Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Saints Game

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 11:49 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

I wasn't the least bit excited for this game, and I was quite bored watching it. And quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to any of the games the rest of the season, or even next season for that matter. This team has been terrible for the better part of two decades and has worn me out. I have to find something better to do on Sundays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 08:16 AM by MoJagFan.)

Bridgewater missed receivers.  I don't think the score would have been remotely close if Brees had played.  For a team that spends a lot of time (reported by announcers) on the 2 minute drill, do we seem to be aggressive with our offense?

Edit:
And if that is true, do we plan on packing all of our offensive effort in the last 2 minutes each half?  It is tough to not believe we have more of the same going forward.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-13-2019, 11:13 PM)Upper Wrote: I know they are great, but it's slightly worrisome that Taylor is struggling with the Watt and Jordan types. He was supposed to maul them while struggling with the Von Miller speed rushers.

Still, he gets a pass for now...but my well noted pre draft fears have not been even close to assuaged yet.
He's played in 6 games.....

I think Taylor is doing a fine job and if he gets his conditioning in line this off season, I think you'll see a really good RT.

(10-14-2019, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 11:13 PM)Upper Wrote: I know they are great, but it's slightly worrisome that Taylor is struggling with the Watt and Jordan types. He was supposed to maul them while struggling with the Von Miller speed rushers.

Still, he gets a pass for now...but my well noted pre draft fears have not been even close to assuaged yet.
He's played in 6 games.....

I think Taylor is doing a fine job and if he gets his conditioning in line this off season, I think you'll see a really good RT.

I said yesterday that he needs a year, college strong is just NFL average. For some people it's never too soon to yell "bust" though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-13-2019, 10:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I don’t think the Saints did anything differently than any other defense tried to do. The difference is that they executed their plan to perfection. They played hard every single drive and never seemed to let up. I think this idea that they have tape on him so they know how to beat him is overblown.

Our OL played poorly, the receivers and Minshew were on two different pages, and Minshew couldn’t overcome it. I don’t think this means they figured him out. I just think that we didn’t have anyone playing well on offense against a very good defense.

+1 and for the bolded part, it felt like they were suffocating our offense. 

I kept thinking of the sound bite where, and I paraphrase, Westbrook said Minshew is very vocal and specific well calling plays in the huddle which makes it easier for everyone to run their plays because they know what is coming. If this is the case there was a breakdown after the ball was snapped but at times it looked like the receivers just didn't know what to do from the start. 

Speaking of Westbrook, I about punched my tv when he let that punt bounce back to our 2 yard line, or thereabouts. I definitely yelled at him and I hope he got a good  [BLEEP] chewing from the coaches.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM by Kane.)

(10-13-2019, 11:48 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I wasn't the least bit excited for this game, and I was quite bored watching it. And quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to any of the games the rest of the season, or even next season for that matter. This team has been terrible for the better part of two decades and has worn me out. I have to find something better to do on Sundays.

Try base jumping without a chute maybe?

Sounds like it could be exciting.

(10-14-2019, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's played in 6 games.....

I said yesterday that he needs a year, college strong is just NFL average. For some people it's never too soon to yell "bust" though.

Yeah.... I was wondering why we wouldn't give him more chipping help from TE and RB when Jordan was just whooping him.

Cam Jordan is a premier rusher and Taylor a rookie....

(coaching still leaving much to be desired on both sides of the ball, imo)

(10-14-2019, 08:15 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Bridgewater missed receivers.  I don't think the score would have been remotely close if Brees had played.  For a team that spends a lot of time (reported by announcers) on the 2 minute drill, do we seem to be aggressive with our offense?

Edit:
And if that is true, do we plan on packing all of our offensive effort in the last 2 minutes each half?  It is tough to not believe we have more of the same going forward.

If Brees played the Saints have a big lead at the half probably.

(10-14-2019, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's played in 6 games.....

"slightly worrisome" and "still gets a pass for now" = yelling bust. Maniacal twisting of worst like that is why it's so impossible to have honest conversations with anyone.

you don't win games turning bal over,and kicking FGS. turnovers jags 1 saints 0 TDS by offensse saints 1TD tds by jags 0 thats all on the HC not makeing right adjust calls once they saw what saints were doing to stop the jags offensse.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I expect better out of DeFilippo.
The bracket was coming for Chark eventually, and they were not prepared for it. Minshew needed to come off him a lot quicker.
Westbrook and Conley needed to step up and beat the one on ones and they didnt. I wanted to see more horizontal plays for Westbrook. Utilize our speed on the edges.

