Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mid season team needs

1. OG (Both LG and RG)
2. TE
3. DT
4. LB
5. CB
6. WR
7. OT depth
8. RB depth
9. Safety depth
10. KR/PR

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This team just needs: belief, toughness, never quit attitude. Then they will succeed.

- LB
- CB
- LT
- RG
- TE

Please for the love of everything good, send this guy to the bench. Especially if the plan is to start Foles.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt8jKT7BNWMWvsSxy1yKv...0tIp_Vag&s]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-04-2019, 03:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: This team just needs: belief, toughness, never quit attitude. Then they will succeed.

[Image: timtebowpr_si.jpg?itok=q1gqF0P5]

(11-04-2019, 10:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LB  (will and sam currently)
NT
TE

The LB thing is tough because not only are they on to backups outside, the mike just signed a deal and is playing well below the figure. Very frustrating. Compound that with the NT issue and the run defense is in shambles against better teams.  They get fooled by pre snap motion so easy it's laughable.

Unfortunately it's all going to be stuff they have to fix in the offseason. Not much that can be done right now.

One tiny silver lining on this topic is that I think they may have found a decent #3 TE in DeValve. He's doing well as a blocker and "OK for a blocking end" when he's asked to catch it.

Oliver will have to show up eventually and they'll need that steady Y, in-line tight end that Swaim was meant to be.

Literally agree with everything you just said. Devalve is an excellent find. He blocks just as good as Mercedes Lewis, and he’s more nimble than him too. He’s not gonna wow you with his speed. He’s a good serviceable TE. I’d even go as far as he’s above average in the run game. Kid has opened up holes even lined up as a FB.

We are missing Telvin Smith badly. Jack is having a down year and he continues to be out of position. He’s getting swallowed up by offensive lineman, and he seems to always be in chase mode.

We’ve absolutely gotta find us a safety. Darius used to tear guys apart over the middle and he would come up and help soooo much in run support. Wilson is too slow and he really hasn’t done anything so far. At least Harrison has a few splash plays i.e. a sack.

I’m not ready to say we need a TE just yet. Oliver really can play, and he’s super athletic. He has a strong set of hands and he catches the ball so natural, but they need to give the kid some more looks. I think he has 2 catches in 2 games. I think his problem might be in the run game. He’s just simply not as good as DeValve in run blocking. When he was drafted, most of us knew he would need to get stronger bc he’s gifted at catching.

Dareus’ injury was a huge blow. But honestly I like the way Bryan has been playing. He’s a wild man and doesn’t know where he’s going but he gives effort a lot like Derek Landri used to.

Taylor is no better than Parnell as of right now. We are struggling to run off the right side and teams know that. Richardson and Cann are about the same player. Both have whiffed and made mistakes.

Norwell, I don’t even know what to say about Norwell. Million dollar Guard, playing like he’s asleep or bored. He just doesn’t seem to give much effort and he might be the weakest lineman we have.

Receivers are doing just fine. Chark is still not a bonafide WR yet, but he’s close. Let’s see what Foles does with Chark as the season moves forward. I think Foles will look at Oliver more.

I really want Minshew as the starter, but if the coaches say it’s Foles job then I trust them.

OC has a bad game, so let’s see how he rebounds. A blowout win would be so nice.

Fournette should have more yards than he does but I’m happy with how he’s turned things around. I’d love to see him lead the league in rushing this year.

Allen and Yannick have been playing good. Allen is going to be an All Pro very soon. Probably by next year or 2021. He might break Campbell’s sack record this year?? Yannick has been good for us since we drafted him. 

Herndon and Bouye are doing their jobs. Hopkins was limited to 48 yards which isn’t bad for one of the best receivers in the league. 

Lambo is the best kicker in the NFL right now.

Overall, we have a lot of work to do. We need to start ripping games off one at a time. If we can get to 9-7 who knows.

https://twitter.com/pff_jaguars/status/1...31200?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-04-2019, 01:15 PM)Jagson Wrote: Jake Ryan playing this year?

I remember reading an article, possibly from Oehser, about how Marrone was asked by a reporter if Jake Ryan would see the field this year, and at first Marrone had no idea who the guy was talking about. That doesn't bode well for Ryan.

