Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 Giuliani associates arrested on federal campaign finance charges

It means he fell for it. 50k in the terms of a statewide election is.... moreover, these are super pac donations. By definition the candidate has no coordination or ability to vet the recipt of donations.

Obamas 08 campaign had to pay roughly 2million dollars in fines.

Hillary clintons founsation washed hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign donations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2019, 05:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: It means he fell for it.  50k in the terms of a statewide election is....  moreover, these are super pac donations.  By definition the candidate has no coordination or ability to vet the recipt of donations.  

Hillary clintons founsation washed hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign donations.

If by "roughly 2million [sic]" you mean the Obama campaign paid $375,000 in fines levied over an administrative error, you are correct.

Is that a number you got from another open source?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 07:54 AM by ferocious.)

(10-11-2019, 05:58 PM)ferocious Wrote: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were on the House witness list to appear before three committees.
Foreign Affairs, Intelligence, and Oversight and Reform
Now they've been indicted and arrested.

Here's a link to the indictment.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...ocument/p1

You're Welcome.

(10-11-2019, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Interesting reading. Any idea who the unnamed politcos are?

Pete Sessions is one of them.

(10-11-2019, 09:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Pete Sessions is one of them.

Sourced somewhere?

Yes.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/pe...indictment

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-12-2019, 08:42 PM)ferocious Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 05:58 PM)ferocious Wrote: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were on the House witness list to appear before three committees.

You're Welcome.

(10-11-2019, 09:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sourced somewhere?

Yes.

Unfortunately, the source is not one of the un-named right wing "open source" blogs you seem to prefer, but a reputable source.

I will try to do better.

I just asked a question, no need to be an [BLEEP] hole.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-12-2019, 08:42 PM)ferocious Wrote:

You're Welcome.

(10-11-2019, 09:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sourced somewhere?

Yes.

Fixed.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-12-2019, 07:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 05:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: It means he fell for it.  50k in the terms of a statewide election is....  moreover, these are super pac donations.  By definition the candidate has no coordination or ability to vet the recipt of donations.  

If by "roughly 2million [sic]" you mean the Obama campaign paid $375,000 in fines levied over an administrative error, you are correct.

Is that a number you got from another open source?

Sorry.  2 million was the amount of the donations not the fine itself.

Doesnt change the fact that 50k in the course of a statewide election is not a signifiganb t number to seay anything.

So, so far, we know, at least according to the indictment, Parnas and Fruman were receiving money from a Russian businessman which was then used to make illegal US political campaign contributions.

And now today we find out that Rudy Giuliani received $500,000 from Parnas for "consulting."

(10-11-2019, 12:45 PM)Kane Wrote: Collusion!
Tapes!
Swamp!
rabble rabble
Ukraine!
Russia!
Polls!
rabble rabble
Impeach!

Campaign finance violations seem to be a pretty regular thing in DC no matter which side of the aisle you stand on.

nothing to see here folks... [BLEEP] rich people doing [BLEEP] rich people things.

Keep voting though! It'll work itself out... bwahahaha

Oh, you're a Trump fan. That explains the stupidity. Took a wild guess based on our recent interaction and I was right. Shocking. And I'll save you some time, don't bother calling me a lib. I'm more of a conservative than anybody that's currently in the cult known as the Republican party.

(10-16-2019, 02:06 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
Tapes!
Swamp!
rabble rabble
Ukraine!
Russia!
Polls!
rabble rabble
Impeach!

Campaign finance violations seem to be a pretty regular thing in DC no matter which side of the aisle you stand on.

nothing to see here folks... [BLEEP] rich people doing [BLEEP] rich people things.

Oh, you're a Trump fan. That explains the stupidity. Took a wild guess based on our recent interaction and I was right. Shocking. And I'll save you some time, don't bother calling me a lib. I'm more of a conservative than anybody that's currently in the cult known as the Republican party.

Probably, but that's not saying much when talking about the left center moderate Republican party.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

left center moderate Republican party.

An oxymoron encasing a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Don't you mean a regressive?

(10-16-2019, 09:15 AM)ferocious Wrote: left center moderate Republican party.

The Dems are hard left. The Pubs are not quite in the middle. There is no party of the Right in this country.

Oh my god... politicians are corrupt?

My mind has quite literally been blown.

I can't even process this information.... our bastions of integrity and morality.... corrupt? THEM!? NO!

Sigh.. it's better not to worry about this stuff - we can't do anything about it anyway.

