Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Saints' D ripped the mustache off Minshew Mania

(10-14-2019, 11:52 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Receivers got zero separation. They were blanketed. Saints D is world class.

I am pleased, though,that our forum welcomes individuals with developmental disabilities to join and post on our forum. We seem to have a couple in this thread. Welcome aboard.

World class 19th ranked D!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is this an NFL.com headline or did Bleacher Report write that for them?

(10-14-2019, 12:05 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Is this an NFL.com headline or did Bleacher Report write that for them?

I was unaware that the writing was much different between the two.

"Journalism" is dead. Anyone who works anywhere can write any garbage and get clicks.

The difference between BCC, Bleacher, NFL, and ESPN is minimal in talent.
The biggest difference is that more people flock to main stream crap like NFL and ESPN.
But NFLs best writer isn't much better than BCC's worst.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

It seems like the media was waiting to write that title....

Not surprising at all. It was fun while it lasted. But you get the feeling journalists who already probably don't care for the Jaguars were hoping he'd have a bad game at some point so they could write this article. But on the other hand, at least they're showing respect for Gardner in some ways. Bortles was a punchline every week, and so was Gabbert.

I'm not convinced Minshew's done or that we're going to see him turn into a pumpkin from here on out. That might speak more to my hope than anything, but I honestly don't think Foles would've played any better yesterday. NO is one of the superbowl contenders in this league. I was alarmed how even earlier in the week last week how many posters on here were talking so confidently about a victory. I was just happy to see them keep NO from achieving a blowout.

This team's got a lot of holes, both on offense and defense. I'd argue that the offense is a greater priority going forward, giving the way this league is trending. That Oline needs upgrading, and a TE NEEDS to be focused on again this offseason or even in the trade deadline. Bring in a real pro, especially in the Ramsey trade. They want to keep up in this league, and do so with either Minshew or Foles? Put more playmakers on offense and keep the QB upright.

(10-14-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s all part of the process to becoming a better QB. All the veterans have experienced it. Now the question is can Minshew and the coaches have a solid plan B in place for the next time this happens. Adversity makes you stronger.

The game plan for the next game is reversed 
Offense good
Defense suck

I didn't get to watch this game as closely as others since I was on daddy duty, but it looked like teams have figured out that Minshew really excels at intermediate/deep sideline throws and improvisation during scrambling. The Saints did a good job of making him win over the middle and sticking with our WRs once he started the scramble drill. Now we'll see if Minshew can adjust back.

(10-14-2019, 01:55 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s all part of the process to becoming a better QB. All the veterans have experienced it. Now the question is can Minshew and the coaches have a solid plan B in place for the next time this happens. Adversity makes you stronger.

The game plan for the next game is reversed 
Offense good
Defense suck

You wouldn't know what a game plan was if it jumped out of a hole in the ground and bit you in the [BLEEP]

Part of the game plan will be to put Dalton on the ground early and often. And they are likely to attain that goal.

And the answer is NO. Minshew is another mediocre QB the Jags are madly in love with, who is a marginal talent at best. The Jags have had no-talent QBs for so long they wouldn’t know a good QB if one bit them on the butt. Here’s my prediction. Jags are going to continue to lose games until Minshew has drilled them into a deep hole of loss by the time Foles comes back. Foles will win a couple of games just to prove he is the real deal, but the Jags will end up with a losing season...AGAIN! Then we’ll see what kind of epically bad management decisions the Jags make...like trading Foles instead of Minshew. When they have a good player (i.e., Jalen Ramsey) they frustrate him so badly he wants traded. Anyone but me notice how all the players the Jags have traded, or lost to free agency, go on to play great for their new teams? The Jags are a team that apparently suppresses talent. Players have to go somewhere else to flourish. Maybe that’s because the Jags indulge in insane thinking like benching Foles (after he’s healed) in favor of game-loser Minshew. Let’s face it. The Jags are comfortable being one of the worst teams in the league. I’ve lived here 20 years and I can count winning seasons on one hand.