(11-04-2019, 06:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/pff_jaguars/status/1...31200?s=21

Cam Robinson always catches flack and he's actually our most consistent OL and getting better, imo, the further removed from injury he gets

(11-05-2019, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/pff_jaguars/status/1...31200?s=21

Cam Robinson always catches flack and he's actually our most consistent OL and getting better, imo, the further removed from injury he gets

That's because TheOlineMatters hates the guy so the only time he's discussed here it's with that negative perspective running wild.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2019, 12:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote: Cam Robinson always catches flack and he's actually our most consistent OL and getting better, imo, the further removed from injury he gets

That's because TheOlineMatters hates the guy so the only time he's discussed here it's with that negative perspective running wild.

In fairness, I don't really like any of our O-Linemen other than Linder. I think I've complained more about Norwell this season than any other of our O-Linemen. I've never said I wanted to get rid of Robinson. In fact, I've said on many occasions that I would cut or trade Norwell, draft a real LT, (Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Trey Adams) and kick Robinson inside to LG. I think he would be an upgrade over Norwell. I don't see the team doing this though.

(11-05-2019, 01:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's because TheOlineMatters hates the guy so the only time he's discussed here it's with that negative perspective running wild.

In fairness, I don't really like any of our O-Linemen other than Linder. I think I've complained more about Norwell this season than any other of our O-Linemen. I've never said I wanted to get rid of Robinson. In fact, I've said on many occasions that I would cut or trade Norwell, draft a real LT, (Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Trey Adams) and kick Robinson inside to LG. I think he would be an upgrade over Norwell. I don't see the team doing this though.

But Robinson has played well at LT and is improving....
I don't want any more rookie OTs for awhile.

Draft interior OL help and let the outside guys (Robinson and Taylor) continue to develop. Norwell and Cann should be replaced and apparently Richardson isn't good enough to be more than a rotation player at RG.

(11-05-2019, 02:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 01:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In fairness, I don't really like any of our O-Linemen other than Linder. I think I've complained more about Norwell this season than any other of our O-Linemen. I've never said I wanted to get rid of Robinson. In fact, I've said on many occasions that I would cut or trade Norwell, draft a real LT, (Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Trey Adams) and kick Robinson inside to LG. I think he would be an upgrade over Norwell. I don't see the team doing this though.

Draft interior OL help and let the outside guys (Robinson and Taylor) continue to develop. Norwell and Cann should be replaced and apparently Richardson isn't good enough to be more than a rotation player at RG.

We can agree to disagree on this one.

(11-05-2019, 01:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: In fairness, I don't really like any of our O-Linemen other than Linder. I think I've complained more about Norwell this season than any other of our O-Linemen. I've never said I wanted to get rid of Robinson. In fact, I've said on many occasions that I would cut or trade Norwell, draft a real LT, (Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Trey Adams) and kick Robinson inside to LG. I think he would be an upgrade over Norwell. I don't see the team doing this though.

That's the one I don't get, what is Richardson not doing that keeps Can't in the game?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 01:28 AM by JackCity.)

He's been a sieve as a pass protector while yes has looked better recently. 

Don't really understand the whole "most consistent linemen" thing considering the mass amounts of hurries and penalties he's allowed since being drafted

(11-06-2019, 12:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:03 PM)Kane Wrote: But Robinson has played well at LT and is improving....

That's the one I don't get, what is Richardson not doing that keeps Can't in the game?

Have to assume it's mental thing. As physically I don't think they're close at all.

Cam Robinson always does well against the Texans. They built their dline with the big, slower edges like Clowney/Watt/Mercilus that Robinson matches up well against. I would not take "improvement" against the Bengals, Jets, and Texans as proof of much. He has still been overall putrid in allowing pressure and penalties.

(11-06-2019, 01:27 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:03 PM)Kane Wrote: But Robinson has played well at LT and is improving....

He's been a sieve as a pass protector while yes has looked better recently. 

Don't really understand the whole "most consistent linemen" thing considering the mass amounts of hurries and penalties he's allowed since being drafted

I think Taylor has given up more pressures this season than Cam his entire career.
Cam as a rookie was very good except a few games against elite pass rushing talent. Then he blew an ACL and coming back from that injury was not looking great but has improved each week this season.

