overall
2014  22nd overall
2015  29th overall
2016  5th overall
2017  1st overall
2018   2nd overall

What can we conclude from this?

Several possibilities which may or may not be concurrent:

1.  Ramsey had a huge impact on the defense.
2.  The scheme either may not have the fundamental flaws you think it does, or somehow the coaching staff has minimized the flaws since 2016.
3.  You have overstated the number of bad games we've had since 2016
4.  Maybe factors other than schematic flaws led to the bad games.

Babich was fired in 2016. Getting rid of someone who may have been the worst DC in NFL history has to be a factor.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 11:53 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-01-2019, 11:00 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: No, this is not the first week we've had bad pass defense games.

We've basically had the same scheme since 2013, and has been the same Scheme Seattle has run.

Ramsey was drafted in 2016.  Here are our pass defense rankings since Bradley brought this scheme from Seattle in 2013-Courtesy of NFL.com

2013  T 26th overall
2014  22nd overall
2015  29th overall
2016  5th overall
2017  1st overall
2018   2nd overall

What can we conclude from this?

Several possibilities which may or may not be concurrent:

1.  Ramsey had a huge impact on the defense.
2.  The scheme either may not have the fundamental flaws you think it does, or somehow the coaching staff has minimized the flaws since 2016.
3.  You have overstated the number of bad games we've had since 2016
4.  Maybe factors other than schematic flaws led to the bad games.

Babich was fired in 2016. Getting rid of someone who may have been the worst DC in NFL history has to be a factor.

Getting pressure from the DLine was the main factor to me.  Bouye and Ramsey have played spectacular but the QB's have been under fire for most of the good years.  When the pressure isnt getting there and when we are in soft zone, we get eaten up repeatedly.  If the DLine excels then the defense looks elite with the corners we have.  If the DLine fails, this scheme is abused.  This can be said for alot of teams but making it seem like we are calling elite plays using great disguises is jumping the gun.  Every game when the pass rush is mute, we will be destroyed playing ten yards off the line.  Stats dont tell the whole story and our exceptional line play is the reason we are a top D.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2019, 09:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: @op

I disagree about Jawan Taylor. He got beat 1 time that I saw, other than that I thought he did a solid job. Better than Jeremy Parnell.

There were times where Jermey Parnell played lights-out, and there were times where a middle school crossing guard would have been more effective.