Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Jets Game

(11-05-2019, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Yeah I missed it.  Doesn't change your analysis, which is illogical.

If you are basing the evaluation of the Jaguars depth on preseason games, what is the basis for excluding Minshew.

The offense was far from the Greatest Show on Turf Rams when he was in the game in preseason.

As far those guys being down last year not this year, that's a distinction with little difference in the scheme of things, aside from being besides my point (though in fairness, my post on 8/11 missing offensive players was a tangent).

How much quality depth can a team realistically hope to acquire in one offseason?  Think about your answer.
Last year we actually had depth but we just had to many injuries.  This year 1 or 2 injuries can cripple this team.  TE is 1 OT is another, if we lose Fournette we are are in big trouble regardless what you feel about Armstead.  If we lose Jack we might not even win another game. If we lose a safety we are in big trouble as well as corner.

(11-05-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Do me a favor to help prove your point to all of us who apparently aren't familiar with all the depth these other rosters have.

Show me the teams that have this great depth at Oline, Dline, TE, LB and CB....

Your basing this "other teams have depth and we don't" type thing on nothing.
Texans are cruising with multiple injuries, as  the Panthers and quite a few other teams.  There are teams winning a bunch of games around the league with more injuries than us but its next man up, we dont have that luxury
The Texans have Watson and he masks every single issue the Texans have. Not to mention they have great coaching on defense in Romeo Crennel. Not sure what injuries the Panthers have outside of Newton.....

Depth is not a luxury teams have despite what you may believe.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2019, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Last year we actually had depth but we just had to many injuries.  This year 1 or 2 injuries can cripple this team.  TE is 1 OT is another, if we lose Fournette we are are in big trouble regardless what you feel about Armstead.  If we lose Jack we might not even win another game. If we lose a safety we are in big trouble as well as corner.

Texans are cruising with multiple injuries, as  the Panthers and quite a few other teams.  There are teams winning a bunch of games around the league with more injuries than us but its next man up, we dont have that luxury
The Texans have Watson and he masks every single issue the Texans have. Not to mention they have great coaching on defense in Romeo Crennel. Not sure what injuries the Panthers have outside of Newton.....

It wasnt just Watson, their oline didnt play to bad regardless of injuries .  Their depleted D held our offense to 3 points.  That's not just coaching, their depth is solid.  Regardless some think, depth around the league is not all equal and it shows on game day.  Coaching helps but the players still have to go out there and play and make plays

(11-05-2019, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Texans have Watson and he masks every single issue the Texans have. Not to mention they have great coaching on defense in Romeo Crennel. Not sure what injuries the Panthers have outside of Newton.....

It wasnt just Watson, their oline didnt play to bad regardless of injuries .  Their depleted D held our offense to 3 points.  That's not just coaching, their depth is solid.  Regardless some think, depth around the league is not all equal and it shows on game day.  Coaching helps but the players still have to go out there and play and make plays

the texans have bad oline depth, bad cb depth and bad dline depth. Just because they played well vs us doesnt mean its good

(11-05-2019, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Texans have Watson and he masks every single issue the Texans have. Not to mention they have great coaching on defense in Romeo Crennel. Not sure what injuries the Panthers have outside of Newton.....

Of course not all depth is equal but you're acting like teams have a myriad of great players on their 2nd and 3rd strings. No one has that.

I thought it was a consensus, during preseason, that our backups appeared significantly worse than opposing teams?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 12:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-05-2019, 12:14 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I thought it was a consensus, during preseason, that our backups appeared significantly worse than opposing teams?

Oh it was lol.  Kind of funny now that depth doesnt really matter because no teams have quality depth

(11-05-2019, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It wasnt just Watson, their oline didnt play to bad regardless of injuries .  Their depleted D held our offense to 3 points.  That's not just coaching, their depth is solid.  Regardless some think, depth around the league is not all equal and it shows on game day.  Coaching helps but the players still have to go out there and play and make plays
Of course not all depth is equal but you're acting like teams have a myriad of great players on their 2nd and 3rd strings. No one has that.

You're the only one saying that.  Show me where I said as such.

(11-05-2019, 12:14 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I thought it was a consensus, during preseason, that our backups appeared significantly worse than opposing teams?

It was, it was also consensus that most teams have bad depth and that preseason doesn't mean anything.

(11-05-2019, 12:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:

It was, it was also consensus that most teams have bad depth and that preseason doesn't mean anything.

Tell those 2nd and 3rd stringers/ guys fighting for a roster spot that preseason doesnt mean anything

(11-05-2019, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: It was, it was also consensus that most teams have bad depth and that preseason doesn't mean anything.

Tell those 2nd and 3rd stringers/ guys fighting for a roster spot that preseason doesnt mean anything
I will if I ever run into one.

(11-05-2019, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: It was, it was also consensus that most teams have bad depth and that preseason doesn't mean anything.

Thankfully it's not their vantage point I'm referring too.