Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE

(10-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The problem with Myles Jack is that they put entirely too much on his plate early. I think a lot of people forget, including myself sometimes, that he's still young. He just turned 24 just before the start of the season. He was really rotated back and forth at UCLA between LB and RB and then he tore his knee up in 2015 and ended up being an early 2nd RD pick (that was touted as 1st RD talent) during the 2016 draft.

He only had TWO decent years of experience in college at LB and some of his learning was hindered by being depended upon to carry it on offense at RB. And then the injury obviously sets him back another year for experience. He still has a lot of learning to do. I don't mind his contract extension. I think they went ahead and sealed the deal with him after Jerry Jones went all in on Jaylon Smith.

Makes sense on paper. Especially with him being 24 years old. What we're seeing this year is just a general lack of overall experience on defense virtually across the entire back end. It's hard enough to play any position in the NFL. It's especially harder when you lack a veteran presence that's been around the block for years on end.

We went from Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church, Smith & Posluszny to Herndon, Bouye, Harrison, Wilson, Williams & Alexander/Jacobs all within a year in a half. It's a combination of him having to think but also trying to over compensate at his position where he's also having to rely on four other guys with very, very limited experience behind him or around him. I hope they turn it around. I really do.

It's frustrating that Ramsey has chosen to show his [BLEEP]. Just like Telvin Smith decided to show his [BLEEP] during the off season and essentially force this front office to address his position by investing a decent 3rd RD pick at his position. He essentially cost his team a potential addition to the offense or other area of need on defense. And that's AFTER he got paid and UNDER performed last year at his position.

Maybe they could have traded back without that need for another LB six months ago. They could have added more depth to the offensive line. It's too early to tell right now if whether or not Williams will pan out or if another impact player will emerge at a different position of need. But it's that kind of attitude that's really hurt this team.

And finally, when they appear to have found a QB in Minshew. These guys are not around to hold up their end of the bargain. But they were all in with Blake "I Love Budlight More Than Football" Bortles just a year or two ago. I think we've seen a lot of growing pains. But I am slowly starting to side back with Coughlin, Marrone, Caldwell & Khan with what they've tried to accomplish here.

Need more team players. And less divas. I'll be glad when they trade Jalen Ramsey off and he's unhappy at his next destination. I'll be glad when Telvin Smith is off the roster for good. They don't want to be here. I know a lot of fans are divided over that. But I am not. It's a team sport. Not a me sport. Get what you can get out of him. Add some more high character guys. High effort guys. I'll take Josh Allen, Yannick Ngakoue, Ronnie Harrison, Quincy Williams, Dawuane Smoot & Myles Jack over Jalen Ramsey all day, every day.

Jack had 68 total carries in 29 college games (38 as a FR, 28 as a SO, and 2 in his 3 game JR season). He didn't even play RB that much, you guys are way over blowing that.. He only had 69 total plays on Offense in those 29 games.

He did rotate around on the Defense though, depending on the match ups. He played multiple LBs spots, CB (inside and outside) and Safety in college. They loved to match him up against other team's best players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-07-2019, 10:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The problem with Myles Jack is that they put entirely too much on his plate early. I think a lot of people forget, including myself sometimes, that he's still young. He just turned 24 just before the start of the season. He was really rotated back and forth at UCLA between LB and RB and then he tore his knee up in 2015 and ended up being an early 2nd RD pick (that was touted as 1st RD talent) during the 2016 draft.

He only had TWO decent years of experience in college at LB and some of his learning was hindered by being depended upon to carry it on offense at RB. And then the injury obviously sets him back another year for experience. He still has a lot of learning to do. I don't mind his contract extension. I think they went ahead and sealed the deal with him after Jerry Jones went all in on Jaylon Smith.

Makes sense on paper. Especially with him being 24 years old. What we're seeing this year is just a general lack of overall experience on defense virtually across the entire back end. It's hard enough to play any position in the NFL. It's especially harder when you lack a veteran presence that's been around the block for years on end.

We went from Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church, Smith & Posluszny to Herndon, Bouye, Harrison, Wilson, Williams & Alexander/Jacobs all within a year in a half. It's a combination of him having to think but also trying to over compensate at his position where he's also having to rely on four other guys with very, very limited experience behind him or around him. I hope they turn it around. I really do.

It's frustrating that Ramsey has chosen to show his [BLEEP]. Just like Telvin Smith decided to show his [BLEEP] during the off season and essentially force this front office to address his position by investing a decent 3rd RD pick at his position. He essentially cost his team a potential addition to the offense or other area of need on defense. And that's AFTER he got paid and UNDER performed last year at his position.

