Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

Where has Ngokue been?

The only thing I saw him do of any consequence yesterday was get a stupid roughing the passer penalty.

Not doing much to show he deserves any kind of big payday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2019, 08:49 AM)Rico Wrote: Where has Ngokue been?  

The only thing I saw him do of any consequence yesterday was get a stupid roughing the passer penalty.  

Not doing much to show he deserves any kind of big payday.

He's hobbled with a bad hamstring which hurts a guy who wins with quickness.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 08:57 AM by KingIngram052787.)

The defensive line seemed to struggle to get pressure when rushing only 4, which we all sort of thought would be the strength of this team. I also thought it was a bad look when Wash just sat us back in soft zone on the Broncos' final drive and let Joe Flacco of all people dice us up to score a TD for the lead. The front 4 got zero pressure and the WRs found holes in that zone with no problem.

It's still my opinion that Wash gets the least out of the talent on this defense and the defense has only been ranked so highly because of the talent it has on it. Lately they seem to not be able to make plays late when it matters in situations like that and I think a lot of it is the soft scheme. Just my opinion.

(09-30-2019, 08:57 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: The defensive line seemed to struggle to get pressure when rushing only 4, which we all sort of thought would be the strength of this team.  I also thought it was a bad look when Wash just sat us back in soft zone on the Broncos' final drive and let Joe Flacco of all people dice us up to score a TD for the lead.  The front 4 got zero pressure and the WRs found holes in that zone with no problem.  

It's still my opinion that Wash gets the least out of the talent on this defense and the defense has only been ranked so highly because of the talent it has on it.  Lately they seem to not be able to make plays late when it matters in situations like that and I think a lot of it is the soft scheme.  Just my opinion.

Yep, this D should attack, too much speed to play backwards.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-30-2019, 08:07 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Minshew had a few misses but was about as clutch as you could get in the second half which is more important. The guy is a fighter I hope he continues to grow.

What is crazy is his misses are some missed timing, off slightly when being rushed and overall is the check down or outlet type throw.  I don't want to be disappointed but holy smokes it is crazy how he is playing above typical rookie play.

It just goes to show how hard it is to draft a QB and what it can do to your team when you get the position wrong.  A good QB on a rookie deal can help cement your veterans and drive a competitive roster.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

One thing I knew about this game it was going to be a tough fight to win. The Broncos season was over if they lost that game so it was no surprise to me at the level they played. But to see this team come back after the first half and win the game in a very tough place to win any football game showed this is not the same all Jags. Mindhew is a Baller he refuses to lose and for a rookie has won the respect of his teammates. All I can say at this point is go jags.

Yesterday was a big step in this team maturing. Came back from a sizeable deficit, gameplan worked well, especially in the second half. Rotating guys in on offense kept legs fresh. The success of the run game shifted the momentum away from DEN's pass rush, and Minshew's escapability was something to behold.

Most importantly, pulling off the comeback was HUGE, but all the guys that worked to calm tempers late avoided dumb penalty that would have tilted the odds out of our favor. A year or two ago, those tempers go unchecked, and we miss out on a win. Great to see the guys keeping their eyes on the goal, and Josh Lambo might be one of our top FA signings. We have been very fortunate with our kickers over the history of our franchise - Lambo, Scobee, Hollis, and even Morten Andersen.

They should have thrown a flag at the dude who dove low on Minshew on that last drive, but I'm happy it didn't hurt us in the long run. We got a roughing call on the very next play, but I don't understand how they didn't call it, especially considering some of the ticky-tack calls they made the rest of the game.

One impression I got is we really need a weapon for Minshew in the slot. O-line isn't protecting Minshew very well and he needs an option to throw the ball quick. Chark, Conley, and Westbrook doing a good job on the outsides and the TE's are doing what they can, but the perfect slot guy for us happened to be playing for the opponent yesterday. Emmanuel Sanders would be the perfect slot weapon for the Stache. Guy is set to be a UFA after the season, 32 y/o, won't be resigning with the Broncos, and will likely be moving on to a team like the Pats or a big time contender. At 0-4, time to sell. Could throw the Broncos our other 5th rounder from the Fowler trade, since we completely wasted the other one on Dobbs.

