Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey Updates (merged)

(10-15-2019, 10:15 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And FWIW, This is Oesher
Does Jalen Ramsey still get paid every week for a fake hurt back?
Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey has a legitimate back injury that is very serious. Players who love winning and their teammates as much as Ramsey does don’t miss games voluntarily. And yes, Ramsey is still being paid despite the injury

I guess he should have used the sarcasm font for you.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2019, 04:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Or a gynecologist. Sometimes sand is tough man. It can get in there. Muddy the waters so to speak. Add some weight and pull your back down a little bit. 

This is my biggest peeve of this board. Be better than this, guys.

Call him out, fine, but why drag the ladies while you're riffing?

(10-15-2019, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 04:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Or a gynecologist. Sometimes sand is tough man. It can get in there. Muddy the waters so to speak. Add some weight and pull your back down a little bit. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3546638]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2019, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: This is my biggest peeve of this board. Be better than this, guys.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3546638]

have to use your words, no fun filter wipes out all the imagery.

(10-15-2019, 11:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3546638]

have to use your words, no fun filter wipes out all the imagery.

We all have our views. Some women are tougher than men. We all know this. As we have plenty of strong women in the armed forces, at home taking care of kids, etc.  Child birth alone and having to put up with male dominance is tough enough as it gets. 

It's not uncommon for folks to shoot down each other over stereotypical gender quirks. He acts like a diva. Acted a little "sweet" with a post game interview once after he played against Steve Smith Sr. 

To quote T.O "Like my boy tells me: if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it's a rat". No different than a woman making fun of "macho" men or "mansplaining" etc. Until he stops acting like that he'll be Sugar Britches to me for here on out. 

There's also a a traditional term used in the scouting department as well in the NFL. "Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane".

At the end of the day, it's all in good fun. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2019, 08:44 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Love how Fournette stepped up and called this clown out. Starting to really like 27.

No doubt 4nette has taken advantage of this situation to improve his overall standing with the FO and fan base. Smart man, this helps his chances of a contract extension when that time comes, no doubt.

(10-15-2019, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Spare us the PC police.
Fix the O-Line!

(10-15-2019, 01:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: This is my biggest peeve of this board. Be better than this, guys.

Spare us the PC police.

I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-15-2019, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Spare us the PC police.

I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.
Also known as being respectful.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:01 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-15-2019, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.
Also known as being respectful.

Oy. This country is in serious trouble.

(10-15-2019, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: This is my biggest peeve of this board. Be better than this, guys.Call him out, fine, but why drag the ladies while you're riffing?

So...? Mangina is out? I'll be damned.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Was Jalen one of them?

(10-15-2019, 02:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.

Was Jalen one of them?

+1,000,000

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:09 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/11...28354?s=21

My guess — it comes down to the trade deadline assuming Philly is willing to give up proper value. I just don’t think they are trading either TE. I think I read somewhere that If Ertz is traded, it’ll be a 17 million dollar cap hit and Goedert is the hier apparent to Ertz.

Ertz Dead Cap hit:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia...rtz-12316/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Guys (and Gals... or whatever you feel comfortable to identify as) let's keep this about football. Politics and societal stuff can stay in the Sideline and Political forum.

Sorry I hurt some of your feelings for using a reference that's common in most sports when it comes to Men Vs. Women. We're not all foolish here. We know there's some incredible women in this world all across the board. Especially in various sports. But it's not uncommon for it to be used as an insult.

For every one of these lines or movies:

[Image: 103c23d6b44adfb699becf080bfc6f5d.jpg]

You get one of these too:

(10-15-2019, 02:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Also known as being respectful.

Oy. This country is in serious trouble.
Spare me.

I don't take offense to it but if others do, it's no sweat off my back.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:20 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2019, 02:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/11...28354?s=21

My guess — it comes down to the trade deadline assuming Philly is willing to give up proper value. I just don’t think they are trading either TE. I think I read somewhere that If Ertz is traded, it’ll be a 17 million dollar cap hit and Goedert is the hier apparent to Ertz.

Ertz Dead Cap hit:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia...rtz-12316/

It'll certainly come down to the deadline. Thankfully it's just two weeks away. I don't think they're willing to part ways with Ertz nor Goedert as well. That position is important to their offense, much like most of Andy Reid's protege's. 

It'll be picks and only picks more than likely with them. I don't see them forking over an offensive lineman like Lane Johnson with Jason Peters well over 30 and possibly retiring at the end of the year. They may want to try Lane Johnson back over at LT next year. 

Hopefully another team or two come forward as the deadline closes and they sweeten the pot a little.

I just don't know of that many teams contending at the moment that would want him.

New England? No.
Buffalo? Maybe.
Dallas? Maybe.
Baltimore? Probably.
Kansas City? Doubtful. They had a headcase already with Marcus Peters.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-15-2019, 02:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 02:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Oy. This country is in serious trouble.
Spare me.

I don't take offense to it but if others do, it's no sweat off my back.

I think everyone forgot this simple phrase...

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

What the hell happened to that? It's just words... to take offense to words says more about you than the person saying them. (not saying YOU, you, just the in general you)

(10-15-2019, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Guys (and Gals... or whatever you feel comfortable to identify as) let's keep this about football. Politics and societal stuff can stay in the Sideline and Political forum.

Sorry I hurt some of your feelings for using a reference that's common in most sports when it comes to Men Vs. Women. We're not all foolish here. We know there's some incredible women in this world all across the board. Especially in various sports. But it's not uncommon for it to be used as an insult.

For every one of these lines or movies:

[Image: 103c23d6b44adfb699becf080bfc6f5d.jpg]

You get one of these too:

It's also common for people to text while driving...... Doesn't mean you should.