Maybe they could have traded back without that need for another LB six months ago. They could have added more depth to the offensive line. It's too early to tell right now if whether or not Williams will pan out or if another impact player will emerge at a different position of need. But it's that kind of attitude that's really hurt this team.

And finally, when they appear to have found a QB in Minshew. These guys are not around to hold up their end of the bargain. But they were all in with Blake "I Love Budlight More Than Football" Bortles just a year or two ago. I think we've seen a lot of growing pains. But I am slowly starting to side back with Coughlin, Marrone, Caldwell & Khan with what they've tried to accomplish here.

Need more team players. And less divas. I'll be glad when they trade Jalen Ramsey off and he's unhappy at his next destination. I'll be glad when Telvin Smith is off the roster for good. They don't want to be here. I know a lot of fans are divided over that. But I am not. It's a team sport. Not a me sport. Get what you can get out of him. Add some more high character guys. High effort guys. I'll take Josh Allen, Yannick Ngakoue, Ronnie Harrison, Quincy Williams, Dawuane Smoot & Myles Jack over Jalen Ramsey all day, every day.

Jack had 68 total carries in 29 college games (38 as a FR, 28 as a SO, and 2 in his 3 game JR season). He didn't even play RB that much, you guys are way over blowing that.. He only had 69 total plays on Offense in those 29 games.

He did rotate around on the Defense though, depending on the match ups. He played multiple LBs spots, CB (inside and outside) and Safety in college. They loved to match him up against other team's best players.
Either way. You further proved my point. To say Jack was "raw" coming out of college is a gross understatement. There was a good stretch where they primarily ran him on the offense as a freshman though towards the end of the year.

He's a young, talented athlete that played all over the field on both sides and had he been left alone at one position there's a good chance they never land him in 2016's draft the way they did.

We're lucky in that sense. They've certainly committed to him though. I think this year it's just growing pains on defense across the board. They could turn it around potentially starting this Sunday or it may very well take them until next year.

But there's hope and plenty of potential there with #44. Still early. Just interested to see where Todd Wash ends up after this year. He may not be back in Jacksonville if he sees an opportunity to leave or if Marrone wants to go in a different direction [possibly by November, similar to how he handled Nathaniel Hackett last year].

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The ole Jake n' Bake
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-07-2019, 10:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 10:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Jack had 68 total carries in 29 college games (38 as a FR, 28 as a SO, and 2 in his 3 game JR season). He didn't even play RB that much, you guys are way over blowing that.. He only had 69 total plays on Offense in those 29 games.

Either way. You further proved my point. To say Jack was "raw" coming out of college is a gross understatement. There was a good stretch where they primarily ran him on the offense as a freshman though towards the end of the year.

He's a young, talented athlete that played all over the field on both sides and had he been left alone at one position there's a good chance they never land him in 2016's draft the way they did.

We're lucky in that sense. They've certainly committed to him though. I think this year it's just growing pains on defense across the board. They could turn it around potentially starting this Sunday or it may very well take them until next year.

But there's hope and plenty of potential there with #44. Still early. Just interested to see where Todd Wash ends up after this year. He may not be back in Jacksonville if he sees an opportunity to leave or if Marrone wants to go in a different direction [possibly by November, similar to how he handled Nathaniel Hackett last year].

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

His 38 carries broke down as followed over the final 5 games of that 2013 season. He didn't have a carry at RB until week 9 that season.

week 9 - 6 carries, 120 yards, 1 TD.
10 - 13 carries, 59 yards, 4 TD.
11 - 16 carries, 86 yards, 1 TD.
12 - 2 carries, 2 yards, 1 TD.
13 - 1 carry, 0 yards.

In 2014 his 28 carries were spread out among 9 of the 13 games.

week 2 - 3 carries, 7 yards, 1 TD.
3 - 5 carries, 14 yards.
4 - 2 carries, 2 yards.
6 - 3 carries, 14 yards.
7 - 2 carries, 18 yards.
8 - 1 carry, 3 yards, 1 TD.
9 - 6 carries, 13 yards.
10 - 4 carries, 38 yards, 1 TD.
11 - 2 carries, 4 yards. 1 reception for 8 yards.

Whenever he lined up on Offense (69 total times in 29 games), he got the ball every time. 68 carries and 1 reception. So it's not like he was constantly playing two ways. He wasn't burning himself out by running routes/being a decoy on Offense. It was pretty known, if he went into the game on Offense, he was 100% getting the ball.

But yes, had they just kept him at one spot on Defense, he'd likely be much farther along in his development, but I get it. Having a guy that could line up at LB for one play, then go outside and lock up a WR on the next play is a huge luxury at the College level. Not so ideal at the NFL level, because now you can't just use your freak talent/athletic advantage. Considering everybody at the NFL level are basically freaks of nature lol.