(09-29-2019, 11:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I am smiling ear to ear right now.  First, Buffalo lost to New England, which means I won a wager with my obnoxious Bills fan buddy, which means he owes me a steak dinner!  Then, Indy lost and Houston lost.  Almost always good to see those guys lose.  Finally, we beat Denver today in a most thrilling fashion, which means we are in a four way tie for first (I know technically Houston has the lead over us, but wee’re all sitting at 2-2.  Oh yeah, my Bills fan buddy hates the Jaguars, so I’m glad he was wrong about that too.  I’m not a particularly big fan of modern music (more definitive proof I am in the old fart stage of life), but there are two songs that are running through my head on a continuous loop at the moment:  Ice Cube’s “Today was a good day,” and Pharrell’s “Happy!”  My thoughts on the game:

1.           I am now convinced Minshew is the real deal.  He has kept us reasonably competitive in all four of our games, and had us in position to win in Houston.  He had some plays today that showed his tremendous poise, toughness and grit.  The first was a play to Keelan Cole in the second half, where he scrambled around in the pocket, escapes to the right, stays behind the LOS  and completed a key 3rd down pass, and then later in that drive, in almost identical fashion, he scrambles inside the pocket and hits RB Ryquell Armstead for a TD.  Then, on the last drive of the game, Minshew took a hit low (which should have been flagged), endured the pain to his ankle, and had key completions to get the team down the field into Josh Lambo FG range.  Quality and depth at QB are no longer concerns, especially when Foles gets back.

2.           For a year and a quarter, leonard Fournette has taken a lot of abuse from a lot of people.  Many have demanded to know why he was drafted so highly.  People were calling him bust, and gave him derisive nicknames (“Three-point-four-nette”).  Most of last week was a nightmare from that perspective.  However, after having the second biggest single game rushing performance in team history behind only FT, I think for a little bit, he will quiet some of the naysayers.  He still may not have been worth the selection over Mahomes or Watson, but he came up huge today.

3.           Fans who want Ramsey traded away got a glimpse of what Jaguars life would be like without 20 at CB, and it wasn’t pretty.  Hopefully, this will spur the team to try to smooth things over with him and get him signed to a new deal.

4.           The offensive line was a mized bag.  I was afraid the tackles would have a rough game against two superb edge rushers with a loud home field advantage going in, and my fears were realized today.  Both tackles had a hard game containing Miller and Chubb, giving up at least four sacks, three to Miller and Chubb, and one to Chubb’s replacement.  They also had some five penalties between the two of them.  Cam Robinson came dangerously close to a personal foul penalty late in the game that might have kicked the team our of FG range, given the strong wind into which Lambo kicked.  I also thought Cann had a rough game too.  That said, if you are on an offensive line that generated over 350 yards rushing, the game can only be so bad.  I think the OL performance improved when Richardson was in for Cann.  Richardson got outside effectively when pulling.   While undoubtedly we will need better pass blocking from the tackles, today, at least, the offensive line looked good generating our first dominant running game in a while.

5.           I would be remiss if I unwittingly left the impression I thought the whole secondary struggled today in Ramsey;s absence.  While there was a noticeable drop in overall quality, I thought the secondary had some good performances.  Ronnie Harrison got an INT right before halftime that turned the game around.  AJ Bouye provided excellent coverage throughout the game.  Hayden provided a good pressure on the blitz and had a pass break up.  I also recall Wilson having a good play on a short pass.

6.           Lambo came though in fine style kicking under difficult conditions.  Today was another good game from the Special teams unit overall.

7.           Rookie Watch:

Josh Allen-Seemed pretty quiet today.

Jawaan Taylor-As I indicated above, he had a horrific day in pass protection.  Granted, it was against one of the best pass rushers in league history, but he has to block guys like that too.

Josh Oliver-Did not play

Quincy Williams-  He played, and struggled some in coverage, but there was nothing that really stuck out to me about him.

Ryquell Armstrong-  Had his most extensive action of the season, having 8 carries for 42 yards, along with the aforementioned TD recemption.  Considering how often he bobbled the ball in training camp, it’s kinda surprising to see him be the target for Minshew on that TD.  But I’m glad Minshew had the faith in him to make the play, and equally glad he came through for us.

Gardner Minshew-See above.  There will be more from me on him in another post to come.

Dontavious Russell-Did not see him play

Andrew Wingard-Replaced Harrison when Harrison got hurt earlier.  I think Minshew had a tackle, but did not otherwise stand out.

8.           I wonder how the game would have turned out had the refs called that ineligible receiver downfield on Denver on their first TD.

9.           Nice to see Lee, Cole, and Armstead all get their first catches of the season.  All three catches were critical to the victory.  Lee and Cole’s receptions extended second half drives.  Armstead scored the TD pass. 

