Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Saints Game

(10-14-2019, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Indeed!!!

Jagfan4onlywhentheygood more like it (37 year old sounding like a crybaby child too)

Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.

[Image: giphy.gif]

OK  - You guys make nice now, please.  

Ninja

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2019, 11:03 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I said yesterday that he needs a year, college strong is just NFL average. For some people it's never too soon to yell "bust" though.

"slightly worrisome" and "still gets a pass for now" = yelling bust. Maniacal twisting of worst like that is why it's so impossible to have honest conversations with anyone.

You do exactly the same thing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.
Bahahahaha

I'm willing to bet no one knew it was the players numbers instead of your birthday.

A real fan doesn't say they are going to quit watching my dude. Take a breather.

Who would put their birthday in a screen name? And two of the numbers just happen to be arguably the best/most famous Jags of all time.

And about a real fan, you're right. I'm afraid that's eroding for some reason. Never thought it would it happen, honestly.

Did we throw any deep balls at all?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...90368?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 02:18 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...90752?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-14-2019, 11:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 11:19 AM)jagshype Wrote: I expect better out of DeFilippo.
The bracket was coming for Chark eventually, and they were not prepared for it. Minshew needed to come off him a lot quicker.
Westbrook and Conley needed to step up and beat the one on ones and they didnt. I wanted to see more horizontal plays for Westbrook. Utilize our speed on the edges.

Live and learn. They have to adjust and Minshew has to navigate in the pocket to find time to make a throw and keep his eyes downfield. Just needs to settle down and navigate the pocket rather than escaping the pocket.
DeFillipo has to protect him from those moments and scheme up some quick timing plays and get the pass game into a rhythm.

If DeFilippo is guilty of anything, it's having too much confidence that the bolded was going to happen in our favor. He even stated it openly in a wednesday presser. 

now that he's seen the result of a contained Minshew vs quality man coverage, he'll absolutely need to work on ways to scheme receivers and TEs open. 

I do feel he could have made more adjustments than he made in the second half, but I did view our offensive struggles yesterday as primarily a result of poor execution and good defense than a failure by Flip. Interested to see how he  (and Minshew) respond moving forward.

Each of our WR's played poorly.

Chark - ran the "wrong route" on that curl against outside leverage he needs to break back to the inside, the ball was placed perfectly for where Chark SHOULD have been, that mental error is on Chark and led to the drive killing pick

Conley - It felt like he created 0 seperation and would just whine to the ref every time the pass got D'd that there should've been a flag, yea a few of them were legitimate gripes but you need to be physical and go get the ball, finish the play, make the catch.

Westbrook - On the crosser he stopped running, would've been an easy completion with room to run but he settled down (I know find the hole in the zone etc.) but he should've kept running. Also had a few drops

Lee - Didn't really have a problem with him, he's a great blocker and has been CLUTCH on 3rd downs and "must have" conversions for us ... i'd like to see more of him and less of Conley.

Going forward I want to see Chark at the X, Lee at the Z & Westbrook at the Y working the slot. Given O'Shaughnessy's season ending injury & Swaim's concussion (until Oliver plays he's a non-factor here) I think we should switch to a 3 Receiver base set with Seth Devalve as a FB in the I who can motion out like an H-Back to help our young OT's block on the edge.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Okay, here's my analysis. They doubled the WRs, and since we lost O'Shaugnessy, we don't have a TE.

It's that simple. We need a TE.

Plus, of course, the Saints are a really good team. Super Bowl caliber, especially when they get Brees back.

(10-14-2019, 04:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, here's my analysis. They doubled the WRs, and since we lost O'Shaugnessy, we don't have a TE.

Plus, of course, the Saints are a really good team. Super Bowl caliber, especially when they get Brees back.

/thread right there.

But seriously, it's hard to win games when you're facing a really good defense and your offense doesn't have enough solid talent. They may win next week but I'm still thinking serious changes need to be had.

(10-14-2019, 04:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, here's my analysis. They doubled the WRs, and since we lost O'Shaugnessy, we don't have a TE.

(10-14-2019, 04:42 PM)Nikowho Wrote:

/thread right there.

But seriously, it's hard to win games when you're facing a really good defense and your offense doesn't have enough solid talent. They may win next week but I'm still thinking serious changes need to be had.
That wasn't the issue though. That defense leaves the QB run wide open. There were plenty of times when Minshew had 10+ yards available if he just took off. Called QB draws or just running would have forced the Saints to change the defense.

Either he was really hurt (he did look like it when walking) or they told him to not run.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 07:05 PM by knarnn.)

(10-14-2019, 06:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 04:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, here's my analysis.  They doubled the WRs, and since we lost O'Shaugnessy, we don't have a TE.  

It's that simple.  We need a TE.  