Meanwhile Norwell has been bad one game, average the next, terrible the next his entire expensive career here
Cann and Richardson are sharing RG duties.... which speaks volumes (either about their talent or our coach staff, I'm not really sure)
Taylor has looked like a rookie this season, a lot.

Perhaps Linder is the most consistent lineman. But Robinson doesn't deserve most of the crap people on here toss at him when they read PFF.
How many pressures are given up when a rookie QB holds the ball too long? How many of his penalties are effort plays (holding) when going against the top pass rusher for the other team and our QB isn't seeing the field, or our RB reverses field to try to make a play?
These are things PFF won't tell you.

Either way... IMO, OT isn't very high on our "needs" board.

(11-06-2019, 10:44 AM)Kane Wrote: Cam as a rookie was very good except a few games against elite pass rushing talent.

How does this well documented and debunked lie persist? Cam led the league in pressures allowed as a rookie, including allowing 3+ pressures in 10 different games. He was equal opportunity with allowing himself to be abused. Oh, and he was like 4th in penalties too.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 10:55 AM by Kane.)

(11-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Cam Robinson always does well against the Texans. They built their dline with the big, slower edges like Clowney/Watt/Mercilus that Robinson matches up well against. I would not take "improvement" against the Bengals, Jets, and Texans as proof of much. He has still been overall putrid in allowing pressure and penalties.

From what I can gather , without paying some website a ridiculous fee, he has 2 false starts and 1 hold, 5 total penalities (which means 2 other penalties, like ineligible downfield or personal foul or something)
Pro football reference.

Doesn't seem that high to me.

Can't find a number of pressures, or hurries allowed so please, provide some stats or info to sway my opinion.

(11-06-2019, 10:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:44 AM)Kane Wrote: Cam as a rookie was very good except a few games against elite pass rushing talent.

How does this well documented and debunked lie persist? Cam led the league in pressures allowed as a rookie, including allowing 3+ pressures in 10 different games. He was equal opportunity with allowing himself to be abused. Oh, and he was like 4th in penalties too.

As a rookie he had 10 penalties the entire season.
He was also a rookie... and I remember a number of BAD games that year against some of the best pass rushers this game has to offer.

I also remember he had some games where Blake was kept clean and he was a mauler for Fournette.

I don't hear people jumping all over Taylor (a rookie who is struggling much of the time in pass protection)

(11-06-2019, 10:53 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Cam Robinson always does well against the Texans. They built their dline with the big, slower edges like Clowney/Watt/Mercilus that Robinson matches up well against. I would not take "improvement" against the Bengals, Jets, and Texans as proof of much. He has still been overall putrid in allowing pressure and penalties.

From what I can gather , without paying some website a ridiculous fee, he has 2 false starts and 1 hold, 5 total penalities (which means 2 other penalties, like ineligible downfield or personal foul or something)
Pro football reference.

Doesn't seem that high to me.

Can't find a number of pressures, or hurries allowed so please, provide some stats or info to sway my opinion.

(11-06-2019, 10:53 AM)Upper Wrote: How does this well documented and debunked lie persist? Cam led the league in pressures allowed as a rookie, including allowing 3+ pressures in 10 different games. He was equal opportunity with allowing himself to be abused. Oh, and he was like 4th in penalties too.

As a rookie he had 10 penalties the entire season.
He was also a rookie... and I remember a number of BAD games that year against some of the best pass rushers this game has to offer.

I also remember he had some games where Blake was kept clean and he was a mauler for Fournette.

I don't hear people jumping all over Taylor (a rookie who is struggling much of the time in pass protection)

Cam has 8 penalties and 3 sacks allowed in 66% of snaps played through 10 games. He's been bad. Very good as a run blocker, but bad as a pass protector. 

Yeah Taylor has been bad too, most of the line has. But that's to be expected of a rookie tackle. That's why I said Cam might have struggled as a rookie but you can give that a pass as it's expected.  

It's now year 3 (and yes the ACL is a factor) and he isn't a good enough LT. It's definitely a need this offseason based on what we've seen so far, hopefully he'll improve and make it less a need as the weeks go by.