Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Journalist Who Exposed Elite Gov’t Corruption Found Dead

(11-07-2019, 04:26 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: Lol.  You do, I suppose? Could you please donate some of your precious critical thoughts to me?

Jeffrey Epstein was sentenced to a number years that adds up to a life sentence given his age.

Now that the Salem Witch Trials are over, we no longer kill people as punishment for refusing to testify.  So keeping his mouth shut wouldn't have made his life worse.  

A prosecutor (Acosta) already had his career blown up by offering Epstein lenience for cooperation. I don't think it's possible that any prosecutor or judge would have reduced his sentence in exchange for cooperation with a new investigation.  Certainly it wouldn't have been reduced enough to give him hope of getting out of jail alive.  Talking wouldn't have improved his life

So why do you think Epstein might have talked if he were alive today?

Do yourself a favor and tone down on the smugness. You don't have the talent for it.

Even if he were going away for life, there are other incentives that would get him to talk. The government could forgo it's right to seize his assets. That's a big one, no? They could put him in a white collar prison. They could agree not to prosecute his accomplices. This is just off the top of my head. There are creative ways to work around the system if there are bigger fish to fry. 

This is 100% conspiratorial, but I suspect the reason he got off the first time without any punishment is because he was recruited to gather dirt for US intelligence. It would not surprise me one bit if his "suicide" was to protect that information. I don't think it had anything to do with Trump or the Clintons.

Sorry but I don't take personal advice from people who have just said that I don't think critically about any issue and lack talent.
No one does. 
Now before you respond with a "yeah but" please read back in this thread and see that you are the first one to be mean here. 

You are saying there's ways around "the system".  Legally, yes, but in terms of PR, no. I don't think any of the ideas you listed could have been done without getting public attention.  Regardless of what carrot was offered, a prosecutor would have to offer it publicly, and none of them were willing to do so.

I think simple revenge is a plausible motive for trying to kill him and make it look like a suicide.

I just don't think preventing him from talking is a plausible motive. He would have talked by the time he got in jail, if he was ever going to talk.

I also think if someone really wanted him dead, whether a politician we've heard of or US intelligence agency, how come they weren't able to kill him before his court date?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Journalist Who Exposed Elite Gov’t Corruption Found Dead - by mikesez - 11-07-2019, 09:44 PM