Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Saints Come Marching In

Just came from the Saints forum. It's pretty hilarious over there. They think Bridgewater is the real deal because he just had a good game vs the Bucs ??.

I wanted to join the forum and ask them if they really think our DBs are the same level as the Bucs? They are all talking so much crap about how McCaffery ran all over us and and how Michael Thomas will have another great game this week. I don't think they understand how much better our defense is with Ramsey playing. Hopefully he shadows MT and shuts him down just like Hopkins.

Needless to say, I am REALLY looking foward to this game now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2019, 10:48 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Just came from the Saints forum. It's pretty hilarious over there. They think Bridgewater is the real deal because he just had a good game vs the Bucs ??.

I wanted to join the forum and ask them if they really think our DBs are the same level as the Bucs? They are all talking so much crap about how McCaffery ran all over us and and how Michael Thomas will have another great game this week. I don't think they understand how much better our defense is with Ramsey playing. Hopefully he shadows MT and shuts him down just like Hopkins.

Well if we don't get better with gap discipline, Kamara will have a career day. There is no denying that, he's very good and he will burn you. Ramsey is good, but who knows how well he will play after a 2 week absence, maybe the back issue is legit? Time will tell, I have a feeling this game will get away from us early though. Our defense is nowhere near as good as the 2017/2018 unit was and NO is still a top 8 team without Brees in there, which is scary.

Having an OL that provides the QB a little extra time to make his reads can transform a mediocre QB into a star performer. NO’s OL is one of the NFL’s best. Bridgewater is benefitting from that protection. Our recent defensive meltdown doesn’t bolster my confidence that we can slow down their running attack or their passing attack. Unless our defense can correct the mistakes and reduce the penalties, I can foresee another high scoring effort from our opponent. As effective as Minshew and the offense has been, I can’t see them matching the offensive firepower of the Saints this week.

I see Minshew continuing to evade pressure behind middling or worse protection to the tune of 280 yards and 2 TDs.
Fournette gets rolling late in the game again and winds up with 130 all purpose yards.

Defensively, I think we struggle to contain Kamara and maybe Thomas as well if Ramsey is out.

24-20 saints is my prediction if Ramsey sits. 23-20 Jags if Ramsey plays and plays well enough to limit Thomas.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 11:18 AM by scottyg.)

(10-09-2019, 06:26 PM)Ole Saint Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 05:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Sorry to keep bringing it up but with the Saints coming to Jacksonville, it allows us to remember the greatest ending to an NFL game.

2003, anyone else remember? Saints, down by 7, last play, try the endless laterals, score a TD (of course) and miss the PAT.

You're leaving out the best part...if the Saints win that game we go to the playoffs...the bad ol days...

Here's another perspective...  If the Saints win that game, we would have drafted Larry Fitzgerald.  Instead we drafted Reggie Williams.

I don't remember any of the details, but I dreamed last night that we beat the Saints. I'm going to start celebrating early if y'all don't mind.

Oliver and Ramey listed as limited again for today's practice:

[Image: EGhpRmCWwAAW0qC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

(10-10-2019, 11:14 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 06:26 PM)Ole Saint Wrote: You're leaving out the best part...if the Saints win that game we go to the playoffs...the bad ol days...

Here's another perspective...  If the Saints win that game, we would have drafted Larry Fitzgerald.  Instead we drafted Reggie Williams.

I don't remember any of the details, but I dreamed last night that we beat the Saints.  I'm going to start celebrating early if y'all don't mind.

I don't like this game any more.

If Ramsey is going to play one more game this year this needs be the one

How long has Oliver been out? It’s like his hamstring was detached from the bone or something.

(10-10-2019, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oliver and Ramey listed as limited again for today's practice:

Not trying to stir anything but seen Lee has had a few scheduled days off lately. Where are we at with him? Had a handful of plays the last few games, is he still getting fully healthy or is he just behind Chark and Dede at the moment?

(10-10-2019, 02:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oliver and Ramey listed as limited again for today's practice:

Not trying to stir anything but seen Lee has had a few scheduled days off lately. Where are we at with him? Had a handful of plays the last few games, is he still getting fully healthy or is he just behind Chark and Dede at the moment?
Chark, Dede and Conley.

Lee has always been "just a guy".

(10-10-2019, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 02:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Not trying to stir anything but seen Lee has had a few scheduled days off lately. Where are we at with him? Had a handful of plays the last few games, is he still getting fully healthy or is he just behind Chark and Dede at the moment?
Chark, Dede and Conley.

Lee has always been "just a guy".

Yup. He had talent coming out of USC but injuries have derailed his career. Now 5-6 years older he has been surpassed in talent by the younger guys.

He has a role on the team, but it's depth.

(10-10-2019, 02:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Lee has been used a lot in the run game as a blocker actually.  It notice it 5 or 6 times a game when I watch the all22 and I'm sure it happens more than that. 

Flip said they are working him into the passing game slowly 2 weeks ago. Should be on the same page as Minshew by now. He'll start getting some targets soon. 

The vet day off is smart coming off of the knee surgery/rehab.

(10-10-2019, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 11:14 AM)scottyg Wrote: Here's another perspective...  If the Saints win that game, we would have drafted Larry Fitzgerald.  Instead we drafted Reggie Williams.

I don't remember any of the details, but I dreamed last night that we beat the Saints.  I'm going to start celebrating early if y'all don't mind.

I don't like this game any more.

Yeah, one of the afternoon 1010XL guys ruined it the other day.  Said we were trying to move up to get Fitz in that draft.  Wouldn't have had to move if we had lost one more game.

(10-09-2019, 10:48 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Just came from the Saints forum. It's pretty hilarious over there. They think Bridgewater is the real deal because he just had a good game vs the Bucs ??.

So you go to a Saints forum and they are confident regarding their team? Shocker! The Jaguars may beat us Sunday, but we've beaten better teams than the Jaguars, on the road, with Teddy playing......

Tackle Kamara and we have a chance or its McCaffrey all over again.
No Fun

This is going to be their trap game.
No pain, no gain.

(10-10-2019, 05:16 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This is going to be their trap game.

We are favourites

(10-10-2019, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:16 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This is going to be their trap game.

We are favourites

In Vegas yes; all the expert picks are going Saints

From DeFilippo's presser yesterday:

Part of run game is wearing down defense and breaking big runs later. We need to start faster, but I'm proud of the guys staying with it.

Our guys believe that we're never out of the game. Trust and communication are good right now.

Play action importance: Any time you can get the defense's eyes in another place - that's good. The run game getting hot of late does help. Giving our bigger guys on the outside a bit more time and space to work equals advantage Jaguars.

DJ Chark doubled? We anticipate that. Don't know how the saints will play hm, but they may bracket. Love our skill players. We have playmakers if teams bracket one guy. We will win the one on ones elsewhere.

Leonard's long runs? We saw the first guy miss a tackle and his yards after contact are up there. Runs with a good pad level for a guy his size. It's not always clean in the run game.

Saints defensive front: They are really good. Great job of rotating talent. Lots of speed to power. 56 is a good blitzing backer you have to count as part of that front.

QB Ball security:
We stress it. Scott did some good pocket movement drills with him yesterday. We don't want to make him a robot. I think it will improve.

Lattimore: A darn good cover guy. Fast and physical.