(10-14-2019, 03:55 PM)TiredOfLosing Wrote:
And the answer is NO. Minshew is another mediocre QB the Jags are madly in love with, who is a marginal talent at best. The Jags have had no-talent QBs for so long they wouldn’t know a good QB if one bit them on the butt. Here’s my prediction. Jags are going to continue to lose games until Minshew has drilled them into a deep hole of loss by the time Foles comes back. Foles will win a couple of games just to prove he is the real deal, but the Jags will end up with a losing season...AGAIN! Then we’ll see what kind of epically bad management decisions the Jags make...like trading Foles instead of Minshew. When they have a good player (i.e., Jalen Ramsey) they frustrate him so badly he wants traded. Anyone but me notice how all the players the Jags have traded, or lost to free agency, go on to play great for their new teams? The Jags are a team that apparently suppresses talent. Players have to go somewhere else to flourish. Maybe that’s because the Jags indulge in insane thinking like benching Foles (after he’s healed) in favor of game-loser Minshew. Let’s face it. The Jags are comfortable being one of the worst teams in the league. I’ve lived here 20 years and I can count winning seasons on one hand.

So where was this observation of Minshew before he had a bad game?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 04:11 PM by Nikowho.)

Want to read something else that might amuse you, read Mike Tanier's newest article on Bleacher Report.

Already he's declaring Minshew as the second coming of Case Keenum. It's comedic because it's obvious from the way he mocks Minshew Mania here in Jacksonville that he was already interested in seeing Minshew fail.

Nevermind the fact that even Lamar Jackson's looked bad in a few games already this year. I don't hear too many people [BLEEP] on him yet. Double standards man. If Gardner was playing for one of the more popular teams i'm sure his coverage would be more forgiving of being humiliated by a superbowl contending team

I dont think any of us can say Minshew is for a certainty a superbowl MVP type of player or whatever. I do think he's got the ability in him to be a starter in this league, and that includes playing in Jacksonville. He's just gotta have an oline and talent to help him. You can say that about EVERY young QB in the league

(10-14-2019, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 01:55 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The game plan for the next game is reversed 
Offense good
Defense suck

You wouldn't know what a game plan was if it jumped out of a hole in the ground and bit you in the [BLEEP]

Part of the game plan will be to put Dalton on the ground early and often. And they are likely to attain that goal.

Don't need much Dalton when Mixon several breakaway 80 yard runs.

Only thing ripping off Minshew’s stache is all that Jax beach cougar tang. Friction is a [BLEEP]!

I'm still with Minshew. The saints are an elite unit and the team did him 0 favors.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-14-2019, 06:42 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I'm still with Minshew.  The saints are an elite unit and the team did him 0 favors.

19th ranked defense

(10-14-2019, 07:30 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 06:42 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I'm still with Minshew.  The saints are an elite unit and the team did him 0 favors.

19th ranked defense

Yards mean nothing. It’s called “Getting it done at crunch time” - and guess what? The Saints defense acels at that.

(10-15-2019, 12:26 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 07:30 PM)rocdee Wrote: 19th ranked defense

Yards mean nothing. It’s called “Getting it done at crunch time” - and guess what? The Saints defense acels at that.

post a link showing "getting it done at crunch time" rankings. TIA

(10-14-2019, 07:30 PM)rocdee Wrote:

19th ranked defense

You keep posting this but it’s deliberately misleading. The Saints have the 11th ranked pass defense, which is what Minshew was up against. 

Again, don’t let facts get in the way of your thinking (or lack thereof)

(10-15-2019, 09:12 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

You keep posting this but it’s deliberately misleading. The Saints have the 11th ranked pass defense, which is what Minshew was up against. 

lol at making the Saints pass defense out to be some juggernaut he was facing. EL OH ELLLLLL

(10-15-2019, 09:12 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Watch with your eyes.  Dallas went in to the Saints game on fire and they got stamped out.  We got buzz sawed by their defense and suffocated and contained the whole game.  They are better than their rankings.  Minshew is playing through pain and had some miscommunication.  Honestly it is all building blocks right now.  I'm not convinced the coaches are the right fit but I didn't see this year as a division winner type season.  We have a bunch of mistakes to overcome and improvements to be made.

The big plus for me is the team doesn't seem hopeless.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Hey how many yards did Minshew pass for against the Panthers NUMBER ONE pass defense? TIA