10.         Speaking of receivers, after a rough outing against the tacks last week, DeDe Westbrook came back with a clutch reception and run on that last drive to get us close.  Conley had one too.  Chark had some nice catches, and had his 4th TD of the year negated by penalty.

11.         Though I have little doubt Ramsey’s absence played a role, I was kind of disappointed in the pass rush today.  With Denver, the front seven was facing an opponent that had one of the weakest offensive lines we will see all year, and we couldn’t get much pressure.  They did a respectable job against the run, but I didn’t get to see Flacco on his back or being scraped off the turf like I’d hoped.

12.  Bottom Line-We are 2-2 and still in the thick of things after a month.  Considering we have been playing with a rookie QB, that’s pretty much all we can ask.  Despite all that has gone wrong with Foles and Ramsey, it’s a testament to a lot of people that we are still sitting here ight in the middle of the fight for the division at this stage.  With all of the penalties and the losing fromlast year, there was a belief setting in that Marrone has lost the team.  Et for the team to win the last two (and should have beaten Houston) with a rookie lets me know the team hasn’t quit on Marrone yet.  De Filippo has called some pretty good games and has become increasingly popular here.  Minshew has been a gift to us thus far and has surpassed all of my expectations for him.  I take particular glee in telling my buddy that Minshew is already better than Bills’ QB Josh Allen, and him not being able to really rebut that.  But we still have a chance to do some good things!  That is most encouraging.

Great recap Bullseye. I needed a rest after that game. Pure Cardiac Cats.

1- I've been waiting for Minshew to hit that rookie wall, but the kid is not your typical 6th rounder, hes not a Kessler or Lee. This kid can play. He has confidence and his taking his shot. I'm basically falling in love with this kid! That scramble for the first TD was insane.

2- Fournette deserves a LOT of credit. Hes struggled to get going so far but hes been out there playing and so happy for him and the Oline that they got it going for a half. Made such a difference.

3- I think Ramsey made his point. I like Herndon but you cant just replace Ramsey level talent.

4- now Oline. First half, we were always 3rd and 8 or so and the Broncos were just teeing off on Minshew. Miller and Chubb took really wide routes which forced Taylor and Robinson to come out to meet them and play one on one. Plus it was meant to push Minshew back into the pocket where the rest of the DL would meet him. Getting the run going stopped that and Minshew trying to scramble.

6- we are so luck to have Lambo. No Myers and look around the league, plenty of teams need kickers.

12- 2-2 is the best we could hope for so far. After the Houston game we looked like a full blown dumpster fire but we've given ourselves a shot now.

Onto Carolina.

(09-30-2019, 10:13 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: One impression I got is we really need a weapon for Minshew in the slot. O-line isn't protecting Minshew very well and he needs an option to throw the ball quick. Chark, Conley, and Westbrook doing a good job on the outsides and the TE's are doing what they can, but the perfect slot guy for us happened to be playing for the opponent yesterday. Emmanuel Sanders would be the perfect slot weapon for the Stache. Guy is set to be a UFA after the season, 32 y/o, won't be resigning with the Broncos, and will likely be moving on to a team like the Pats or a big time contender. At 0-4, time to sell. Could throw the Broncos our other 5th rounder from the Fowler trade, since we completely wasted the other one on Dobbs.

It's hard for me to knock the Dobbs trade too much. This is a guy that was well-regarded coming into the 2017 draft as someone who has the ability and the tools to develop into a starter. The problem is that he hits UFA after 2020, and trading or releasing Foles before the beginning of the 2021 year would trigger a bigger dead cap hit than keeping him would. That said, there are still opportunities to get that fifth-round pick back with some showcasing in the preseason. This isn't a Carlos Hyde trade. He's not an aging player who was never going to return the value we spent on him. This is a young QB with brighter days ahead of him, and someone who would have been Roethlisberger's heir apparent had Rudolph not been available at a point where the Steelers thought he would be long gone.

If the Jaguars cut Dobbs as soon as Foles is back, well, then, yeah. They're idiots. But I don't see that. I see an inexpensive, young, well-regarded QB with the physical tools of a David Garrard type, and I'd definitely have given up a fifth-round pick for Garrard at just about any point in his Jaguars career.

I'm not all in on Minshew yet.  While everyone else is dying for competent QB play, I'm in "Glass Half Empty, we're never going to get a franchise QB" mode.  I think he's played fine so far.  But given our team's history, I can't help but be a little pessimistic.  But hey, at least we managed a double-digit comeback for the first time in what feels like forever.

you forgot the biggest thing of all from yesterday bullseye.   

