Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey Updates (merged)

What a diva. Can't understand how anyone can support him at this point. Worst kind of teammate. At this point I'd much rather we sit him on the bench for the next two years, waste his prime, ban him from the stadium so he won't be any kind of distraction, and fine him so he doesnt collect any money.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But in case some of you (who are so worried about my thoughts) are curious, this is what I posted yesterday.

"This whole situation sucks. I'm not going to sit here and say it's awesome because it sucks. Putting him on IR is a terrible move because it doesn't help the team. Trading him now sucks because it doesn't help the team in the short term. Him sitting out every game sucks because it doesn't help the team.

To the dismay of everyone on this board, I would also love this situation to be over but I would like to see it end with Ramsey finishing the year as a Jag but also playing in those games. When on the field, he gives the Jags a better chance to win. He helps the secondary and helps the pass rush."

(10-15-2019, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But in case some of you (who are so worried about my thoughts) are curious, this is what I posted yesterday.

"This whole situation sucks. I'm not going to sit here and say it's awesome because it sucks. Putting him on IR is a terrible move because it doesn't help the team. Trading him now sucks because it doesn't help the team in the short term. Him sitting out every game sucks because it doesn't help the team.

To the dismay of everyone on this board, I would also love this situation to be over but I would like to see it end with Ramsey finishing the year as a Jag but also playing in those games. When on the field, he gives the Jags a better chance to win. He helps the secondary and helps the pass rush."

Has anyone said he doesnt give the team a better chance to win if he plays?  But hes not playing and is liking posts from our QB getting sacked and his teammates are calling him out on his bs.  So what's your point?  I havent seen anyone say our secondary isnt better if he plays.  With that said Bouye has played great and Herndon has played pretty good.  Any ony of games we lost I dont think we would of won if Ramsey played

(10-15-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But in case some of you (who are so worried about my thoughts) are curious, this is what I posted yesterday.

Has anyone said he doesnt give the team a better chance to win if he plays?  But hes not playing and is liking posts from our QB getting sacked and his teammates are calling him out on his bs.  So what's your point?  I havent seen anyone say our secondary isnt better if he plays.  With that said Bouye has played great and Herndon has played pretty good.  Any ony of games we lost I dont think we would of won if Ramsey played
Yes. Some people have said that.

My point is that some of you are acting as if I'm so happy he's sitting out. It's actually quite the opposite. I'm all for players doing what's best for themselves HOWEVER, I am a Jags fan first. Players come and go all the time. All I want is for the Jags to win and I believe Ramsey gives them a better shot. So I would like to see this situation resolved with him staying. Is that likely? It appears no.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:12 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-15-2019, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Has anyone said he doesnt give the team a better chance to win if he plays?  But hes not playing and is liking posts from our QB getting sacked and his teammates are calling him out on his bs.  So what's your point?  I havent seen anyone say our secondary isnt better if he plays.  With that said Bouye has played great and Herndon has played pretty good.  Any ony of games we lost I dont think we would of won if Ramsey played

My point is that some of you are acting as if I'm so happy he's sitting out. It's actually quite the opposite. I'm all for players doing what's best for themselves HOWEVER, I am a Jags fan first. Players come and go all the time. All I want is for the Jags to win and I believe Ramsey gives them a better shot. So I would like to see this situation resolved with him staying. Is that likely? It appears no.
You also always talk about how Ramsey is a good teammate.  Do you think liking a post about our QB getting sacked is a good teammate and if he is such a good teammate why is our team captain starting to call out Ramsey (without actually putting his name on the post) but everyone knows who hes talking about, on social media.  Also rumored other players have turned on him. You still think hes a good teammate?

(10-15-2019, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yes. Some people have said that.

You also always talk about how Ramsey is a good teammate.  Do you think liking a post about our QB getting sacked is a good teammate and if he is such a good teammate why is our team captain starting to call out Ramsey (without actually putting his name on the post) but everyone knows who hes talking about, on social media.  Also rumored other players have turned on him. You still think hes a good teammate?

Nah he is all about himself.  I wonder in the alternate universe where Dallas selected Ramsey what the Jaguars are doing.  Honestly I'm glad that we can use each others posts as foils and prop it up as an examples but I don't think anyone posting on the boards has complete blinders on and doesn't see what is happening.  There aren't really 2 camps on this.  If you want to see a potential elite player help your team then of course you want the situation to be resolved with the player on the field.  If you want the team to set things up for the future then of course you want discipline and strategy for this season and going forward.

The owner is learning and hasn't figured it all out yet.  He has trusted and empowered people and it hasn't worked out like we all want.  NFL is tough and some teams are outliers that just make it hard for every other franchise.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

You'd think Ramsey's trade value will continue to go south the uglier this gets.

(10-14-2019, 11:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 11:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yeah, suggesting an 88 million dollar QB you brought in to be your starter won't play when he is healthy over a 6th round rookie shows football clearly ain't my thing.

