Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

Winning is winning even if it's ugly. glad to escape with a W and get closer to .500
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2019, 04:41 PM)Firesky Wrote: Winning is winning even if it's ugly. glad to escape with a W and get closer to .500

Right, can't ever understand why half the fans are so upset when we win. Style points are meaningless.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Let's go. I'll take a win on the road anyday. Now time to get ready for the planes, that one is gonna be a total toss up.

Next week is big. We got to turn out and be loud! If we can get back to .500, we may be poised to make things interesting.

(10-20-2019, 04:47 PM)Newton Wrote: Next week is big. We got to turn out and be loud! If we can get back to .500, we may be poised to make things interesting.

well said. I'm gonna see if work will let me off. Budget is tight so my buddy and I will probably have to scoop some bleeders.

Had we scored on that first drive the game would have been massively different especially with the Bengals unable to stop the run.
But man that penalty on their first punt followed by our second offensive drive and their 2nd and 3rd punt putting us back at the 1 yard line really killed our field position. Going into the half one point behind after putting up 300 yards was a killer.

But it's a win and really happy about it, lots to clean up and we really really need to play with a lead for once but this game was too important.

the defense basicly won the game today. the offensse couldn't punch it into the end zone when they got the ball in red zone. like i said before you don't win games turning the ball over,but  if you force turnovers,and don''t turn ball over its most likely you'll win.  

turnovers today    Jags 0   Bengals  4.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-20-2019, 05:03 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: the defense basicly won the game today. the offensse couldn't punch it into the end zone when they got the ball in red zone. like i said before you don't win games turning the ball over,but  if you force turnovers,and don''t turn ball over its most likely you'll win.  

turnovers today    Jags 0   Bengals  4.

So still frie Dug or no?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-20-2019, 04:51 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Had we scored on that first drive the game would have been massively different especially with the Bengals unable to stop the run.
But man that penalty on their first punt followed by our second offensive drive and their 2nd and 3rd punt putting us back at the 1 yard line really killed our field position. Going into the half one point behind after putting up 300 yards was a killer.

But it's a win and really happy about it, lots to clean up and we really really need to play with a lead for once  but this game was too important.

Remember when the team couldn’t overcome that kind of stuff?  Also, another game where stupid penalties didn’t shoot themselves in the foot.  Offense does need to step it up a bit, though.   I can’t really blame Marrone for going for it on the first drive.  They moved down the field with ease and playing a terrible defense.  Miss it, and you put they’re bad offense on their one yard line.  Pretty much not respecting the bengals, hindsight, yeah, the 3 points would’ve been nice.

(10-20-2019, 04:17 PM)rocdee Wrote: Herndon is garbage

Not only are you ridiculous, you are just wrong.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 05:37 PM by Caldrac.)

Some of yall are hard to please. They won on the road by 10 with a rookie QB making his 5th official start.

Holy [BLEEP] people. Have a nice work week. Aiming for a 6 point victory over the Jets on the next up coming Sunday.

Adios folks!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-20-2019, 05:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Some of yall are hard to please. They won on the road by 10 with a rookie QB making his 5th official start.

Holy [BLEEP] people. Have a nice work week. Aiming for a 6 point victory over the Jets on the next up coming Sunday.

Adios folks!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Baltimore only beat them by 7 last week in Baltimore and Arizona only beat them by 3 the week before.  Arizona just won their 3rd in a row.  Great win today.

I am happy with the win,ill take it. not a smart move though to try to run ball up the midle on 4rth and goal. thats on the HC,and basicly kept bengals in the game.  yes i still think doug needs to be fired,but i said that when they first hired him. 

anyways we won today so lets celbreate we pulled out a win when we didn't play our best.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-20-2019, 05:59 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am happy with the win,ill take it. not a smart move though to try to run ball up the midle on 4rth and goal. thats on the HC,and basicly kept bengals in the game.  yes i still think doug needs to be fired,but i said that when they first hired him. 

anyways we won today so lets celbreate we pulled out a win when we didn't play our best.

Marrone doesn't call the plays.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'll take the win. This team is scrappy, still looking for an identity, but we have some good players and something to build on. The D is playing well. The offense was really crippled by field position. They'd have a 50 yard drive then punt from the 49 LOL. Bengals def won the special teams battle. Glad to see Conley and Cole make big plays in the passing game. Minshew looks a little squirrely in the pocket but manages to be effective. Should be an interesting game against the Jets.

I am pleased

(10-20-2019, 06:08 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I'll take the win.  This team is scrappy, still looking for an identity, but we have some good players and something to build on.  The D is playing well.  The offense was really crippled by field position.  They'd have a 50 yard drive then punt from the 49 LOL.  Bengals def won the special teams battle.  Glad to see Conley and Cole make big plays in the passing game.  Minshew looks a little squirrely in the pocket but manages to be effective.  Should be an interesting game against the Jets.

The weak link is our O line. It’s making Minshew squirrely and hindering Fournette.