Believe in the Stache!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-30-2019, 12:47 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:58 PM)Corriewf Wrote: This felt like an Any Given Sunday type game. The Broncos showed up to win today and despite what they were rated at, they played highly motivated. This was one of those games that sucks to lose, but you have something great to say about your team regardless. Broncos played good ball.

This was the most fun game to watch since we beat the Pats last year.

It's fun now but I'll be honest, I was losing my mind for about 75% of the game in real time.

Todd Wash what was that last defensive series?

I kept looking at the heart rate monitor on my FitBit wondering if I was thisclose to cardiac arrest. Cardiac Cat Syndrome is real.

(09-30-2019, 11:19 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:13 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: One impression I got is we really need a weapon for Minshew in the slot. O-line isn't protecting Minshew very well and he needs an option to throw the ball quick. Chark, Conley, and Westbrook doing a good job on the outsides and the TE's are doing what they can, but the perfect slot guy for us happened to be playing for the opponent yesterday. Emmanuel Sanders would be the perfect slot weapon for the Stache. Guy is set to be a UFA after the season, 32 y/o, won't be resigning with the Broncos, and will likely be moving on to a team like the Pats or a big time contender. At 0-4, time to sell. Could throw the Broncos our other 5th rounder from the Fowler trade, since we completely wasted the other one on Dobbs.

It's hard for me to knock the Dobbs trade too much. This is a guy that was well-regarded coming into the 2017 draft as someone who has the ability and the tools to develop into a starter. The problem is that he hits UFA after 2020, and trading or releasing Foles before the beginning of the 2021 year would trigger a bigger dead cap hit than keeping him would. That said, there are still opportunities to get that fifth-round pick back with some showcasing in the preseason. This isn't a Carlos Hyde trade. He's not an aging player who was never going to return the value we spent on him. This is a young QB with brighter days ahead of him, and someone who would have been Roethlisberger's heir apparent had Rudolph not been available at a point where the Steelers thought he would be long gone.

If the Jaguars cut Dobbs as soon as Foles is back, well, then, yeah. They're idiots. But I don't see that. I see an inexpensive, young, well-regarded QB with the physical tools of a David Garrard type, and I'd definitely have given up a fifth-round pick for Garrard at just about any point in his Jaguars career.

I agree with mostly everything, I just don't see the team carrying 3 QBs on the active roster. If they go with 3 the rest of the season, unless they find a suitor for Foles (which they should keep him as insurance IMO), he will be let go in the offseason likely because again holding 3 QBs on the active is not the smartest use of the 53 roster. 

I guess it's a wait and see situation, and I wasn't saying the 5th was wasted because of Dobbs talent or anything like that. I just don't see him lasting on the roster as a number game type thing.

The biggest Denver mistake was Sanders going out of bounds with 1:48 left. If he stays in bounds the Jags have no time to do anything. Stupid move by an experienced WR. Thank you, Emmanuel!

The last TD looked like zone and Williams bit on the WR on the other side leaving Herndon with 0 help underneath taking that route away.

That whole series they played soft. They got beat when they played soft. QBs that are smart can eat up the soft zone without pressure. The DL is not getting there quick enough to play zone. Stop playing scared.

We have a QB now and an offense that can move the ball. Stop playing scared. Attack the offense with an aggressive approach. The offense can score to make up for any huge plays where they get beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In the second half, the aguars used offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi as an extra tight end. I remember the Titans doing this to the Jaguars a few years ago to turn a game around.

Given all the TE injuries and depth issues at the position over the past few years, I have consistently wondered why the Jags do not try it. Hopefully, they will keep in the arsenal.

(09-30-2019, 11:04 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I am smiling ear to ear right now.  First, Buffalo lost to New England, which means I won a wager with my obnoxious Bills fan buddy, which means he owes me a steak dinner!  Then, Indy lost and Houston lost.  Almost always good to see those guys lose.  Finally, we beat Denver today in a most thrilling fashion, which means we are in a four way tie for first (I know technically Houston has the lead over us, but wee’re all sitting at 2-2.  Oh yeah, my Bills fan buddy hates the Jaguars, so I’m glad he was wrong about that too.  I’m not a particularly big fan of modern music (more definitive proof I am in the old fart stage of life), but there are two songs that are running through my head on a continuous loop at the moment:  Ice Cube’s “Today was a good day,” and Pharrell’s “Happy!”  My thoughts on the game:

1.           I am now convinced Minshew is the real deal.  He has kept us reasonably competitive in all four of our games, and had us in position to win in Houston.  He had some plays today that showed his tremendous poise, toughness and grit.  The first was a play to Keelan Cole in the second half, where he scrambled around in the pocket, escapes to the right, stays behind the LOS  and completed a key 3rd down pass, and then later in that drive, in almost identical fashion, he scrambles inside the pocket and hits RB Ryquell Armstead for a TD.  Then, on the last drive of the game, Minshew took a hit low (which should have been flagged), endured the pain to his ankle, and had key completions to get the team down the field into Josh Lambo FG range.  Quality and depth at QB are no longer concerns, especially when Foles gets back.

