Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So Who will be the Democrat Nominee?

I kind of like Pete Buttigieg and Cory Booker, both of who may be stronger candidates in 2024. That said, as politically correct as people may seem, I think a large majority of people would ultimately refrain from voting in Buttigieg knowing our first lady would be a man. Booker seems well spoken and to the point. That said, you only get challenged when you're on top so he's had it pretty easy so far as the bullets have been fired elsewhere.

Bottom line --- I have no [BLEEP] idea .... Biden and Warren seem to be the early front runners but the Millennials are quiet right now --- they may show up strong for Bernie once again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2019, 07:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I kind of like Pete Buttigieg and Cory Booker, both of who may be stronger candidates in 2024.  That said, as politically correct as people may seem, I think a large majority of people would ultimately refrain from voting in Buttigieg knowing our first lady would be a man.  Booker seems well spoken and to the point.  That said, you only get challenged when you're on top so he's had it pretty easy so far as the bullets have been fired elsewhere.

Bottom line --- I have no [BLEEP] idea ....  Biden and Warren seem to be the early front runners but the Millennials are quiet right now --- they may show up strong for Bernie once again.

Corey Booker agrees with Beto O'Dork on mandatory gun confiscation. He will never get my vote.

The DNC and the media are doing their best to shut Gabbard out of the conversation.

Without her in the conversation, there's no energy, no momentum, and nothing to get excited about. Trump would mop the floor with the lot of them. It's beginning to feel like the Bush re-election. A lot of talk and wishful thinking from the left, but in reality a President that's much more popular with likely voters than opposing voters and the press are willing to let on. He'll be tough to beat even if they are still pushing their election tampering circus of a faux "investigation." Which, seems like their only game plan at this point.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 11:14 AM by Kane.)

(10-17-2019, 07:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I kind of like Pete Buttigieg and Cory Booker, both of who may be stronger candidates in 2024.  That said, as politically correct as people may seem, I think a large majority of people would ultimately refrain from voting in Buttigieg knowing our first lady would be a man.  Booker seems well spoken and to the point.  That said, you only get challenged when you're on top so he's had it pretty easy so far as the bullets have been fired elsewhere.

Bottom line --- I have no [BLEEP] idea ....  Biden and Warren seem to be the early front runners but the Millennials are quiet right now --- they may show up strong for Bernie once again.

Cory Booker?
Laughing
Of course you do

(10-17-2019, 06:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:37 PM)Kane Wrote: I think the Dems best shot at this point is Pete

so he probably won't be the nom, cuz.... well... they dumb haha

I don't know about Florida, but where I'm from (rural Ohio), a gay president wouldn't fly. I know people who hate Trump, who would actually vote for him over a gay candidate. I don't think Buttigieg has any chance at getting the nomination, much less beating Trump. At this point, I think it's either gonna be Biden or Warren.

Yeah I know plenty of people down here who would never vote for a black man or a woman
cuz ya know... they (the voters) are dumb

Yet we had a black POTUS for two terms and Killary got more votes than Trump (counting all the illegal votes in Cali lol)

Just saying... he's probably the best the Dems are offering... not that he would win.

(10-17-2019, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:38 PM)Kane Wrote: It IS working as designed, otherwise we would have Shillary Killary as POTUS and the world would have ended

If it worked as designed, there would have been no primary elections, no Republican national convention, no democratic national convention, etc. Those things came after the designers were cold in their graves.

Oh well..... in that case we should get rid of the Constitution, it had to be changed so many times after they were all dead and cold too.

The difference is that we the people have allowed exactly what the founding fathers didnt want.
Politics and money to control.

They were federalists and whigs. Parties, ideals, morals, everything changed. For the worst, obviously.
Getting rid of the Electoral college isn't going to fix the problems.

Booker, Bootedgeedge, both angry gay men who aren't very likeable. Less so than the President. That's just it. Hard to see any of these on stage alone with the President and able to impress in his presence. He repeatedly handed Hill dog's behind to her, a polished, privileged, highly funded establishment candidate. None has stood out from each other in any significant way, and they certainly wouldn't measure up favorably to Trump on stage, whether you like him or not. That's his whole game, knocking people off their pedestal, getting them out of their comfort zone. None of these can even find a comfort zone, stride, or platform that inspires anyone (regardless of where you are on the political spectrum.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(10-18-2019, 11:01 AM)pirkster Wrote: The DNC and the media are doing their best to shut Gabbard out of the conversation.

Without her in the conversation, there's no energy, no momentum, and nothing to get excited about.  Trump would mop the floor with the lot of them.  It's beginning to feel like the Bush re-election.  A lot of talk and wishful thinking from the left, but in reality a President that's much more popular with likely voters than opposing voters and the press are willing to let on.  He'll be tough to beat even if they are still pushing their election tampering circus of a faux "investigation."  Which, seems like their only game plan at this point.

You know?  I was thinking about the current race and after watching some of what she has to say, she is about the only one that I could possibly stomach out of the whole field.  I still wouldn't vote for her over President Trump, but if I was a democrat I would probably support her in the primary.  It's too bad that she doesn't have the support of the DNC MSM machine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset.
(long slow whistle while circling ear with finger)

(10-18-2019, 11:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: If it worked as designed, there would have been no primary elections, no Republican national convention, no democratic national convention, etc. Those things came after the designers were cold in their graves.

