Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee being placed on injured reserve

(11-01-2019, 11:58 AM)Ronster Wrote: Good Riddance, maybe now they will cut him and be done with this fragile, breakable receiver. Bite me if you don't like it...

Yet you're all over Foles' jockstrap....curious.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:58 AM)Ronster Wrote: Good Riddance, maybe now they will cut him and be done with this fragile, breakable receiver. Bite me if you don't like it...

Well, Foles has proven himself as a player, Lee has not. All Lee has done is shown us that he cannot stay healthy.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)Rico Wrote:

It's the nickname.. it's got him all hot n bothered.

(11-01-2019, 12:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)Rico Wrote: Yet you're all over Foles' jockstrap....curious.

It's the nickname.. it's got him all hot n bothered.
+10000000

BOYCOTTTTTTT

(11-01-2019, 12:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)Rico Wrote: Yet you're all over Foles' jockstrap....curious.

Well, Foles has proven himself as a player, Lee has not. All Lee has done is shown us that he cannot stay healthy.

Irony.

(11-01-2019, 12:04 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Will you promise to boycott if they keep him?

[BLEEP] sphincter says what?
Marqise Lee could show up next preseason 70 lbs. overweight, missing his left hand, and cross-eyed drunk, and it still wouldn't be the worst attempt at a comeback I've seen, after reading this.

(11-01-2019, 12:04 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Will you promise to boycott if they keep him?

[BLEEP] sphincter says what?

Not sure you understand how this joke actually works.

Oh great. Ronster is back.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 04:52 PM by SeldomRite.)

They should have franchised him either way, even if he didn't want to be here use it as a way to trade him for a pick.

The reality is guys say a lot of things once they're somewhere, it doesn't really mean anything. If the Jaguars had franchised him they probably could have kept him, still signed Lee to a more reasonable contract, and drafted Chark. There's no reason the Jags couldn't have one of the best WR corps right now. As it is we're still good, but having Arob on one side and Chark on the other would be huge.

Gross

(11-01-2019, 04:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: They should have franchised him either way, even if he didn't want to be here use it as a way to trade him for a pick.

The reality is guys say a lot of things once they're somewhere, it doesn't really mean anything. If the Jaguars had franchised him they probably could have kept him, still signed Lee to a more reasonable contract, and drafted Chark. There's no reason the Jags couldn't have one of the best WR corps right now. As it is we're still good, but having Arob on one side and Chark on the other would be huge.

I agree. ARob knows the deal and he'd have played just fine if franchised regardless of what he said. It's rare to run across a player who's as immature as Ramsey so it's not even the same thing. It's a business and ARob understands that much. He didn't like the coaching turnover, but boo hoo, he's a professional and would have done his job.
'02

(11-01-2019, 12:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Are you just stupid, or brain dead? I'm guessing both...

Lee has played in more games than Foles has in their careers.....

Lee has 59 games played in 5 seasons...

Foles has 55 games played in 8 seasons...

Basically.. You're an idiot.

(11-02-2019, 03:35 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: They should have franchised him either way, even if he didn't want to be here use it as a way to trade him for a pick.

I agree. ARob knows the deal and he'd have played just fine if franchised regardless of what he said. It's rare to run across a player who's as immature as Ramsey so it's not even the same thing. It's a business and ARob understands that much. He didn't like the coaching turnover, but boo hoo, he's a professional and would have done his job.

...and was coming off of a major knee injury.  So yeah, let's franchise him and pay him even more.

(11-02-2019, 06:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 03:35 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I agree. ARob knows the deal and he'd have played just fine if franchised regardless of what he said. It's rare to run across a player who's as immature as Ramsey so it's not even the same thing. It's a business and ARob understands that much. He didn't like the coaching turnover, but boo hoo, he's a professional and would have done his job.

...and was coming off of a major knee injury.  So yeah, let's franchise him and pay him even more.

It's one year.

(11-02-2019, 07:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 06:27 AM)Rico Wrote: ...and was coming off of a major knee injury.  So yeah, let's franchise him and pay him even more.

