Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Colts really just beat the Chiefs.. bruh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1st mistake: Clots not Colts

2nd mistake: already discussed in the Week 5 thread

Frank Reich is likely the best HC in the AFCS.

He gameplans. He instills confidence. He runs the ball and plays defense but doesn't neglect the passing game.
Jags are going to have their hands full with the colts this year.

(10-07-2019, 12:06 AM)enigma Wrote: 1st mistake: Clots not Colts

You must be really fun at parties

(10-07-2019, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Frank Reich is likely the best HC in the AFCS.

He gameplans. He instills confidence.  He runs the ball and plays defense but doesn't neglect the passing game.
Jags are going to have their hands full with the colts this year.

I was afraid this would happen when McDaniels pulled out of the Indy job.

Belichick screwed us again!

Grrr!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Are any of the Colts DBs better than Jalen Ramsey?

(10-07-2019, 07:57 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Are any of the Colts DBs better than Jalen Ramsey?

Hooker is a safety, but an absolute stud.

Pretty wild their defense held them to 13 without Darius Leonard, Hooker, and Geathers. Really highlights how bad our defensive coaching is.

This is what happens when you focus on buidling your offensive line and then actually coaching them.

They've certainly done a damn good job rebuilding that football team over the last three years. Credit to Brisett too now at the QB position. He's stepped up for this team.

Not to take anything away from their win but Frank Reich IS an Andy Reid / Doug Pederson guy. So he should know and see the tendencies and trends that they like to put on display offensively. It's not really that much of a surprise. Eric Mangini has beat Bill Belicheck before. And I think Josh McDaniels even pulled out a win against Bill Belicheck during his brief stint with the Broncos.

Sometimes the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. And sometimes that apple defies gravity and snaps the branch back.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-07-2019, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They've certainly done a damn good job rebuilding that football team over the last three years. Credit to Brisett too now at the QB position. He's stepped up for this team.

Not to take anything away from their win but Frank Reich IS an Andy Reid / Doug Pederson guy. So he should know and see the tendencies and trends that they like to put on display offensively. It's not really that much of a surprise. Eric Mangini has beat Bill Belicheck before. And I think Josh McDaniels even pulled out a win against Bill Belicheck during his brief stint with the Broncos.

Sometimes the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. And sometimes that apple defies gravity and snaps the branch back.

He sure did. In 2009. Remember it like yesterday. Same year the pats got knocked out by the ravens in the first game of the playoffs

(10-07-2019, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They've certainly done a damn good job rebuilding that football team over the last three years. Credit to Brisett too now at the QB position. He's stepped up for this team.

Pretty sure Frank never worked with Andy Reid. He came in with Tony Dungy via his former GM from his playing days.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019, 10:28 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-09-2019, 10:22 PM)Indy2Jax Wrote:

Pretty sure Frank never worked with Andy Reid. He came in with Tony Dungy via his former GM from his playing days.
He worked with Doug. Doug worked with Reid. It all branches out naturally of course but the core approach and fundamentals are typically there.

It's no different than Coughlin owning Belichick head to head in two Superbowl wins. They both came from Bill Parcell's tree.

I guess you could say they're more like "cousins" on the coaching tree rather than "brothers". If that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Andy's tree. [Image: 33ad8ad059cc6c32b4d85ec53adfa94b.jpg]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Kind of like the Oracle of Bacon...

Week to week league

(10-09-2019, 10:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 10:22 PM)Indy2Jax Wrote: Pretty sure Frank never worked with Andy Reid. He came in with Tony Dungy via his former GM from his playing days.
He worked with Doug. Doug worked with Reid. It all branches out naturally of course but the core approach and fundamentals are typically there.

It's no different than Coughlin owning Belichick head to head in two Superbowl wins. They both came from Bill Parcell's tree.

I guess you could say they're more like "cousins" on the coaching tree rather than "brothers". If that makes sense.

Andy's tree. [Image: 33ad8ad059cc6c32b4d85ec53adfa94b.jpg]

That is a damn impressive tree. Wilks is the only failure on it.

Maybe Bienemy's the guy if Marrone doesn't do enough to return?

I watched this game and thought Mahomes was off most of the night and seemed frustrated. Also they only ran the ball like 15 times total.... Reid knows better than that.
I don't think the clots did anything special.

Also... when we played the Chiefs they were at full strength (they weren't v the clots) and we got torched all day by Watkins who has seemingly fell off since (and was injured and taken out of clots game in 1st Q)

No one is unbeatable in this league. And the Chiefs had a rough outing against a fairly good clots team.
But I'm willing to bet the Chiefs win that game 8 out of 10 times.

Your mistake: clots, not Clots

We dont capitalize for clots, tinhorns, or tittians around these parts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-12-2019, 07:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Your mistake: clots, not Clots

We dont capitalize for clots, tinhorns, or tittians around these parts.

You’re damn right we don’t!

tinhorns beat em too....

the chefs are beatable, just not by us lol