Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stats through 5 weeks

(10-08-2019, 09:31 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 07:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Still clinging.  

Wow.

My man, we been debating each other for years and despite our disagreements i have a trmendous respect not only for your analysis but the way you regulate the behaviors of others on this site. Having said all of that, i'm good with Blake no longer being the Quarterback for this team and the divorce between him and the franchise need to happen for both parties. I was wrong about Blake and i admit my mistake on him previously on here but i'm not going to act like I need to continue to bash him to appreciate what Minshew has brought to this team. Again, we can be excited about Minshew and everything else he brought to this franchise without having to diss or put out misinformed information about the previous QB for this franchise because all i want is to be fair on anything we discussed Jaguars related.

Thanks for the kind words. Your points are taken.

I was just surprised that Bortles became part of the discussion. Seemed unnecessary.  I made no attempt to bash him or even reference him.

I maintain that if our offense in 2017 were as efficient moving the ball as the current incarnation, we may have won the trophy. 

Let's move on if we can, please, and let this thread focus on 2019 production.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So in others we are just having Ramsey back away from taking it all the way?

(10-08-2019, 11:46 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: So in others we are just having Ramsey back away from taking it all the way?

No.

We are missing a functional run defense, we are overly penalized, and we are fifth worst in the league in turnover ratio. 

Missing your best corner hurts too.

(10-08-2019, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 11:46 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: So in others we are just having Ramsey back away from taking it all the way?

No.

We are missing a functional run defense, we are overly penalized, and we are fifth worst in the league in turnover ratio. 

Missing your best corner hurts too.

Wouldn't mind having Telvin back too.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 12:31 PM by Jagsbch.)

Prior to this game we held both teams to less than a 100 yards. 68 And 88 is all we allowed both games. Our average the past four prior games was just over a hundred yards. That rushing defense ranked in the top half of the league. Our run defense ought not be measured by one game.

(10-08-2019, 12:31 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Prior to this game we held both teams to less than a 100 yards. 68 And 88 is all we allowed both games. Our average the past four prior games was just over a hundred yards. That rushing defense ranked in the top half of the league. Our run defense ought not be measured by one game.

KC ran for 113 yards on us. 
We are averaging 136 yards allowed per game. 
Allowing a league worst 5.5 yards per carry.

Jagsbch still posting crap lol.

Go back to your other teams

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 12:50 PM by Jagsbch.)

We can do without the personal attacks.

New York, I get how throwing in the last game into the stats makes us look horrible, but what part of looking at the defense prior to facing the number one RB in the league do you have a rough time grasping? Just over a hundred yards rushing... 68 yards, 88yards the two games before we got exposed in the secondary with Ramsey out of the picture. With him back it’s on to being back in the top half of the league rushing defense wise. Clinging to the sky is falling logic with this rushing defense is asinine IMO as long as we can get Ramsey back. Otherwise we may certainly be doomed. Wake up FO

(10-08-2019, 12:49 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: We can do without the personal attacks.

New York,  I get how throwing in the last game into the stats makes us look horrible, but what part of looking at the defense prior to facing the number one RB in the league do you have a rough time grasping? Just over a hundred yards rushing... 68 yards, 88yards the two games before we got exposed in the secondary with Ramsey out of the picture. With him back it’s on to being back in the top half of the league rushing defense wise. Clinging to the sky is falling logic with this rushing defense is asinine IMO as long as we can get Ramsey back. Otherwise we may certainly be doomed. Wake up FO
Ramsey plays zero part in the rush defense.

This team needs to be better against the run and it's asinine to not acknowledge it.

(10-08-2019, 12:49 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: We can do without the personal attacks.

New York,  I get how throwing in the last game into the stats makes us look horrible, but what part of looking at the defense prior to facing the number one RB in the league do you have a rough time grasping? Just over a hundred yards rushing... 68 yards, 88yards the two games before we got exposed in the secondary with Ramsey out of the picture. With him back it’s on to being back in the top half of the league rushing defense wise. Clinging to the sky is falling logic with this rushing defense is asinine IMO as long as we can get Ramsey back. Otherwise we may certainly be doomed. Wake up FO

I'm not doing the bolded at all. 

I simply see very plainly the degree to which our front seven are being manipulated into playing out of position and over pursuing. 

It's happened against the two best teams we've faced. And N.O. will see that and follow suit.

Ramsey has VERY, VERY little to do with this problem. 
He will bail out a linebacker's whiff one or two times per game by coming up in run support, but he isn't part of the run defense issue.

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...86625?s=20

Ramsey has very little to do with us getting torched by the run this weekend? How in the hell can people be so closed minded to the nuances of the game that dictate the back half of the front seven responsible for stopping the run, being forced to make up for Ramsey’s absence to prevent us from getting torched through the the air like we were in Denver?

Having the strongest link of our defensive chain missing had everything to do with us getting torched on the ground IMO!

(10-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Ramsey has very little to do with us getting torched by the run this weekend? How in the hell can people be so closed minded to the nuances of the game that dictate the back half of the front seven responsible for stopping the run, being forced to make up for Ramsey’s absence to prevent us from getting torched through the the air like we were in Denver?

Having the strongest link of our defensive chain missing had  everything to do with us getting torched on the ground IMO!

fiction

they didn't do that at all

There weren't any linebackers trying to make up for Ramsey's absence.  They had their hands full with McCaffery. 
Herndon played Ramsey's spot pretty well considering.  Myles Jack and Quincy Williams didn't alter their approach, they just sucked at staying home and filling their gaps because they over pursue and get fooled by misdirection easily.

Yeah LBs play no role whatsoever in the passing game. Their sole purpose of existence is to stop the run! LMAO

(10-08-2019, 01:58 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Yeah LBs play no role whatsoever in the passing game. Their sole purpose of existence is to stop the run! LMAO

^

*abandons original premise and moves goalposts when shown to be nonsensical

(10-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Ramsey has very little to do with us getting torched by the run this weekend? How in the hell can people be so closed minded to the nuances of the game that dictate the back half of the front seven responsible for stopping the run, being forced to make up for Ramsey’s absence to prevent us from getting torched through the the air like we were in Denver?

Having the strongest link of our defensive chain missing had  everything to do with us getting torched on the ground IMO!

Well, Rockstar, we used our eyes, and we didn't see any of the big running plays going towards the edge. They were up the middle.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 02:44 PM by Jagsbch.)

It was obvious to me that this LBing Corp was preoccupied with making up for Ramsey’s absence. The mental errors arose IMO from trying to do two things at once!

https://youtu.be/pjEYtK3Bwh0

Dog.... What?

Can you name me some corners who are crucial in run stopping? McCaffery ran 83 yards untouched..... Not to the side Ramsey would have been playing on. So Ramsey would have ran him down FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD?!

If the strongest link in our defense was a LB or DT, then I could understand. But to say the rush defense is weak because we didn't have Ramsey makes zero sense.