2.           For a year and a quarter, leonard Fournette has taken a lot of abuse from a lot of people.  Many have demanded to know why he was drafted so highly.  People were calling him bust, and gave him derisive nicknames (“Three-point-four-nette”).  Most of last week was a nightmare from that perspective.  However, after having the second biggest single game rushing performance in team history behind only FT, I think for a little bit, he will quiet some of the naysayers.  He still may not have been worth the selection over Mahomes or Watson, but he came up huge today.

3.           Fans who want Ramsey traded away got a glimpse of what Jaguars life would be like without 20 at CB, and it wasn’t pretty.  Hopefully, this will spur the team to try to smooth things over with him and get him signed to a new deal.

4.           The offensive line was a mized bag.  I was afraid the tackles would have a rough game against two superb edge rushers with a loud home field advantage going in, and my fears were realized today.  Both tackles had a hard game containing Miller and Chubb, giving up at least four sacks, three to Miller and Chubb, and one to Chubb’s replacement.  They also had some five penalties between the two of them.  Cam Robinson came dangerously close to a personal foul penalty late in the game that might have kicked the team our of FG range, given the strong wind into which Lambo kicked.  I also thought Cann had a rough game too.  That said, if you are on an offensive line that generated over 350 yards rushing, the game can only be so bad.  I think the OL performance improved when Richardson was in for Cann.  Richardson got outside effectively when pulling.   While undoubtedly we will need better pass blocking from the tackles, today, at least, the offensive line looked good generating our first dominant running game in a while.

5.           I would be remiss if I unwittingly left the impression I thought the whole secondary struggled today in Ramsey;s absence.  While there was a noticeable drop in overall quality, I thought the secondary had some good performances.  Ronnie Harrison got an INT right before halftime that turned the game around.  AJ Bouye provided excellent coverage throughout the game.  Hayden provided a good pressure on the blitz and had a pass break up.  I also recall Wilson having a good play on a short pass.

6.           Lambo came though in fine style kicking under difficult conditions.  Today was another good game from the Special teams unit overall.

7.           Rookie Watch:

Josh Allen-Seemed pretty quiet today.

Jawaan Taylor-As I indicated above, he had a horrific day in pass protection.  Granted, it was against one of the best pass rushers in league history, but he has to block guys like that too.

Josh Oliver-Did not play

Quincy Williams-  He played, and struggled some in coverage, but there was nothing that really stuck out to me about him.

Ryquell Armstrong-  Had his most extensive action of the season, having 8 carries for 42 yards, along with the aforementioned TD recemption.  Considering how often he bobbled the ball in training camp, it’s kinda surprising to see him be the target for Minshew on that TD.  But I’m glad Minshew had the faith in him to make the play, and equally glad he came through for us.

Gardner Minshew-See above.  There will be more from me on him in another post to come.

Dontavious Russell-Did not see him play

Andrew Wingard-Replaced Harrison when Harrison got hurt earlier.  I think Minshew had a tackle, but did not otherwise stand out.

8.           I wonder how the game would have turned out had the refs called that ineligible receiver downfield on Denver on their first TD.

9.           Nice to see Lee, Cole, and Armstead all get their first catches of the season.  All three catches were critical to the victory.  Lee and Cole’s receptions extended second half drives.  Armstead scored the TD pass. 

10.         Speaking of receivers, after a rough outing against the tacks last week, DeDe Westbrook came back with a clutch reception and run on that last drive to get us close.  Conley had one too.  Chark had some nice catches, and had his 4th TD of the year negated by penalty.

11.         Though I have little doubt Ramsey’s absence played a role, I was kind of disappointed in the pass rush today.  With Denver, the front seven was facing an opponent that had one of the weakest offensive lines we will see all year, and we couldn’t get much pressure.  They did a respectable job against the run, but I didn’t get to see Flacco on his back or being scraped off the turf like I’d hoped.

