Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Tight End Group, Week 5 report

Didn't exactly pan out like we thought it would in August.

Injuries played a big role in that. 

The other aspect is DeFilippo's commitment to F, Y, and H-Back roles for these guys.
As a result, the only guy getting significant looks in the passing game is the lone F position player, OShaughnessy. At least until Oliver is back which may be this week. 

Here's how these guys are being used:

Swaim - primary Y , in-line blocking player. Rarely will chip and then leak out on a route. 
O'Shauhnessy -  Primary F or "move TE" - occasional H-Back duty
DeValve -  Primary H-Back, Secondary Y  - good lead blocker out of the H
Oliver -  Will become the primary F tight end quickly when he's back for a week or two 

Out of these guys O'Shuaghnessy is starting to make the most of opportunities in the pass game,  and DeValve and Swaim are doing some quality blocking although Swaim needs to clean up the penalties. 

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...52833?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't wait to see Oliver play. He's very intriguing to say the least w/respect to his overall abilities and his upside. I'm hoping for big things from him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Already got him starting in fantasy. Anyone with 2 first names is goat

(10-03-2019, 04:25 PM)NH3 Wrote: I can't wait to see Oliver play. He's very intriguing to say the least w/respect to his overall abilities and his upside. I'm hoping for big things from him.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Fun fact for those eager to see Minshew > Oliver: 

The QB and TE were roommates throughout training camp. The chemistry may not take long to develop.

TE's for whatever reason seem to take quite a while to develop in the NFL. I would hope people's expectations for Oliver are reasonable, especially given the amount of time missed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It seems a bit odd to be so sure of small school rookie TE producing but I'm almost certain Oliver would have cooked these last few weeks.

That big contested catch receiver in the middle of the field is sorely missing

(10-04-2019, 01:10 AM)JackCity Wrote: It seems a bit odd to be so sure of small school rookie TE producing but I'm almost certain Oliver would have cooked these last few weeks.

That big contested catch receiver in the middle of the field is sorely missing

I was questioning your use of "small school" to characterize San Jose State, so I went to the internet, and looked up their 2018 schedule.   I saw they played Washington State last year.  Clicked on the highlights and there was our boy Minshew throwing and running for touchdowns.   WSU won 31-0.