Live and learn. They have to adjust and Minshew has to navigate in the pocket to find time to make a throw and keep his eyes downfield. Just needs to settle down and navigate the pocket rather than escaping the pocket.
DeFillipo has to protect him from those moments and scheme up some quick timing plays and get the pass game into a rhythm.

One other thing thats a red flag for me at the moment. We haven't had the lead in many games this season.

Chiefs- behind all game
Texans- behind all game
T*tans- score 14pts in 1stQ. Never trailed 
Denver- behind all game until 4th Q. Lambo FG W
Panthers- behind all game
Saints- behind all game

Now I know some were technically tied but we weren't ahead. 

I just dont get this. It makes winning a game so much harder.

(10-14-2019, 11:19 AM)jagshype Wrote: I expect better out of DeFilippo.
The bracket was coming for Chark eventually, and they were not prepared for it. Minshew needed to come off him a lot quicker.
Westbrook and Conley needed to step up and beat the one on ones and they didnt. I wanted to see more horizontal plays for Westbrook. Utilize our speed on the edges.

Live and learn. They have to adjust and Minshew has to navigate in the pocket to find time to make a throw and keep his eyes downfield. Just needs to settle down and navigate the pocket rather than escaping the pocket.
DeFillipo has to protect him from those moments and scheme up some quick timing plays and get the pass game into a rhythm.

If DeFilippo is guilty of anything, it's having too much confidence that the bolded was going to happen in our favor. He even stated it openly in a wednesday presser. 

now that he's seen the result of a contained Minshew vs quality man coverage, he'll absolutely need to work on ways to scheme receivers and TEs open. 

I do feel he could have made more adjustments than he made in the second half, but I did view our offensive struggles yesterday as primarily a result of poor execution and good defense than a failure by Flip. Interested to see how he  (and Minshew) respond moving forward.

(10-14-2019, 11:03 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I said yesterday that he needs a year, college strong is just NFL average. For some people it's never too soon to yell "bust" though.

"slightly worrisome" and "still gets a pass for now" = yelling bust. Maniacal twisting of worst like that is why it's so impossible to have honest conversations with anyone.

We know, we know, you're working your way up to it.  Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2019, 11:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 11:19 AM)jagshype Wrote: I expect better out of DeFilippo.

If DeFilippo is guilty of anything, it's having too much confidence that the bolded was going to happen in our favor. He even stated it openly in a wednesday presser. 

Know that he's seen the result of a contained Minshew vs quality man coverage, he'll absolutely need to work on ways to scheme receivers and TEs open. 

I do feel he could have made more adjustments than he made in the second half, but I did view our offensive struggles yesterday as primarily a result of poor execution and good defense than a failure by Flip. Interested to see how he  (and Minshew) respond moving forward.

Mostly agree,
Luckily all of its fixable and Minshews natural progression should help moving forward.
A legitimate TE would greatly help. Taking advantage of linebackers in man to man is a wrinkle that's sorely needed vs that type of defense.

(10-14-2019, 09:59 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 11:48 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I wasn't the least bit excited for this game, and I was quite bored watching it. And quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to any of the games the rest of the season, or even next season for that matter. This team has been terrible for the better part of two decades and has worn me out. I have to find something better to do on Sundays.

Try base jumping without a chute maybe?

Or I could just watch something other than this craptacular team.

(10-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:59 AM)Kane Wrote: Try base jumping without a chute maybe?

So stop watching man. No one will miss you.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(10-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:59 AM)Kane Wrote: Try base jumping without a chute maybe?

Change your name while you're at it too!

(10-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Or I could just watch something other than this craptacular team.
Change your name while you're at it too!

Indeed!!!

Jagfan4onlywhentheygood more like it (37 year old sounding like a crybaby child too)

(10-14-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:25 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Or I could just watch something other than this craptacular team.

So stop watching man. No one will miss you.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I will. And I didn't say anyone would.

(10-14-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Change your name while you're at it too!

Indeed!!!

Jagfan4onlywhentheygood more like it (37 year old sounding like a crybaby child too)

Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.

(10-14-2019, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Indeed!!!

Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.
Bahahahaha

I'm willing to bet no one knew it was the players numbers instead of your birthday.

A real fan doesn't say they are going to quit watching my dude. Take a breather.