Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lots of positives to be taken away from this game.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 06:27 PM by Jagsbch.)

Let’s at least have one thread devoted to the many positives to take out of what was a really exciting game. Defense kept us in the game till the last second, We need Ramsey back so we don’t have to put so much emphasis on shoring up our secondary without him there. Turnovers and penalties killed us, despite that there was so much positive action to relish despite the loss or the Panthers rushing onslaught. 

28 first downs, 
nearly 50% on 3rd down conversions 
we won the time of possession by nearly five minutes. 
Over 500 total yards
Fournette finally gets a TD and back to back games with 100 yards or more. He even got to tackle somebody! Ha
We scored in every quarter
Chark 164 yards and 2 TDS
Minshew over 400 yards today!
2 TDS 374 yards passing 7 carries for 42 yards rushing
Ngakoue finally got a sack, two sack total! Defense had three altogether!

Our punter and kicker at stellar.

We are still in the playoff hunt. Titans lost, Indy plays KC tonight. All is not lost!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With a run defense like that, there is no hope.

A change a defensive coordinator might help.

Wash was exposed today in a big way.

But to stay positive like then OP requested, it’s nice to know we have a WR1 now. Chark has to be leading the league in TD receptions, and top 5 in yards. I haven’t checked but the kid has earned my respect. His routes are very crisp and gives excellent separation for Minchew to get him the ball.

Fournette is running wild like he was supposed to since day 1. Finally nice to see him coming back to life. His combination of Size and Power and Speed are helping out the offense so much more.

Jack knocked McCaffrey pretty good. Good to see Jack flying around.

Really liked what I saw out of Goode. He’s got good speed too.

Herndon has an awesome diving interception that got called back. That was so cool.

Minchew is the real deal man! He makes our team exciting again. It makes you feel like Minchew Magic always gives us a chance to win.

We’re 2-3 but it feels good to be in every game and feel like other teams have to respect the passing game and running game.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 06:45 PM by Jagsbch.)

Panthers rushing game was an aberration to the overall picture.

We only allowed 68 rushing yards last week. 88 yards rushing the week before. Our four game average prior to this aberration has this rushing defense ranked in the top half of the leagues rushing defenses.

There is hope, we need Ramsey back so we can focus on the line more rather than focusing on shoring up the secondary without his presence there.

Your right.

The long runs is what hurt us.

first post here but have been a long time stalker of the board. I like the OP and agree some positives for sure numbers wise (that’s all I can base it on as over here I can’t watch the game. (The 2 early games they thought worth showing were the pats and ravens wins).Just a shame those last 2 drives couldn’t get the cash. A win at home next week leads us into bengals and jets. All winnable games imo. Nice to have Ramsey back to. Hopefully this Sunday.

I was watching in the trenches series last night. Man did Ramsey ever look mad as hell coming into camp without a new contract. This has been brewing for months now. TC is actually costing us games by not giving Ramsey his market value, respecting him. You dictate how people treat you, if you don’t value yourself no one will, Ramsey values himself enough to not allow this franchise to disrespect him, to exploit him. You have to walk a mile in the mans shoes. Pay Ramsey now! Make sure we get a couple offensive snaps in his contract. Minshew deep to Ramsey... TD!

Lol at positives in a loss

Chark. 8 catches, 163yds 2 TD's.

Kid is balling at the moment.

(10-06-2019, 07:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Chark. 8 catches, 163yds 2 TD's.

I think he actually had that 3rd TD too but a little too close to call

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 10:57 PM by Jagsbch.)

Shark Attack Week!

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/11808...99270?s=20

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/11809...20288?s=20

Ought to play this in the stadium when Chark scores. Shark attack

https://youtu.be/5tMqcARKRSE

(10-06-2019, 08:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 07:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Chark. 8 catches, 163yds 2 TD's.

I think he actually had that 3rd TD too but a little too close to call

I think he did too. The awareness to make that difficult a catch, get his feet in, realise he has a yard of space and try and make an extra play. That's just smart, aware play. Cant really teach that stuff.

So apparently NFL.com mentioned in their writeups of today's games that Carolina has one of the best pass defenses in the league. I did not know that. But if that's the case, that just makes me even more glad to see how Minshew and the receiving corps did today. Minshew and [BLEEP] Chark Week in particular give me hope for the future.

Fournette had over 100 yards again, right? Make of that what you will, but I'll call that a positive.

But it's hard to be excited, even about a close game like this, when your defense is giving away home runs like that. It's been a problem since 2017, and it's a problem still now. Hell of it is, i'm not sure if it's fixable with this coaching staff and the particular players they have on hand right now. I don't even know if having Ramsey on the field would have made much of a difference in stopping that run game today.

But since this is a thread about POSITIVES, the only reason I'm absolutely enjoying this season so far is because of Gardner [BLEEP] Minshew. i was happy to hear about Foles's signing months ago, because at LAST it felt like we were getting a decent quarterback. In Mr. Mania though? We might have more than just 'decent' at this point. I don't think this team is winning next week, but i'm looking forward to it anyway because Gardner is a baller, and I hope he keeps this up. It'd be awesome to see him win ROTY if such is even possible for a Jaguar to do in this league

(10-06-2019, 08:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 08:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think he actually had that 3rd TD too but a little too close to call

I think he did too. The awareness to make that difficult a catch, get his feet in, realise he has a yard of space and try and make an extra play. That's just smart, aware play. Cant really teach that stuff.

Was it Chark that stopped the clock by taking a forward motion with the ball going out of bounds? If you go backwards the clock keeps running.

(10-06-2019, 08:15 PM)Jagsbch Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 08:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I think he did too. The awareness to make that difficult a catch, get his feet in, realise he has a yard of space and try and make an extra play. That's just smart, aware play. Cant really teach that stuff.

Was it Chark that stopped the clock by taking a forward motion with the ball going out of bounds? If you go backwards the clock keeps running.

Lee's one catch was that case too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Denver apparently wasn't that bad.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 11:02 PM by Jagsbch.)

Player rankings so far today!
Minshew 4th ranked QB
Chark 4th ranked receiver
Ngakoue 6th in sacks
Fournette 6th RB
Lambo 9th leading kicker

https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/1...86944?s=20

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 10:56 PM by Jagsbch.)

If Minshew can get a top five ranking playing the number one passing defense in the league? Over 400 yards 2 TDS, should have been more, refs, etc...

https://twitter.com/KeepBlitzin/status/1...54337?s=20

(10-06-2019, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wash was exposed today in a big way.
I dom't know if Wash was exposed today.

Run defense has always been a weakness with this defense since Bradley-Wash has been here.

Here are the run defense rankings since 2013:

29th in 2013
27th in 2014
15th in 2015
19th in 2016
21st in 2017
19th in 2018
and after today's game we are roughly 26th-tonight's game has not been factored into the stats on NFL.com

Even our glory year of 2017, we were weak vs. the run, and the defense has surrendered 200 yard rushing games against the Jets (of all teams), the tacks, Dallas, and today.  Three of those games were after Marcell Dareus was acquired.  Poz was there for all of those poor rankings except 2018 and this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!