Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

FINALLY!
[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Would love to see the look on his face the first time he’s paying those California state taxes.

Whatever reason to make you feel better about the loss.  Still gonna be bringing home lots of money.  He just wants to be with a winner and play in a Super Bowl.

Horrible move. Yet another example of this league showing that it's turning into a place where if you don't want to play for your team then you just show out and you'll get what you want. Plus as others have mentioned, we just traded away someone that was one of the best picks we ever made in the first round to what will become a late first round pick that we have a basically zero chance to turn into a player like Ramsey.

(10-15-2019, 08:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Would love to see the look on his face the first time he’s paying those California state taxes.

Whatever reason to make you feel better about the loss.  Still gonna be bringing home lots of money.  He just wants to be with a winner and play in a Super Bowl.

What loss?

i hear they'll never get 2 firsts for him!

(10-15-2019, 08:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Glad the saga is over. Not 100% happy with the return though.

2 1st round picks and a 4th?  What did you think we would get?  lol. Got a steal of picks for that overrated clown

I'll be honest, I didn't realize the Rams were so pedestrian this season. I guess it's about what I expected, but what I wanted was a team more than likely to have a top 10 pick and a team with no hope of success like Washington.

(10-15-2019, 08:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Whatever reason to make you feel better about the loss.  Still gonna be bringing home lots of money.  He just wants to be with a winner and play in a Super Bowl.

What loss?

The loss of a elite talent because the Jaguars have inept coaches and a loser culture.

(10-15-2019, 08:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Not quite sure that we root for the same team.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I guess Gurley is gone this offseason. That's the only way I see them paying Ramsey. Especially since Cali has high state tax and LA has high property tax. Jalen will expect an even bigger contract from them

(10-15-2019, 07:59 PM)Preach Wrote: Stupid. One of our best players. We also just showed players that if they have a temper tantrum they'll get their way. Slippery slope here we come.

This.

Now there's no reason not to extend Ngakoue.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I really hope players and coaches unload on him now. I want to hear what they really feel.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-15-2019, 08:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 07:59 PM)Preach Wrote: Stupid. One of our best players. We also just showed players that if they have a temper tantrum they'll get their way. Slippery slope here we come.

This.

I was just about to say I wonder what this means for Yannick. Coughlin should be on the phone now.

More/less likely to stay? Does he see us as a sinking ship?

This.

Not for 20+ mil a year.  He isnt worth that unless he improves through the season

Looking at the Rams schedule I can see them going 9-7. If the 2020 pick is at least top 20 that would be awesome!

We can franchise Yannick if we need to

This is addition by subtraction. So glad to have this narcissistic [BLEEP] off of the team.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(10-15-2019, 08:21 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Horrible move. Yet another example of this league showing that it's turning into a place where if you don't want to play for your team then you just show out and you'll get what you want. Plus as others have mentioned, we just traded away someone that was one of the best picks we ever made in the first round to what will become a late first round pick that we have a basically zero chance to turn into a player like Ramsey.

You're in the minority in that opinion. He's a first rate talent to be sure but he's not as good as he thinks he is and he needs to be coddled to be properly motivated. Don't need a diva like that on the team.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-15-2019, 08:13 PM)laro Wrote:

Totally agree.  We don’t have many, if any, pro bowl players.  Draft picks will be high first round and we can’t even do well with top five picks.  No shut down corner now.  No middle line backer.  Weaker pass rush so far this year.

No they won't.  Rams are going to finish 3rd in their division at best.  This isn't the rent-a-team Rams of the last couple of years.  This year's version is mediocre.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

This.

Yeah but don't overpay. Ngakoue is a terrific edge rusher when healthy but he's not a top 10 DE in the league.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Brett Wrote: Question, are the 1st round picks in 2020 and 2021 at a specific spot that's set already or is it based off wherever the Rams fall draft position wise in each of those years?

It's wherever the Rams fall draft wise...so as it stands now, the Rams should be our least favorite team.

Root for them to lose out, no matter who they play.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!