Plus, of course, the Saints are a really good team.  Super Bowl caliber, especially when they get Brees back.
(10-14-2019, 04:42 PM)Nikowho Wrote: /thread right there.

That wasn't the issue though. That defense leaves the QB run wide open. There were plenty of times when Minshew had 10+ yards available if he just took off. Called QB draws or just running would have forced the Saints to change the defense.

Either he was really hurt (he did look like it when walking) or they told him to not run.

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...78240?s=21

(10-14-2019, 07:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 06:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That wasn't the issue though. That defense leaves the QB run wide open. There were plenty of times when Minshew had 10+ yards available if he just took off. Called QB draws or just running would have forced the Saints to change the defense.

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...78240?s=21
That play was the terrible OL or really the bum LG.

Most of the time, there were holes, but he just didn't have the quickness to take advantage like he normally would. The knee and groining injury really had to be bothering him. Watch him walking on the field during possession changes, he has a slight limp or issue with his stride which is the groining injury.

I don't think that had anything to do with "getting tape on Minshew" more than the Saints are just that good. Everybody was covered TIGHT quite often. When WRs were open, Minshew got it to them. The Saints shutdown Prescott and Winston the last cpl weeks before this game they're defense is really starting to play well.

They were playing thier line a little different as to not allow Minshew to get outside ans scramble but he's good from the pocket usually too so I think he bounces right back this week vs the Bungals.

According to Boselli on the radio this evening, he speculates Minshew's groin injury is more serious than let on and that's why he couldn't rotate into his throws for accuracy and strength. Take it for what you will.

I say, dat Minshew boy better cool dat groin use down.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 10:37 PM by Setsuna00. Edit Reason: Yeah )

Josh Allen is great and all but we should have picked Hockensen. He was taken 1 pick later.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(10-14-2019, 08:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: According to Boselli on the radio this evening, he speculates Minshew's groin injury is more serious than let on and that's why he couldn't rotate into his throws for accuracy and strength. Take it for what you will.

Go watch the tape of him walking to the huddle. I noticed it during the game, but didn't know he was listed as injured until after the game. It definitely was hurting him and he didn't run much either,

(10-14-2019, 10:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 08:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: According to Boselli on the radio this evening, he speculates Minshew's groin injury is more serious than let on and that's why he couldn't rotate into his throws for accuracy and strength. Take it for what you will.

Go watch the tape of him walking to the huddle. I noticed it during the game, but didn't know he was listed as injured until after the game. It definitely was hurting him and he didn't run much either,

I think I have it recorded. If so I’ll check it out.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:01 AM by Kane.)

(10-14-2019, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Indeed!!!

Jagfan4onlywhentheygood more like it (37 year old sounding like a crybaby child too)

Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.

Good to know you're not an adult after all.

[Image: tenor.gif]

excuse me while I "tart" again

(10-14-2019, 04:19 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 11:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If DeFilippo is guilty of anything, it's having too much confidence that the bolded was going to happen in our favor. He even stated it openly in a wednesday presser. 

now that he's seen the result of a contained Minshew vs quality man coverage, he'll absolutely need to work on ways to scheme receivers and TEs open. 

I do feel he could have made more adjustments than he made in the second half, but I did view our offensive struggles yesterday as primarily a result of poor execution and good defense than a failure by Flip. Interested to see how he  (and Minshew) respond moving forward.

Lee - Didn't really have a problem with him, he's a great blocker and has been CLUTCH on 3rd downs and "must have" conversions for us ... i'd like to see more of him and less of Conley.

I think Lee is done my dude. Ankle injury looked serious.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 01:21 AM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(10-15-2019, 09:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Okay, you retarted [BLEEP], I'll stop being nice now. I've been a real fan since the beginning, and throughout the crap years. A real fan who would know that 9/28/82 represents Garrard/Taylor/Smith (was 8/28/82 back in the early days) and not a birthday. But not you, because you're stupid.

Good to know you're not an adult after all.

I know you're severely developmentally delayed, so I'll go easy on you. Adults don't tell people to commit suicide, even jokingly. I took it in stride, but you continued with your childish insults. I feel sorry for you in that you're clearly so emotionally imbalanced, you feel compelled to attack someone who you feel slighted your precious, little football team. I truly hope things get better for you.

(10-16-2019, 01:19 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:57 AM)Kane Wrote: Good to know you're not an adult after all.

I know you're severely developmentally delayed, so I'll go easy on you. Adults don't tell people to commit suicide, even jokingly. I took it in stride, but you continued with your childish insults. I feel sorry for you in that you're clearly so emotionally imbalanced, you feel compelled to attack someone who you feel slighted your precious, little football team. I truly hope things get better for you.

...yea they do.

At least the ones that have a sense of humor.