Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 03:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I agree. Foles is an incredibly average player who won Super Bowl MVP and almost made it there again. I think in order to save his butt, the HC should start the 6th round rookie who has looked like a 6th round rookie against any team with a winning record.

The Chiefs have a winning record

Let me know the combined record of the teams Minshew has beat.

I'll help ya. 8-26.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2019, 02:43 PM)High Octane Wrote: While I loved Minshew, I'm interested to see how Foles really does with this team.

If he does really well, next offseason will be really interesting. Could make Foles a nice trade chip to a QB needy team.

My thoughts, as well.

Superb Owl run starts now!

:ducks:

Ninja
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: The Chiefs have a winning record

Let me know the combined record of the teams Minshew has beat.

I'll help ya. 8-26.

No problem, was just correcting you on him not playing well against teams with winning records. Oh and he played well Vs the Panthers too.

Returning my minshew jersey. Was fun while it lasted boys.

(11-05-2019, 03:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let me know the combined record of the teams Minshew has beat.

I'll help ya. 8-26.

No problem, was just correcting you on him not playing well against teams with winning records. Oh and he played well Vs the Panthers too.

For the record, I have nothing against Minshew and thinks he has a bright future. He could stand to sit behind Foles for another year and learn his trade better. What is the rush? Look how long Aaron Rodgers sat...

(11-05-2019, 03:10 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Returning my minshew jersey. Was fun while it lasted boys.

I wouldn’t do that just yet.

You’ll need it in two weeks after Cann whiffs on another block and a DT crushes Foles again.

I have no problem with the decision. Is there any reason he had to announce it this early, though? Wouldn't it be better to stay quiet so Indy didn't know who was going to start?

(11-05-2019, 03:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 03:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: No problem, was just correcting you on him not playing well against teams with winning records. Oh and he played well Vs the Panthers too.

For the record, I have nothing against Minshew and thinks he has a bright future. He could stand to sit behind Foles for another year and learn his trade better. What is the rush? Look how long Aaron Rodgers sat...

Yeah I don't actually mind if people think Foles should be the QB, even if I disagree vehemently. Just that Minshew has in fact played quite well Vs good teams. Hasn't played well enough in the last 4 to hold onto the job though

(11-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Last42min Wrote: I have no problem with the decision. Is there any reason he had to announce it this early, though? Wouldn't it be better to stay quiet so Indy didn't know who was going to start?

I thought the same but then remembered that there’s hardly any tape of Foles in a Jags uniform. So the advantage is still there.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Last42min Wrote: I have no problem with the decision. Is there any reason he had to announce it this early, though? Wouldn't it be better to stay quiet so Indy didn't know who was going to start?

Exactly...after saying he was going to take 3 or 4 days.....he took 2. It may have been better to keep the clots guessing for a while.
But, no one ever said doug was the sharpest knife in the drawer.
It's okay to find out what the Jaguars got for their money......and I expect GMII to be back before season ends.
Also, I expect a new head coach and staff next season.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-05-2019, 03:20 PM)knarnn Wrote:

I thought the same but then remembered that there’s hardly any tape of Foles in a Jags uniform. So the advantage is still there.

They don’t need any. He’ll be running out of a quickly collapsing pocket while searching frantically for an open receiver.

Gamesmanship (or good coaching in general) has never been Doug's strong suit.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 03:29 PM by snowwolf776.)

everyone start prepareing yourselves for a huge dissapointent now rest of the season. foles is a highly overrated qb.  we will do good to get 1 win with foles.  I would be glad to eat crow if foles proves me wrong,but that won't happen.

of course though minshew is hurt,according to jags radio he has a hurt shoulder.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-05-2019, 02:42 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Oh cool, let’s stop developing our future qb to start a band aid in a season that’s probably lost.

No reason to throw in the towel at 4-5!   Remember 1996?  We were 3-6!

once we are out of playoff contention i would sit foles and let GM15 finish the season and get some much needed experience and then trade foles for a killing to chicago in the off season and GM15 is the franchise going forward. but while still chasing playoffs lets see what foles does.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 03:46 PM by Mowerguy.)

(11-05-2019, 03:28 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: everyone start prepareing yourselves for a huge dissapointent now rest of the season. foles is a highly overrated qb.  we will do good to get 1 win with foles.  I would be glad to eat crow if foles proves me wrong,but that won't happen.

of course though minshew is hurt,according to jags radio he has a hurt shoulder.

Spot on Snow...and like I said in another thread, having the break and returning to NF7 will give GMII a chance to heal too.
He's carried the load a while now.
Let's see what $88 million buys.
In a way there's more "pressure" on him than there ever was on Minshew.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 03:50 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Fred Taylor should have won in 1998
MJD should have won in 2006
Minshew should have won in 2019

There goes our Rookie Of The Year.

If this wasn’t a win now type of league, then Minshew would be the QB.

The first interception Foles throws, the boo birds will be heard around the world.

Hold your head up kid, your time will come.

Please can we get Mike Leach as our HC next year.

No worries, GM15 will be back in a few weeks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The next 2 games are gonna be tough. I have no issues with the decision. Get those 2 wins and we're back in the mix with some easier games in December. Minshew wasn't the problem in London; the whole team played poorly. Maybe part of that was the speculation about the QB - was the locker room divided already? Marrone would know. Let's just go win.