Heed your own advice.
Funny that I didn't see you mention this when Minshew was playing really well.....

The Seahawks paid Matt Flynn a boat load of money but when it was clear Wilson had the goods, they never looked back. Same with Prescott when Romo went down. I would assume the Jags do the same. No reason to go back to Foles if the Jags are playing well and really no reason to put him in if it's a dumpster fire.

You were quite the musician back in your day!

[Image: titanic-band-plays-on.jpg]

Ramsey was a good teammate until he started to follow his agent's playbook. Ramsey should have stuck with his teammates, he could've played hardball with the front office and still be there for his team.
Like I've said, once he loses the locker room, this whole thing kinda implodes and the Jags are forced to make a move.
This is just the opening salvo by the players. Fournette just showed the other side of player empowerment, when individual players take up for the team.

(10-15-2019, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Has anyone said he doesnt give the team a better chance to win if he plays?  But hes not playing and is liking posts from our QB getting sacked and his teammates are calling him out on his bs.  So what's your point?  I havent seen anyone say our secondary isnt better if he plays.  With that said Bouye has played great and Herndon has played pretty good.  Any ony of games we lost I dont think we would of won if Ramsey played

[Image: rwsgy.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 09:26 AM)jagshype Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You also always talk about how Ramsey is a good teammate.  Do you think liking a post about our QB getting sacked is a good teammate and if he is such a good teammate why is our team captain starting to call out Ramsey (without actually putting his name on the post) but everyone knows who hes talking about, on social media.  Also rumored other players have turned on him. You still think hes a good teammate?

Ramsey was a good teammate until he started to follow his agent's playbook. Ramsey should have stuck with his teammates, he could've played hardball with the front office and still be there for his team.
Like I've said, once he loses the locker room, this whole thing kinda implodes and the Jags are forced to make a move.
This is just the opening salvo by the players. Fournette just showed the other side of player empowerment, when individual players take up for the team.
No one said Ramsey was a bad teammate until all this drama started going down.  Then is when people started calling him a bad teammate but cleatwood went to argue for Ramsey saying hes still a good teammate

I mean when you call all your teammates losers incapable of winning... yea, you're a bad teammate.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:44 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is Ramsey playing for the Jags if he comes back and we dont trade him before the deadline

https://www.facebook.com/427153017307591...239615713/

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:11 AM by Cleatwood.)

"Always talk about". That's not true.

When this whole thing first began (about a month ago), I did believe he was a good teammate. You're not a bad teammate because you request a trade. However, things are clearly changing and it's not for the better. 

I also believe that if he came back and played well, this would blow over because winning cures just about everything. I just don't see him coming back now because this has escalated. Trading with the Eagles (also heard Skins as a rumor) would be the best outcome at the moment if Ramsey truly never plays here again.

And FWIW, This is Oesher

Does Jalen Ramsey still get paid every week for a fake hurt back?

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey has a legitimate back injury that is very serious. Players who love winning and their teammates as much as Ramsey does don’t miss games voluntarily. And yes, Ramsey is still being paid despite the injury

Mods should lock/ban all Ramsey threads until new news comes to light (playing, traded, IR)

Just a suggestion. It's turning into a mess of non-discussion.

That's all I got now because I've moved on from 'hurt' and angry to fairly apathetic.

(10-15-2019, 09:26 AM)jagshype Wrote: Ramsey was a good teammate until he started to follow his agent's playbook. Ramsey should have stuck with his teammates, he could've played hardball with the front office and still be there for his team.

If you read up on his agent, the man is a hateful human being.  Surprised someone like Deshaun Watson, who seems like a good guy, uses him as his agent.

(10-15-2019, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And FWIW, This is Oesher
Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey has a legitimate back injury that is very serious. Players who love winning and their teammates as much as Ramsey does don’t miss games voluntarily. And yes, Ramsey is still being paid despite the injury

I guess he should have used the sarcasm font for you.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-15-2019, 10:14 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:26 AM)jagshype Wrote: Ramsey was a good teammate until he started to follow his agent's playbook. Ramsey should have stuck with his teammates, he could've played hardball with the front office and still be there for his team.

If you read up on his agent, the man is a hateful human being.  Surprised someone like Deshaun Watson, who seems like a good guy, uses him as his agent.

Agents are like lawyers...

have you seen Rodgers agent on the State Farm commercial?
total tool!

Cool

(10-15-2019, 10:10 AM)Kane Wrote: Mods should lock/ban all Ramsey threads until new news comes to light (playing, traded, IR)

Just a suggestion. It's turning into a mess of non-discussion.

That's all I got now because I've moved on from 'hurt' and angry to fairly apathetic.

Agreed. Fairly apathetic as well. This is turning into the bittersweet ending of a long, drawn out divorce. Just want to meet, sign the papers and put this [BLEEP] behind us already.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2019, 10:15 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And FWIW, This is Oesher

I guess he should have used the sarcasm font for you.

...and I have oceanfront property in Idaho.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]