Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

I don't have a problem with the decision.  I don't think that it has anything to do with the coach "saving his butt" or any of that.

Nick Foles was brought in to be the starting QB not just for this season, but for the next few seasons at least.

The backup position prior to this season was a big question and many (including myself) questioned why they didn't bring someone else in.  Prior to the season I would have thought that at best Minshew might be on the practice squad.  Obviously the coaching staff (the people that actually do this for a living and know more than the message board armchair coaches) saw something more and took the risk of placing Minshew on the final 53.

I don't think that many would have predicted that the 6th round "project" would be so good.  In fact, people were "up in arms" over the decision and there are many that still want to fire the coaching staff and the whole front office, yet many of those same people would probably say that the front office and coaching staff were "brilliant" to make a 6th round pick the primary backup.

My point is, Nick Foles is a veteran with plenty of experience.  He was brought here to be THE starting QB for the next few years, that's why he got the contract that he did.  Do I agree with that position?  Not really.  Gardner Minshew is a 6th round draft pick and a rookie.  He made the team as a backup QB and performed well.  He is going back to the position that he filled when the season started.  The team is going back to the quarterback that they acquired via free agency to be THE starter for the next few years.

Though it's not "popular" I think that it's the right thing to do at this point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:03 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-05-2019, 03:24 PM
RE: Nick Foles To Start For Jaguars Game @ Colts - by jagibelieve - 11-05-2019, 07:55 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 11-08-2019, 06:58 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-02-2019, 01:18 PM