Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This loss was on the defense. I am offically on the Fire Todd Wash bandwagon. (merged)

(10-07-2019, 07:53 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 07:47 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Wash needs to go, but what would be the solution mid season? It’s not like they are magically going to be coached into fitting gaps and making routine tackles mid season. This looks like a problem we going have to ride out till the season ends.

Fitting gaps is fixable. It just requires the players to stay disciplined

But who is going to take over?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 07:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-07-2019, 07:20 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Seemed like Jack was out of position a lot just from watching the game.

I don't thin the defense 'play calling' was bad.  Jack seems to be out of position a lot, which to me is more on the player(s).

I don't think Myles Jack is a fit at MLB at all; I think he's a WLB.  But that said, on McCaffrey's long TD run, Jack was moving to cover the TE.  If that was his actual assignment on that play, was he really out of position?  Or was it Ronnie Harrison and Quincy Williams that overran the play?  Or was it Darius and Campbell that failed to make the play?  I'm not sure, because I don't know the actual defensive assignments.  

It seemed like the Panthers knew how to scheme us out of our run fits.

One of the Panther players was quoted after the game saying they ran the same play over and over, and we never stopped it.  

There's something fundamentally wrong with our defense that includes the players, but might be more than that.

(10-07-2019, 07:47 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Wash needs to go, but what would be the solution mid season? It’s not like they are magically going to be coached into fitting gaps and making routine tackles mid season. This looks like a problem we going have to ride out till the season ends.

Dom Capers is on staff. He has a reputation as a smart DC. Maybe he can make some adjustments but that might involve moving Jack and promoting Najee Goode to starting MLB. He seems a more natural fit for the position. I know, it's not going to happen with Jack's new contract.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

the panthers ran the same run play over and over and over again, and you have some guys in there that don't think that that falls on Wash's shoulders? SMH. He is terrible. Needs to be gone ASAP.

(10-07-2019, 10:00 AM)rocdee Wrote: the panthers ran the same run play over and over and over again, and you have some guys in there that don't think that that falls on Wash's shoulders? SMH. He is terrible. Needs to be gone ASAP.

People love to be in denial in here, remember the Gene Smith era?

(10-07-2019, 10:00 AM)rocdee Wrote: the panthers ran the same run play over and over and over again, and you have some guys in there that don't think that that falls on Wash's shoulders? SMH. He is terrible. Needs to be gone ASAP.

Wash was outschemed for the second time this year. 
I won't defend him.  We're past that.
However, when you've got individual players repeatedly playing out of position and over-pursuing then what is the guy supposed to do?  Do you not think he was in their ear about it on the sideline?  I'm sure he saw it and alerted the guilty parties who continued to get fooled.
He gets blame, but the players do too.

something is wrong with this pathetic defense. They knew before the game who they had to stop and they let him run 174 yards anyway. Pathetic...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Myles Jack looks like the worst money we've spent in a long time. Not thrilled with Wash, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with an impulsive, undersized hothead playing out if position as my "Captain" of the Defense, if I were him.

(10-07-2019, 10:19 AM)Ronster Wrote: something is wrong with this pathetic defense. They knew before the game who they had to stop and they let him run 174  yards anyway. Pathetic...

That's literally the most saddening part of the entire game. They knew before the game they had one threat and they couldn't even do enough to contain or stop him. That game shouldn't have even been close.

I just look at our LB's. We had Telvin, Poz, Jack.

Then we lose Poz, move Jack inside, lose Telvin. 

Were missing Telvin a lot more than I thought. He was the leader of that D and got players going. It feels like that's ALL on Calais now.

And its things like we needed Jack to replace Poz but still do what he did as an OLB and with Telvin now gone we need Jack to replace him too and the kid looks overwhelmed at the moment.

Too much thinking and not just playing fast.

(10-07-2019, 10:37 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 10:19 AM)Ronster Wrote: something is wrong with this pathetic defense. They knew before the game who they had to stop and they let him run 174  yards anyway. Pathetic...

That's literally the most saddening part of the entire game. They knew before the game they had one threat and they couldn't even do enough to contain or stop him. That game shouldn't have even been close.

So does every other team and he's on Pace for 2700 all purpose yards.

You're so emotional.

You make a thread saying how bad the defense is one week and then another one the next week saying how great they are. Get a grip.

Boycott in 3, 2, 1.....
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-07-2019, 02:39 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

Boycott in 3, 2, 1.....
PEOPLE DON'T FORGET!

(10-07-2019, 09:09 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Dom Capers is on staff. He has a reputation as a smart DC. Maybe he can make some adjustments but that might involve moving Jack and promoting Najee Goode to starting MLB. He seems a more natural fit for the position. I know, it's not going to happen with Jack's new contract.

Since when do we have Dom Capers??? And what is his job? Get that man in as DC ASAP

The panthers apparently ran the same play over and over and over again because we couldn’t stop it. Great job D!

Quote: Turns out, it was the same play over and over.

“It’s kind of like this: Defenses call blitzes until you pick them up and we ran the same play until they could stop it,” Panthers left guard Greg Van Roten said. “And they didn’t. That was a good play for us. I don’t think we thought it was going to be that successful.”

“I don’t know if I’ve ever in my career heard the same play call so many times,” tight end Greg Olsen told reporters about running the play repeatedly.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/a...ssion=true
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-07-2019, 03:43 PM)knarnn Wrote: The panthers apparently ran the same play over and over and over again because we couldn’t stop it. Great job D!

Quote: Turns out, it was the same play over and over.

“It’s kind of like this: Defenses call blitzes until you pick them up and we ran the same play until they could stop it,” Panthers left guard Greg Van Roten said. “And they didn’t. That was a good play for us. I don’t think we thought it was going to be that successful.”

“I don’t know if I’ve ever in my career heard the same play call so many times,” tight end Greg Olsen told reporters about running the play repeatedly.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/a...ssion=true

Posted and discussed here:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1245623

8 plays for Bryan yesterday. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jagu...-analysis/

(10-07-2019, 06:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1181340585904525319?s=20

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...98656?s=20

Hmm, thanks for posting. I didn't hear about Dareus saying that? Where did you see that at?