(10-16-2019, 10:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The Dems are hard left. The Pubs are not quite in the middle. There is no party of the Right in this country.

There is a huge chasm between conservative and right.
Thus the oxymoron.

(10-16-2019, 01:49 PM)ferocious Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Dems are hard left. The Pubs are not quite in the middle. There is no party of the Right in this country.

There is a huge chasm between conservative and right.
Thus the oxymoron.

I see no difference between the Left and Fascism.

Fascism seeks to control how you think, feel and act....... funny how they've become the thing they claim to hate.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:00 PM by mikesez.)

(10-16-2019, 02:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 01:49 PM)ferocious Wrote: There is a huge chasm between conservative and right.
Thus the oxymoron.

I see no difference between the Left and Fascism.

Fascism seeks to control how you think, feel and act....... funny how they've become the thing they claim to hate.

The interesting thing is your phrase "I see no difference".
Of all the characteristics you have observed and categorized in both, they look the same to you.
You are essentially arguing that something does not exist.
You are trying to prove a negative.
a person can prove you wrong by simply demonstrating one difference between "the left" and "fascism".
Not that you would care. 
Regardless of what such a person said to you, what difference they pointed out, you would say that it is a minor difference and that it doesn't matter to you if your mind is closed.
But there are many differences. All of the fascists of the 1930s are dead now.  The social context and therefore the ideology have totally changed.
So what you're saying when you say " I see no difference"
is either, "I don't want to see a difference" or "I haven't thought about these things very deeply at all".

Right and left are relative terms. they are defined in reference to the political center.  But how do we define the center? it makes the most sense to define the political center in terms of all voters, not in terms of the personal philosophy of a random Star wars fan on the internet.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-16-2019, 05:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 02:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I see no difference between the Left and Fascism.

The interesting thing is your phrase "I see no difference".
Of all the characteristics you have observed and categorized in both, they look the same to you.
You are essentially arguing that something does not exist.
You are trying to prove a negative.
a person can prove you wrong by simply demonstrating one difference between "the left" and "fascism".
Not that you would care. 
Regardless of what such a person said to you, what difference they pointed out, you would say that it is a minor difference and that it doesn't matter to you if your mind is closed.
But there are many differences. All of the fascists of the 1930s are dead now.  The social context and therefore the ideology have totally changed.
So what you're saying when you say " I see no difference"
is either, "I don't want to see a difference" or "I haven't thought about these things very deeply at all".

(10-16-2019, 10:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Dems are hard left. The Pubs are not quite in the middle. There is no party of the Right in this country.

Right and left are relative terms. they are defined in reference to the political center.  But how do we define the center? it makes the most sense to define the political center in terms of all voters, not in terms of the personal philosophy of a random Star wars fan on the internet.

Lol, like we care how you try to warp reality to assert your opinion as fact.

Tapes!
Swamp!
rabble rabble
Ukraine!
Russia!
Polls!
rabble rabble
Impeach!

You should extricate your head from your...erm...the sand and look at who the players are in this particular clown show. And, no, the clown aren't the Dems this time. This is not your typical campaign finance shenanigans.

Follow the money. I know you won't, your reply will be some snarky insult. You follow your leader.
- Bob Marley

If you see no difference between, say, AOC and Joe Biden, you aren't looking closely, because you don't want to believe the truth.
- Bob Marley

(10-16-2019, 09:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

If you see no difference between, say, AOC and Joe Biden, you aren't looking closely, because you don't want to believe the truth.

Yeah, Joe Biden is not the Democratic Party, the Squad is.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 12:48 PM by Kane.)

(10-16-2019, 09:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
Tapes!
Swamp!
rabble rabble
Ukraine!
Russia!
Polls!
rabble rabble
Impeach!

You should extricate your head from your...erm...the sand and look at who the players are in this particular clown show. And, no, the clown aren't the Dems this time. This is not your typical campaign finance shenanigans.

Follow the money. I know you won't, your reply will be some snarky insult. You follow your leader.
Hilarious that you immediately throw some snarky insult at me and then claim that is how I'll respond.

Your true colors shine brighter than ever.
"Not the Dems THIS TIME"

There's plenty of Russian and Ukrainian money to follow to the people you think are the good guys
They are all the same...

the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

(10-16-2019, 09:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Joe Biden is a crook and AOC is childish tool that will be forgotten sooner than later.

Big difference. One is a REAL politician, the other is playing politician.

Both are bad for the country