It's one year.

Irrelevant point. 

But, to be clear, you'd have ended up paying him 13 mil for 754 yds and 4 TDs in a losing season in which you lost 6 offensive linemen to injury.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2019, 07:54 AM by SeldomRite.)

(11-02-2019, 07:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 07:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's one year.

Irrelevant point. 

But, to be clear, you'd have ended up paying him 13 mil for 754 yds and 4 TDs in a losing season in which you lost 6 offensive linemen to injury.

But you'd also have kept his rights and seen by the end of the season he was showing signs of being fully recovered, then you could franchise him again and sign him to a long them deal if you hadn't already done so.

(11-02-2019, 07:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 07:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Irrelevant point. 

But you'd also have kept his rights and seen by the end of the season he was showing signs of being fully recovered, then you could franchise him again and sign him to a long them deal if you hadn't already done so.

Look, I was a proponent of tagging A-Rob at the time of his release, but I'm smart enough to see that it would have been a waste given the way 2018 played out. And I don't think he'd make a enough of a difference in our current receiving corps (considering the cap situation we were in prior to this season) to warrant two tagged seasons' salary. 

Jags managed the situation just fine (bar the Moncrief overpayment) even if I disagreed at the time.  

Too bad we didn't have him healthy in 2017 when we really needed him.

(11-02-2019, 08:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 07:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: But you'd also have kept his rights and seen by the end of the season he was showing signs of being fully recovered, then you could franchise him again and sign him to a long them deal if you hadn't already done so.

Look, I was a proponent of tagging A-Rob at the time of his release, but I'm smart enough to see that it would have been a waste given the way 2018 played out. And I don't think he'd make a enough of a difference in our current receiving corps (considering the cap situation we were in prior to this season) to warrant two tagged seasons' salary. 

Jags managed the situation just fine (bar the Moncrief overpayment) even if I disagreed at the time.  

Everything in 2018 was a waste the way it turned out, a lot of salaries turned out to just be wasted money at that point, that doesn't mean having Chark and Arob right now wouldn't be an advantage.

The biggest problem relevant to Arob's cost was that the team choose to pay Marqise instead of him. They didn't have to do that, they badly overpaid Marqise and in hindsight should have just let him walk if he wasn't willing to sign for a lower figure.

(11-02-2019, 08:34 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 08:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Look, I was a proponent of tagging A-Rob at the time of his release, but I'm smart enough to see that it would have been a waste given the way 2018 played out. And I don't think he'd make a enough of a difference in our current receiving corps (considering the cap situation we were in prior to this season) to warrant two tagged seasons' salary. 

Everything in 2018 was a waste the way it turned out, a lot of salaries turned out to just be wasted money at that point, that doesn't mean having Chark and Arob right now wouldn't be an advantage.

The biggest problem relevant to Arob's cost was that the team choose to pay Marqise instead of him. They didn't have to do that, they badly overpaid Marqise and in hindsight should have just let him walk if he wasn't willing to sign for a lower figure.

Oh dear God. 

Have you not read this thread at all?

ROBINSON WANTED TO LEAVE

They didn't want to tag an injured WR who wanted to leave  and they believed Lee would come around. 
It was a logical move. 

Whatever, I'm done derailing this thread and repeating myself to no end.

(11-02-2019, 09:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 08:34 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Everything in 2018 was a waste the way it turned out, a lot of salaries turned out to just be wasted money at that point, that doesn't mean having Chark and Arob right now wouldn't be an advantage.

Oh dear God. 

Have you not read this thread at all?

ROBINSON WANTED TO LEAVE

They didn't want to tag an injured WR who wanted to leave  and they believed Lee would come around. 
It was a logical move. 

Whatever, I'm done derailing this thread and repeating myself to no end.

Then in the end they could have gotten a pick for him, clearly there was a market for him, he got paid well. The jaguars handled his case wrong, and even if he said he wanted to leave that's irrelevant, the Jaguars had the opportunity to control his rights and failed to do so to their detriment. It was a mistake.