12.  Bottom Line-We are 2-2 and still in the thick of things after a month.  Considering we have been playing with a rookie QB, that’s pretty much all we can ask.  Despite all that has gone wrong with Foles and Ramsey, it’s a testament to a lot of people that we are still sitting here ight in the middle of the fight for the division at this stage.  With all of the penalties and the losing fromlast year, there was a belief setting in that Marrone has lost the team.  Et for the team to win the last two (and should have beaten Houston) with a rookie lets me know the team hasn’t quit on Marrone yet.  De Filippo has called some pretty good games and has become increasingly popular here.  Minshew has been a gift to us thus far and has surpassed all of my expectations for him.  I take particular glee in telling my buddy that Minshew is already better than Bills’ QB Josh Allen, and him not being able to really rebut that.  But we still have a chance to do some good things!  That is most encouraging.

Great recap Bullseye. I needed a rest after that game. Pure Cardiac Cats.

1- I've been waiting for Minshew to hit that rookie wall, but the kid is not your typical 6th rounder, hes not a Kessler or Lee. This kid can play. He has confidence and his taking his shot. I'm basically falling in love with this kid! That scramble for the first TD was insane.

2- Fournette deserves a LOT of credit. Hes struggled to get going so far but hes been out there playing and so happy for him and the Oline that they got it going for a half. Made such a difference.

3- I think Ramsey made his point. I like Herndon but you cant just replace Ramsey level talent.

4- now Oline. First half, we were always 3rd and 8 or so and the Broncos were just teeing off on Minshew. Miller and Chubb took really wide routes which forced Taylor and Robinson to come out to meet them and play one on one. Plus it was meant to push Minshew back into the pocket where the rest of the DL would meet him. Getting the run going stopped that and Minshew trying to scramble.

6- we are so luck to have Lambo. No Myers and look around the league, plenty of teams need kickers.

12- 2-2 is the best we could hope for so far. After the Houston game we looked like a full blown dumpster fire but we've given ourselves a shot now.

Onto Carolina.

Thaks.

I'm sorry I was late posting it.  I was busy gloating against my buddy.

Regarding Minshew, I have been right there with you, and to a degree I am still waiting for it.  But I am enjoying the ride for all it's worth right now, and I know even if he hits the proverbial rookie wall and his performance plateaus a bit, I know he is capable of doing some very good things in this league.  For him to have two last minute come from behind drives to potentially win the game in his first three starts is incredible.

At this point, Fournette has runs of 90, 81, 75, and 69 yards.  He may not be the most elusive back, but you can't call him plodding.

I am thrilled with 2-2 at this stage.  I would have been reasonably content with that had Foles not gotten hurt.  but considering Foles got hurt in the first quarter of the first game, and we've been going with a rookie, thrilled is an apt description.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-30-2019, 06:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:04 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Great recap Bullseye. I needed a rest after that game. Pure Cardiac Cats.

Onto Carolina.

Thaks.

I'm sorry I was late posting it.  I was busy gloating against my buddy.

Regarding Minshew, I have been right there with you, and to a degree I am still waiting for it.  But I am enjoying the ride for all it's worth right now, and I know even if he hits the proverbial rookie wall and his performance plateaus a bit, I know he is capable of doing some very good things in this league.  For him to have two last minute come from behind drives to potentially win the game in his first three starts is incredible.

At this point, Fournette has runs of 90, 81, 75, and 69 yards.  He may not be the most elusive back, but you can't call him plodding.

I am thrilled with 2-2 at this stage.  I would have been reasonably content with that had Foles not gotten hurt.  but considering Foles got hurt in the first quarter of the first game, and we've been going with a rookie, thrilled is an apt description.

Oh you've got to get your gloat on when you can!!

I think Minshew has shown enough in his 4 games that we will have a tough decision when Foles is back. I just keep see him getting presented with challenges (first game replacement with no practice, weather against T*tans, @Denver) and he just takes them in his stride. It doesn't look too big or too quick for him. I think we may have struck lucky with him.

Really happy for Fournette, it's like that big run against the T*tans unclogged the drain for him. He was fantastic second half and if we can just get him around 100yds per game, that O looks a potent beast.

I was happy if we got through these first 7 games at 3-4, @Carolina Sunday, that looks more winnable than it did then the Saints at the Bank. We can make Bridgewater uncomfortable, we need to stop Kamara but this team has some momentum.

I don't think Foles will start again for the Jags. This is Minshew's team to lose.