Oh well..... in that case we should get rid of the Constitution, it had to be changed so many times after they were all dead and cold too.

The difference is that we the people have allowed exactly what the founding fathers didnt want.
Politics and money to control.

They were federalists and whigs. Parties, ideals, morals, everything changed. For the worst, obviously.
Getting rid of the Electoral college isn't going to fix the problems.

I agree that switching to a popular vote won't fix anything.  But you said the EC works as designed, and it doesn't.  Now you are agreeing with me that it doesn't work as designed, and has changed for the worse.  I don't disagree.  So let's not say it works as designed again.

But I do think we could make it work more like it was intended to work if we were bold and deliberately tried to weaken both political parties.  

Do you?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Gabbard is a real candidate with strong ideas. I don't agree with some big parts of her platform, but I'd love for her to be the nominee because it would be a real election; no Deep State control over either candidate.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 07:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-18-2019, 11:19 AM)pirkster Wrote: Booker, Bootedgeedge, both angry gay men who aren't very likeable.  Less so than the President.  That's just it.  Hard to see any of these on stage alone with the President and able to impress in his presence.  He repeatedly handed Hill dog's behind to her, a polished, privileged, highly funded establishment candidate.  None has stood out from each other in any significant way, and they certainly wouldn't measure up favorably to Trump on stage, whether you like him or not.  That's his whole game, knocking people off their pedestal, getting them out of their comfort zone.  None of these can even find a comfort zone, stride, or platform that inspires anyone (regardless of where you are on the political spectrum.)

[Image: sheldon_good_lord.jpg]

(10-18-2019, 02:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hillary Clinton says Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset.
(long slow whistle while circling ear with finger)

I think she's been re-watching too many first season episodes of Homeland.

Omg! Tulsi Gabbard is actually on Tucker Carlson's show defending herself against Hillary and other dems.

It's bizarro world. What's happening??

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 08:51 PM by JackCity.)

(10-18-2019, 03:28 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Gabbard is a real candidate with strong ideas.  I don't agree with some big parts of her platform, but I'd love for her to be the nominee because it would be a real election; no Deep State control over either candidate.

You like the big Assad fan?

Mayor Pete is who the big money is swinging towards to take out the rest. Can't see how he gets anywhere.

Only took him a year to completely flip on Medicare once Big Pharma started their Direct debit

(10-18-2019, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Omg! Tulsi Gabbard is actually on Tucker Carlson's show defending herself against Hillary and other dems.

She is a regular guest on his show. FNC only place the will cover her fairly.  That, and she isn't exactly ugly.

(10-18-2019, 08:47 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 03:28 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Gabbard is a real candidate with strong ideas.  I don't agree with some big parts of her platform, but I'd love for her to be the nominee because it would be a real election; no Deep State control over either candidate.

You like the big Assad fan?

Yes I do.  Gabbard and I recognize the Syrian people chose Assad to represent, serve and protect them.  He has dealt admirably with the rash of CIA-backed insurgents on Syrian land.

(10-18-2019, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Omg! Tulsi Gabbard is actually on Tucker Carlson's show defending herself against Hillary and other dems.

She is a regular guest on his show. FNC only place the will cover her fairly.  That, and she isn't exactly ugly.

Oh, okay. I can only take Tucker Carlson in small doses so his show isn't on my screen often.

(10-19-2019, 11:30 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: You like the big Assad fan?

Yes I do.  Gabbard and I recognize the Syrian people chose Assad to represent, serve and protect them.  He has dealt admirably with the rash of CIA-backed insurgents on Syrian land.

Nice. Her anti Imperialist message has been interesting to see while also being heavily flawed herself.

(10-19-2019, 01:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 11:30 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Yes I do.  Gabbard and I recognize the Syrian people chose Assad to represent, serve and protect them.  He has dealt admirably with the rash of CIA-backed insurgents on Syrian land.

Nice. Her anti Imperialist message has been interesting to see while also being heavily flawed herself.

Uhm, the current President of Syria is the son of the previous President, who was installed in a military coup in 1963.
The people of Syria at large did not choose him.  A small clique in the army 56 years ago did.  From what I can tell the last competitive national election was held in 1949.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-19-2019, 04:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 01:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nice. Her anti Imperialist message has been interesting to see while also being heavily flawed herself.

Uhm, the current President of Syria is the son of the previous President, who was installed in a military coup in 1963.
The people of Syria at large did not choose him.  A small clique in the army 56 years ago did.  From what I can tell the last competitive national election was held in 1949.

I'm not a fan of Assad my man

Tulsi Gabbard is in play now. She has exposed the DNC and has drawn Hillary Clinton out of her spider-hole. But Tulsi is fearless and a splendid tactician. She made Hillary knee-cap her own campaign. You never attack down, Hillary, but too late. You stepped in it and now we know who you fear.

(10-19-2019, 09:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Tulsi Gabbard is in play now.  She has exposed the DNC and has drawn Hillary Clinton out of her spider-hole.  But Tulsi is fearless and a splendid tactician.  She made Hillary knee-cap her own campaign.  You never attack down, Hillary, but too late.  You stepped in it and now we know who you fear.

Good luck trying to get ahead of Bernie, Biden or Mayor Pete after all the money backing him