Quincey has made a couple of relaly big hit this year, but the guy just isnt an NFL ready linebacker yet. It got to a point when watching the game yesterday that my brother and I just had to laugh at how poorly he was whiffing on mccaffery. I know CMC is one of the best and most agile backs in the game but Quincey wasnt even close most of the time. So hopefully Ryan will be back soon and we can figure out some sort of rotation to get Q off the field until he can develop a little more. Also, I've been very impressed with Leon Jacobs play for the most part this year. Hes been the bright spot of our linebacking core.

(10-07-2019, 11:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Quincey has made a couple of relaly big hit this year, but the guy just isnt an NFL ready linebacker yet. It got to a point when watching the game yesterday that my brother and I just had to laugh at how poorly he was whiffing on mccaffery. I know CMC is one of the best and most agile backs in the game but Quincey wasnt even close most of the time. So hopefully Ryan will be back soon and we can figure out some sort of rotation to get Q off the field until he can develop a little more. Also, I've been very impressed with Leon Jacobs play for the most part this year. Hes been the bright spot of our linebacking core.

The entire Defense was whiffing when trying to tackle McCaffrey.. He was literally shaking everybody out of their shoes and making them tackle air. He does that to everybody he plays against. The dude is just flat out good.. Like really [BLEEP] good.

(10-07-2019, 03:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unlike Jake Ryan who is a pure MLB, Myles Jack played outside LB/RB in college. Now we expect Ryan to play OLB and Jack to play MLB. We've got too many guys playing out of position. If we were smart, when Ryan returned, we'd have him playing MLB and move Jack to WLB, but that will never happen.

Yeah 10000000000000000000000000000x this. They did the same crap with Linder.... I wish they'd just play the guys where they naturally fit. Its one thing to have them "learn" the position so if an injury occurs, they can step in on the fly, but not as a full time gig.

(10-08-2019, 03:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 03:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unlike Jake Ryan who is a pure MLB, Myles Jack played outside LB/RB in college. Now we expect Ryan to play OLB and Jack to play MLB. We've got too many guys playing out of position. If we were smart, when Ryan returned, we'd have him playing MLB and move Jack to WLB, but that will never happen.

Yeah 10000000000000000000000000000x this. They did the same crap with Linder.... I wish they'd just play the guys where they naturally fit. Its one thing to have them "learn" the position so if an injury occurs, they can step in on the fly, but not as a full time gig.

Another concern now though is the extension Jack was given. They're extending him based on market value at ILB Vs. OLB. So if they move him back to that side next year where does this put the team at down the road? Same can be said for Linder. They extended him based on his market value at the Center position. If you kick him out to Guard what happens down the road? 

It's an interesting situation to be in. I think because of that though they'll just keep on keepin' on with how they have them installed. I was honestly a big fan of Shatley at Center a year or two ago. All the issues they saw with Cann and having to fill his role out with Richardson could have been potentially avoided by rolling with Shatley at Center and moving Linder back out to begin with. 

We'll see down the road soon enough. This is ultimately what caused the tinhorns and Clowney to hit a speed bump. They were trying to short change him in the market by a few million dollars by tagging him as an OLB instead of a DE and the numbers showed that he spent probably 70% of his time last year being productive at the DE position. Pretty dirty tactics there. I am sure they have their reasons. But I found that interesting.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-08-2019, 11:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 03:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yeah 10000000000000000000000000000x this. They did the same crap with Linder.... I wish they'd just play the guys where they naturally fit. Its one thing to have them "learn" the position so if an injury occurs, they can step in on the fly, but not as a full time gig.

Another concern now though is the extension Jack was given. They're extending him based on market value at ILB Vs. OLB. So if they move him back to that side next year where does this put the team at down the road? Same can be said for Linder. They extended him based on his market value at the Center position. If you kick him out to Guard what happens down the road? 

It's an interesting situation to be in. I think because of that though they'll just keep on keepin' on with how they have them installed. I was honestly a big fan of Shatley at Center a year or two ago. All the issues they saw with Cann and having to fill his role out with Richardson could have been potentially avoided by rolling with Shatley at Center and moving Linder back out to begin with. 

We'll see down the road soon enough. This is ultimately what caused the tinhorns and Clowney to hit a speed bump. They were trying to short change him in the market by a few million dollars by tagging him as an OLB instead of a DE and the numbers showed that he spent probably 70% of his time last year being productive at the DE position. Pretty dirty tactics there. I am sure they have their reasons. But I found that interesting.

I just chalk it up to being another blunder by the front office.